[3.2][Slayer/Reave/Blade Flurry] Embrace the Madness [Oni-Goroshi/Budget to End Game]

Looking good so far, 72 in SSF playing this build.

I don't get some things though. You say we take cwdt+ic to help proc arakaali regen, yet you take Vaal Pact which disables regen. Not to mention it procs only after 4s of not taking damage, and low lvl cwdt+ic will only give about 1-2s of immunity, it's not enough to even start arakaali regen...

Among minor souls, Yugul might be a safer option, considering our vulnerability to elemental reflect (ascedancy gives immunity only to physical reflect).

And don't get this one
"
Ancestral Protector gives us a lot of damage. Drop it while you're fighting a boss and you'll hit faster. That means you get faster to 6 stages of Blade Flurry and more chances to blind per second.

Where does this blind is coming from? Can't see any source of blind, maybe I overlooked something...
"
iktose wrote:
Congrats on the drops guys !
Reave can feel clunky at the beginning but with some attack speed and the attack in place trick it's great. Frost blades + ancestral call can be used too for clearing if you still want to use another skill but like Kalbuir said you do not have to target mobs with Reave. For me this means more freedom and more clear speed.

The Arakaali pantheon won't work with this build. It triggers when you stop taking damage over time. We take 2 type of Dots : Phys (Blood Rage) and Fire (Her Embrace). Immortal Call when it proc will stop phys DoT only but we still have the DoT from Her Embrace and the regen won't proc.

Don't worry about the roll on your swords at the beginning. Farm some money and buy divines to reroll it later.

Have fun with the build and enjoy the league :)

Thanks for this build! Really having fun with it so far. I really like the feel of the frost blade skill but I'm having some trouble figuring out what supports to pair with the skill in this build. Any suggestions?

Definitely need ancestral call, multistrike, and increased critical strikes (I think) but not sure what to put as the last two. Elemental damage with attacks and hypothermia? Or are there more efficient supports to pair with this build in your opinion.

FYI using the above, its solid overall and new for this patch. Good for dmg, res. Lacking life but high damage - i have 200 int with various items so works out on both ends

Exactly the kind of build I was looking for to try in 3.2! Great well written guide, can't wait to try this build myself out!

Just got this little thing and it works wonders with this build. Of course there are a lot of better alternatives, but this attack speed finally made me like Reave. It helps tremendously. Also allows for faster whirling blades (which i prefer to use instead of leap slam).
"
Where does this blind is coming from? Can't see any source of blind, maybe I overlooked something...

Blind coming from Abyss Jewels mods "#% chance to Blind Enemies on Hit with Attacks" (3-6% each jewel). Didn't test yet but i suspect it's very good on fighting with hard bosses.
"
Ventori wrote:
"

Blind coming from Abyss Jewels mods "#% chance to Blind Enemies on Hit with Attacks" (3-6% each jewel). Didn't test yet but i suspect it's very good on fighting with hard bosses.

Nice, thanks!
Build works much better than I expected. Currently rocking at 84lv in SSF SC Bestiary. I was lucky enough to find Starkonja today, my current gear:

I keep life flasks for trials, I'm too lazy to switch them for something else every time I jump into a trial. I also have some serious INT issues, so I decided to pick Mana Flows and Versatility. Did some T6 maps and they went smooth and easy, I'll venture deeper into atlas tomorrow.

Last edited by DevolayS on Mar 8, 2018, 6:59:38 AM
@Hedage : I updated the pantheon section a while back because I was wrong about arakaali and the regen. Not because of VP but because IC doesn't stop the DoT from Her Embrace so the regen doesn't proc. Don't use this major god.
It's nice to see someone trying this build in SSF !

@Koolpsych : I did a quick test with PoB and the best seems to be Frost Blades - Ancestral Call - Increased Crit - Damage on Full Life - Melee Phys Damage - Elem Damage with Attacks

Last edited by iktose on Mar 7, 2018, 9:22:42 PM
I'm curious anyone gave Atziri's gloves a thought / test? Curious how the build would feel with instant leech.

Oh and you said you modified the sword in POB how can I add it to my own POB, I wanna compare with your POB for reference.
Last edited by Kalbuir on Mar 9, 2018, 4:20:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info