*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

this build has pretty good dps so you should be able to carry a 3 man group quiet easily. the aoe clear is decent too.

the tempest is a nice bow, the dps is only slightly lower than quillrain. with +1 arrow, it could reach quillrain numbers.
i'd recommend quillrain anyway.
hi, this build looks really cool and unique, thanks for all your work on it. from what i understand, the fire variant of volkuurs causes the fire poison to count as burning damage, which would let you use the burning damage support gem and/or passive nodes. how would that compare to the lightning damage version?
yes thats a really interesting interaction. i think the burning notes are too far away to be worth it, the poison notes itself are really strong in numbers.
the burning dmg support gives 54% more dmg on lvl 20 and therefore is not better than the other support gems we can use like deadly ailments, ele dmg with attacks and unbound ailments(duration boosts dps by a lot).

i went for lightning because the flat dmg on abyss jewels is highest with lightning rolls. fire is 2. best option, cold dmg has the lowest rolls.
Incinerate could be a nice delivery skill using the same build concepts

Lots of hits per second, a more multi per channel stage, can even add CWC

and the fire DOT seems to scale with burn damage supports and passives

A quick test in POB, as a Scion, gets like 2 million DPS with dual Dori Catalysts and perfect added fire damage and DOT abyss jewels, and flask effect nodes :)
9+ casts per second

The more cast speed you get the better it scales

Thanks for the inspiration, now I think I will work on a new build and put my current summoners on the backburner!
There are other skills/spell that may work better - I always loved DOT skills/effects, but ignite sucks, so this is like a better ignite :)

Last edited by CoolColJ on Jan 9, 2018, 6:42:12 PM
One additionnal thought :
If you go in the northern part of the tree instead of the Scion wheel life, you get about 10% less DPS, about the same EHP (less life but more mana) and better on hit DPS.

It offers more adaptability to "monsters have X% chance to avoid poison" map mod and, more importantly, it uses 3 less jewels. Considering jewels are what cost the most by a shitton, i guess its a viable option.

Edit : Leveling with this is a breeze as long as you have some leveling stuff. If you don't, it's a pain.

@CoolColJ : don't know how you're getting that much DPS vs Shaper with that stuff with Incinerate.
Last edited by Iyacthu on Jan 9, 2018, 7:04:44 PM
"
Iyacthu wrote:

@CoolColJ : don't know how you're getting that much DPS vs Shaper with that stuff with Incinerate.

1 million vs Shaper, 2 million trash, but tree would need more work to be viable :)

"
Iyacthu wrote:
If you go in the northern part of the tree instead of the Scion wheel life, you get about 10% less DPS, about the same EHP (less life but more mana) and better on hit DPS.

It offers more adaptability to "monsters have X% chance to avoid poison" map mod and, more importantly, it uses 3 less jewels. Considering jewels are what cost the most by a shitton, i guess its a viable option.

Edit : Leveling with this is a breeze as long as you have some leveling stuff. If you don't, it's a pain.

we need the jewels for our base lightning damage though. also the on hit dmg does not matter at all with this build. keep in mind that quill rain has 40% less dmg with hits! we use coralito's and get perfect agony which gives 30% less dmg with hits. also deadly ailments gives 20% less dmg with hits ; /
Volatile dead could be interesting

POB DPS in my setup, 430k vs Shaper x3 ball per cast, 4 cast per second

So a touch over 1.2 million, but the interaction of 3 balls per cast would change the actual outcome, plus the corpse explosion is another layer which just about doubles the above figure

But I already ditched my Heirophant V.dead guy due to the clunkiness of the skill....

Maybe with Poet's Pen, double dipping with the barrage in the chest....
Last edited by CoolColJ on Jan 9, 2018, 8:00:58 PM
whats the ups and downs between ur build and the other quill poison raider build? i cant decide between the 2 :/
How do you recommend leveling this build, and can you get poison damage while leveling?
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Jan 10, 2018, 2:27:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info