3.1 - Mjolner Rainbow Rambo - 15 charges discharge - Guardians/Red Map Elder + Guardians

so i tried to copy this build into path of builder and i can at most get up to 65k dps with discharge while for you it shows up to 82k idk what is wrong may you take a look and check it out? i basically just copied all your items and most of your tree just changing it a bit to fit for scion
https://pastebin.com/ZJr6SZiy
"
Xo3 wrote:
so i tried to copy this build into path of builder and i can at most get up to 65k dps with discharge while for you it shows up to 82k idk what is wrong may you take a look and check it out? i basically just copied all your items and most of your tree just changing it a bit to fit for scion
https://pastebin.com/ZJr6SZiy

I haven't really had the time to look into revamping this character for 3.2 since I've been busy farming uber elder.

I'll be doing an update once I have the time.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

I haven't really had the time to look into revamping this character for 3.2 since I've been busy farming uber elder.

I'll be doing an update once I have the time.

Alright will be diligently waiting for an update. Was hoping to use this fun build in beastiary league. Not too expensive which it nice. only up to 1 maybe 2 ex.

would be nice if you could also do a scion variant along with a witch revamp for 3.2
<3 Luv, Xo3
Last edited by PrinceCuddles on Mar 10, 2018, 10:49:15 PM
I'm following your build and honestly is wonderful: fun, flashy, effective, not the easiest but also not too hard to use effectively.
Considering my limited capabilities and experience in PoE, I'm evaluating the new Elementalist Skills and I have, at the moment, chosen the following:
- Shaper of Desolation (grants 100% chance to produce ailments from elem attacks)
- Pendulum of Destruction (+75% area and +75% elem dmg for 5 secs, continuos)
- Liege of Primordial (2 golems - fire and lightn - and more golems bonus)
- Paragon of Calamity (0,5% elem dmg leeched and immune to elem reflect)
with wrath and elem weakness-blasphemy.
BUT, there is another Skill:
- Mastermind of Discord: Heralds give 25% penetration to their element, less mana reserved and 25% more effects; so now Herald of Fire (20/20) gives +33,75% (+27% augmented by 25%) fire dmg (plus minor physical bonus), Ice (20/20) +18,75% ice dmg AND flat dmg to spells, thunder +18,75% lightn dmg and flat dmg, ALL of the above plus the active splash dmg/area;
that is leaving me wonder if, at the place of wrath (20/20: +21% lightn dmg and flat lightn dmg to spells, more or less equal to the flat spell dmg bonus of the 3 heralds combined) AND ele weakness (20/20: -44% elem res), would be better put those 3 heralds.
A bit of theorycrafting:
*Imagine one base spell damage output with discharge of 1000 elem damage, equally splitted in fire/frost/cold, against a target who has 75%res:
- with elem weakness (-44%)and wrath (+21%lighting +132 average dmg): 333fire 333cold 535lightn = 230fire 230cold 370 lightn TOTAL 830 dmg inflicted;
- with heralds (25% spell pen): 445fire (phys fire dmg not included) 866frost (active of herald of ice included) 1245 lightn (active of herald of thunder included), total not mitigated 2556, 25% of which is "true" elem dmg (639) and the remaining mitigated by the 75% elem res (479), for a grand TOTAL of 1118 dmg inflicted.
So considering MY calcs heralds beat elem weakness and wrath 1118 final elem dmg vs 830 final elem damage...
BUT
I lack the infos in game to test if this is right or not.
So, to you and whoever may concern: would you like to add my little contribution to your wonderful work and see if a Heralds builds may be the best in 3.2 Mjolner Rambo Witch build?
I'd sacrifice Shaper of Desolation for this or Paragon of Calamity (tastes: more defensive or more offensive build).

A newbie, but very passionate,
Mjolner Rambo Witch.

...update.
I managed to gather enough currency to buy all 3 20/20 heralds and 10 orbs to respec 2 ascendancy skills; I decided to sacrifice Paragon of Calamity (immune to elem reflect dmg) and simply dodge elem reflect maps, and take Mastermind of Discord.
TWO MAJOR CONSIDERATION.
1st MAJOR CONSIDERATION. With the -25% mana reserve on heralds of the Skill, YOU CAN ACTUALLY RUN ELEM WEAK WITH BLASPHEMY AND 3 HERALDS (considering u have at least 1300 max mana that is)!!! HOLY S**T!!! the damage outputs skyrockets in an Elon Musk's fashion.
2nd MAJOR CONSIDERATION. THE AOE OVERKILL DMG OF FIRE AND ICE HERALDS. With discharge, we kinda overkill everything by a s**tload of overkill dmg, that... EXPLODES AOE. I've done a Colosseum 20qual (t14) rare map run and I oneshotted things that werent even in my screen.

Gems Update.
You have of course to cut off wildstrike cause now you have 25% elem pen always active. To have enough slots to keep all up, you also have to renounce to the Cast When Dmg Taken + Golems, in this fashion:

Mjolner: same
Armor: same
Head: Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 13) + Immortal Call (lvl 15) + Increase Duration (lvl 20) + BloodRage (lvl 16)
Shield: the 3 heralds
Gloves: Blasphemy + Ele Weakness + Fire Golem + Lighning Golem (now u have to cast golems by urself)
Boots: Shield Charge (or ur movement skill) + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Ancestral Protector (u can trade Ancestral for Righteous Fire... which I cant use and I die everytime so fk RF -.-'').

I've found something here I belive.
I'm eager to listen to your feedback.

The newbie as before, but always very passionate,
3.2 Mjolner Rambo Witch.

Last edited by filiusnoctis on Mar 19, 2018, 8:57:39 AM
"
I lack the infos in game to test if this is right or not.
So, to you and whoever may concern: would you like to add my little contribution to your wonderful work and see if a Heralds builds may be the best in 3.2 Mjolner Rambo Witch build?

Hey, /filiusnoctis. I've been playing this build, and builds like this one, for a really long time. You're absolutely right about Mastermind of Discord, the 25% resistance pen for each element is incredibly strong. It eliminates the need for wild strike, which means mapping is faster, and bosses are less dangerous (time you spend NOT molten striking is deadly).

This is helped by the fact that this build scales all three elements via Elemental Damage and Spell Damage. I've tried variants of these builds which scale Lightning damage, in which case Wrath would be a lot stronger primarly due to that juicy juicy More multiplier. But since all three are scaled in this build, using Wrath really left something to be desired. The new Elementalist changes are exactly what this build needed.

And, like you said, the clear speed is significantly better now, because you're basically playing an ignite prolif build with all those damn Heralds.

However, I'd like to recommend some changes:

Acendancies
This isn't too big of a deal, but I personally think Shaper of Desolation is underwhelming compared to Paragon of Calamity. With Shaper, you're always guaranteed to inflict ailments, but they don't do much for clearing because you're always 1 shotting the whole screen anyway. As for bossing, you already attack so damn fast, you're going to inflict ailments within a few short seconds anyway. By taking Shaper of Desolation, you're sacrificing Elemental Reflect Immunity, a nice boost in DPS against any elemental bosses, a huge boost to elemental defense, and an absolutely insane 0.5% elemental leech... just to put ailments on bosses a few seconds faster. I don't think that's worth it.

Skill Tree
For the most part, the tree should stay the same. However, if you take Paragon of Calamity, you can sacrifice a few regen nodes on the tree i̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶h̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶S̶ ̶E̶ ̶X̶ ̶Y̶E̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶E̶q̶u̶i̶l̶i̶b̶r̶i̶u̶m̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶A̶N̶O̶T̶H̶E̶R̶ ̶-̶2̶5̶%̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶i̶s̶t̶.̶(EDIT: PLEASE DON'T TAKE EE) With that 0.5% elemental leech, you can easily make up for the regen you lose.

Gems
Discharge - Controlled Destruction - Increased Area of Effect / Concentrated Effect
Arc was amazing for the old patch as you needed the clear, and it worked great with Wrath. Now that you're essentially Herald bombing, arc isn't needed and can be dropped for significantly more damage.

Cast When Damage Taken - Summon Lightning Golem - Summon Flame Golem
Your Golems give a HUGE boost to DPS and survivability due to more life gain, having to Self-Cast is really dangerous in boss fights, so CwDT is important IMO.

Molten Strike - Faster Attacks - Multistrike - Chance to Bleed - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Life Gained On Hit
Not much to say here. Still BiS gems for 3.2.

Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Chance to Bleed
This is an interesting one. Bleeding yourself while clearing always gave you a HUGE clearspeed boost via The Red Trail, but was honestly pretty scary. Now, with the 0.5% leech, it's not even noticeable. You fly from pack to pack and the bleed is counteracted by the leech (one of the few times its awesome to have really low leech rate lol). It sucks to lose Ancestral Protector, but for bosses I just drop it in and replace Chance to Bleed. A bit annoying, but problem solved!

Cast When Damage Taken - Blood Rage - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
Same as before. This gem setup is awesome.

Elemental Weakness - Blasphemy
Same.

Herald of Thunder Herald of Ice Herald of Ash
These go into any free slots. Two will go into the EleWeak+Blasph item. One will go into a ring socket. If you don't have a socket ring, I would just replace GMP on chest.

DISCLAIMER
I'm not a master theory crafter. I would not be surprised to find out there are better links/gear/nodes etc. for this build. I don't even know if this is any better than Ascendant, this is just how I rolled with it, and so far it feels pretty great. Please take all of this with a grain of salt! That being said, I hope this helps. :D

Lots of love to Simplesim45! Big fan of your builds!
Last edited by YoungFade on Mar 26, 2018, 8:25:54 PM
May you explain why you have faster casting in your 6L off hand? is it only for mana multiplier? or is there a specific reason.
Last edited by PrinceCuddles on Mar 21, 2018, 7:55:19 PM
"
YoungFade wrote:
"
Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Chance to Bleed
This is an interesting one. Bleeding yourself while clearing always gave you a HUGE clearspeed boost via The Red Trail, but was honestly pretty scary. Now, with the 0.5% leech, it's not even noticeable. You fly from pack to pack and the bleed is counteracted by the leech (one of the few times its awesome to have really low leech rate lol). It sucks to lose Ancestral Protector, but for bosses I just drop it in and replace Chance to Bleed. A bit annoying, but problem solved!

Biggest Thing about this build is getting that bleed of. Atleast for my variant of this build. I decided to swap the 2ndary staff into a bow (But you can swap into two-handed sword) and i Linked:
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Puncture - [What ever else you would want]
I found the puncture to really help with it's 100% bleed chance. Even more so on bosses where they can sometimes take a while to bleed.
Last edited by PrinceCuddles on Mar 21, 2018, 8:01:30 PM
Yes faster casting is for mana multiplier.

Also molten strike does a good enough job of applying bleed, there's no need to switch to frenzy in offhand.

I am constantly bleeding, both at boss and during mapping.

Also read the original post about my 3.2 update.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Mar 21, 2018, 8:30:39 PM
I'm currently running this build with RF and 4 golems with 3 heralds and purity of fire.

I know you don't support the build anymore for 3.2 but I was curious what you think about elemental overload vs Resolute Technique? I know being able to crit counters romiras but considering we get so many PC from molten strike it maybe doens't matter?
Currently trying out EO but it's kinda hard to tell the difference in damage vs RT. Have you experimented much with it ?
"
Schenken wrote:
I'm currently running this build with RF and 4 golems with 3 heralds and purity of fire.

I know you don't support the build anymore for 3.2 but I was curious what you think about elemental overload vs Resolute Technique? I know being able to crit counters romiras but considering we get so many PC from molten strike it maybe doens't matter?
Currently trying out EO but it's kinda hard to tell the difference in damage vs RT. Have you experimented much with it ?

The problem you'll encounter with EO is the lack of accuracy and the overly frequent crits. Mjolner procs on hit, not on miss. Life gain on hit is also on hit and not on miss. So you need accuracy. And because of how frequently molten strike hits, it'll crit often enough that you won't have max power charges on every discharge.

Paired with the multiplier from EO, it makes it essentially the same damage as RT, but you lose out on procs/healing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info