Happy New Year! A 2017 Retrospective

Thanks so much. We love you guys. I joined in 2011 and each new League still gets me hyped. Thanks for the hard work.
"
Chris_GGG wrote:
  • We launched three challenge leagues: Legacy, Harbinger, and Abyss.

Three leagues only. That's not an accomplishment to tout in this thread. After all, GGG states within the game's help system that typically "several" leagues are released each year. Several generally means more than 2 or 3, and if leagues run 3 months each, 4 should be released within a busy year, with a week or two break in-between each league.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, as I enjoy longer league periods. :-) But let's keep this in perspective please: 2017 was a year with fewer leagues launched, mostly thanks to the long delay with 3.0's launch resulting in multiple Legacy league extensions.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jan 1, 2018, 3:26:09 PM
Happy New Year to all !

By now Path of Exile is my favorite game of all time, I never hoped that a deep ARPG would ever be made but it has been and I hope GGG will be around for a very long time !
a lot has been done, and most of it has been excellent. Grats to the devs and much thanks.

Theres but tho, any chance next year you could maybe do a bit less and actually get some sense of balance and sense going on? Offhand weapons that give you 3 free auras? 9 links for a small selection of builds? Massive buffs for already overpowered builds and mechanics while massive sections of under performing builds are left to rot? Whats up with the vol dead enchant? How does all this stuff make it into the game? where is your sense of direction? Who is taking care of the bigger picture over there and making sure stupid shit doesnt get added?

The dev team has been riding this game like they stole it for a bit too long now and I cant recall having less faith in what youre doing in terms of balance and hope for the game moving forward than I have now. For all the great things added in 2017 the game is a complete mess right now, youve totally lost control, so reckless, can we just stop charging forward in a drunk frenzy and actually take stock, do what can be done to actually get shit back in order again?

all the upset over the nerfs and you keep adding more and more shit that desperately needs nerfed and will surely come with massive upset from the player base. Its a terrible look and youve got a lot of terrible, unpopular work to do now if you want to make sense of your game again, people are going to get pissed off at you and its all your own fault for being so insanely careless with what youre adding to the game.

I think you lot need to sit down and ask yourselves if you still care about this game any more, cause youre asking us to care with our money to fund what youre doing.
you did an outstanding job with the 10 acts and the new mtx handling eventually brought some convenience to your supporters who otherwise didn't get much attention from you.

anyway, thanks for the amazing and free game, i don't really play other games since 2012. money well supported ;)
2017 was quite the year for PoE
Honestly , you did a very good job overall GGG , thank alot even if you can do better .

Happy new year 2018 all and GGG!!!
"
yaerwind wrote:
I found my first mirror in 2017 abyss league, awesome!

I never found a Mirror of Kalandra and i hope this year i will.
PoE 3.x is a junk unfortunately. It turns completely the game into a trash with the destruction of the Witches.
I sincerely thank you for another year of quality entertainment.
Last edited by Kostax on Jan 2, 2018, 3:51:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info