Why am I so pissed off at a car theft

"
Brinstar4 wrote:
Peak mental cuckoldry.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Where I live the cars are stolen and stripped (happened to us). People who want to use a car probably don't start by first removing the drive train. Just an educated guess. ROFL

OR they never see them again (more in the case of luxury or sports) because they end up far away on the black market.

"
ScroteMcB wrote:
Peak mental cuckoldry.

That. And clearly someone who has never had to work hard for things they wanted in their life.
Censored.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Brinstar4 wrote:
Peak mental cuckoldry.

Yeah, that's pretty freaking stupid lol
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
kolyaboo wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Peak mental cuckoldry.
That. And clearly someone who has never had to work hard for things they wanted in their life.
No, there's at least four types, of which your description covers at best two:
1) the people who coast through a rather easy life for whatever reason and feel guilty for being well-off without working. Take up charity as a means of penance.
2) the people who work hard and think the people who have very little work just as hard or harder. Usually gullible types who believe complainers complaining, but sometimes friends of the (actually) chronically ill.
3) the people who aren't fully in either of the above yet want to be accepted as members of either community in order to receive attention or acceptance. Virtue-signaling useful idiots.
4) the people who have no illusions and want to have group #3 popularize a movement that makes those in groups #1 and #2 to be ripe for the taking. Opportunist conspirators.

Generally, protocommunist memefarmers like this cartoonist fall into group #3 with a possible dash of #1. Somehow they develop an audience into this sort of thing, and feeding it is a low-resistance path to maintaining relevance, which can be potentially guilt-inducing if one is self-aware but does it anyway. (The #4 types generally prefer to remain quiet when possible and coat their grabs in a saccharine humility to shift attention elsewhere. No evidence of that here.)

There might even be more than these four types. How many ways are there to believe we don't (or shouldn't) live in a functional meritocracy?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 2, 2018, 2:23:34 AM
"Why am I so pissed off at a car theft"
just a though/question:
Are you one of those people who pirate software and/or steal stuff (anything. boxes on porches, cars, candy), in real life too (whether past or present)? And you always were like "So what. I don't care. not my problem. If it happened to me, I wouldn't care either. it's just a <thing>"?

but now it has happened you're realizing how it actually feels to have something taken or being victimized?
rawr. fear me.
The only thing I've learned from being a crime victim is that it's absolutely pointless getting an ulcer over it. Ok, it's also that divine justice tends to act way too slow to draw any satisfaction from it, we're usually not even talking about during your lifetime.

Got a good story about that, actually...
Some time during the WWII a commie partisan squad was marching the countryside, barely clothed, armed and fed, as was the norm at the time. As it happened, one of the members de la résistance got so hungry he ate a handful of withered apples he foraged alone instead of turning them in to the stores. Unfortunately, he was seen by one of his neighbors from the same village who promptly turned him in, as was his duty, so he got executed.
The unfortunate victim had a son and a wife which died shortly after the war, leaving the lad growing up near the man who caused the death of his father, a man he wasn't even supposed to hate for doing his duty. And so, the son died fairly young of heart failure and the neighbor lived to a ripe old age and died surrounded by many children and grandchildren.
However, by a strange twist of fate, within 20 years of that day, every single member of his line was either dead, dying or mad.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info