[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

Thank you for your answer. I am now in early maps with more gems set in place and clearly there is potential for good aoe clearing in the tower defense.

I come with a new question regarding leveling weapons.

First, Doomsower was redesigned in 3.8. It now does "Attack Skills gain 5% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage per Socketed Red Gem". It is not obvious that attack skills not socket within the weapon will befenit of the bonus. I tested it. The ingame tooltip of heavy strike does show additional fire damage in the main hand output as I add random red gems in Doomsower. But I learned to not trust the tooltip. Unfortunately, PoB does not calculate the bonus even if the attack skill is socketed in the weapon, so the program is of no help (most websites have not updated doomsower neither).

Would you trust the tooltip?

I also went on and took off all fire damage from my jewellery, and looked for burning effect on monsters hit by heavy strikes (not socketed in Doomsower). I almost saw no monster burning, but a few monster did. I'm still not sure if that was the properties of the monsters or ignite effect, as there were summoner with skeletons that were already burning when I found them. I need to test this in more than one map. I also have so small burning damage in the tooltip (200) that ignite might be triggered really rarely? But that would be the best experiment to do, right?

Second, provided that I have not taken the sword specific damage nodes (so I'm not lock with swords or two handed during leveling and I'm fairly tanky by taking all defensive nodes), would you recommend a different leveling weapon that would output significant more damage than Doomsower, still beeing in the price range of a few chaos?
Last edited by Rootsmann on Sep 11, 2019, 6:22:35 AM
"
Rootsmann wrote:
Thank you for your answer. I am now in early maps with more gems set in place and clearly there is potential for good aoe clearing in the tower defense.

I come with a new question regarding leveling weapons.

First, Doomsower was redesigned in 3.8. It now does "Attack Skills gain 5% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage per Socketed Red Gem". It is not obvious that attack skills not socket within the weapon will befenit of the bonus. I tested it. The ingame tooltip of heavy strike does show additional fire damage in the main hand output as I add random red gems in Doomsower. But I learned to not trust the tooltip. Unfortunately, PoB does not calculate the bonus even if the attack skill is socketed in the weapon, so the program is of no help (most websites have not updated doomsower neither).

Would you trust the tooltip?

I also went on and took off all fire damage from my jewellery, and looked for burning effect on monsters hit by heavy strikes (not socketed in Doomsower). I almost saw no monster burning, but a few monster did. I'm still not sure if that was the properties of the monsters or ignite effect, as there were summoner with skeletons that were already burning when I found them. I need to test this in more than one map. I also have so small burning damage in the tooltip (200) that ignite might be triggered really rarely? But that would be the best experiment to do, right?

Second, provided that I have not taken the sword specific damage nodes (so I'm not lock with swords or two handed during leveling and I'm fairly tanky by taking all defensive nodes), would you recommend a different leveling weapon that would output significant more damage than Doomsower, still beeing in the price range of a few chaos?

Oh i'm sorry i was sure i did update that part in 3.7, i think it got messed up when i had to roll back some bad formatting.

You can pretty much do 90% of endgame with a Terminus Est
. I will fix the OP
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Well in one of the section you do give an exemple of a really good DPS config with just a 1 chaos Terminus Est, so I figured this was just an exemple to say how good the build is once you are set (meaning the rest of the build is setup).

But you seem to say that you value a Terminus Est over a Kondo's or a Doomsower nowadays (leveling period or semi-dend game)? I should switch back then, even though the base dps of Terminus Est is lower than the two other swords?
Last edited by Rootsmann on Sep 11, 2019, 7:31:56 AM
"
Rootsmann wrote:
Well in one of the section you do give an exemple of a really good DPS config with just a 1 chaos Terminus Est, so I figured this was just an exemple to say how good the build is once you are set (meaning the rest of the build is setup).

But you seem to say that you value a Terminus Est over a Kondo's or a Doomsower nowadays (leveling period or semi-dend game)? I should switch back then, even though the base dps of Terminus Est is lower than the two other swords?

Terminus has lower base damage but is a good crit sword (~8% crit instead of 5%) and is pretty good at clearing maps because it gives frenzy charges. Doomsower is more for ele damage and kondo for bleed
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

Last edited by ZaeN on Sep 11, 2019, 7:53:49 AM
"
Terminus has lower base damage but is a good crit sword (~8% crit instead of 5%) and is pretty good at clearing maps because it gives frenzy charges. Doomsower is more for ele damage and kondo for bleed

The thing which is hard for me to judge is the fact I'll be getting 230 % increase damage with Ailments through the swords clusters over the next 20 levels, that have zero impact with Terminus Est, but will count for the other two swords.

Of course all these nodes bring many other offensives stats so the damage out put with Termius Est will still increase a lot. And as you said Terminus bring it's own Frenzy and crit advantages.

It's just really hard for me to balance all of this on the top of my head. So let me ask you this final question, and I'll stop harassing you with beginners questions (sorry :D thank you a lot for the discussion).

In your opinion, are the 230% increased damage with ailments lost with Terminus Est fairly compensated by the Frenzy charges and high base crit?

"
Rootsmann wrote:
"

The thing which is hard for me to judge is the fact I'll be getting 230 % increase damage with Ailments through the swords clusters over the next 20 levels, that have zero impact with Terminus Est, but will count for the other two swords.

Of course all these nodes bring many other offensives stats so the damage out put with Termius Est will still increase a lot. And as you said Terminus bring it's own Frenzy and crit advantages.

It's just really hard for me to balance all of this on the top of my head. So let me ask you this final question, and I'll stop harassing you with beginners questions (sorry :D thank you a lot for the discussion).

In your opinion, are the 230% increased damage with ailments lost with Terminus Est fairly compensated by the Frenzy charges and high base crit?

Short answer yes it's all compensated. To get a clear comparison the best way is to really play with Path of building, there you can easily switch swords and put/remove skill points or i.e. frenzy charges and it will show you many stats including average damage, final dps, crit chance, hit chance etc

Last edited by ZaeN on Sep 11, 2019, 8:39:31 AM
"
Short answer yes it's all compensated. To get a clear comparison the best way is to really play with Path of building, there you can easily switch swords and put/remove skill points and it will show you many stats

Thank you.

Yes you are right about PoB. I tried playing with it but currently it does not deal with the new stat of Doomsower (described a few comments ago) so I could not compare.

I'll go with Terminus Est for now! Enjoy the league.
"
ZaeN wrote:
"
lustar wrote:
Currently doing a variation of this build, axe+more endurance charges, currently in SSFHC lvl 83

you can take a look, I plan to pick a life nodes or trickery/assassination when I will have the oils and let go my current void allecation when I can craft mana leech.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lustar/characters

I got a starjonka 92 life but I need off colours I'm hesitating, also for the memes I looted an abyssus 49% damage taken at my first arcade map ...

I have no experience in ssfhc, but going mainly EC totally makes sense.

If going axes because of no easy starforge that has +100hp, then also a rare armor with +life ~2k armor and possible resists/extra stats is more viable.

I dont know about damage, but considering the big buffs done in legion it should be able to farm all tiers anyway, the only thing to worry about is to not roll extreme mods on maps

"
Plaza_ wrote:

Loved the build so far, died only for stupid things like not using flask, are these itens enough to get all content? just asking cause my pob damage and life is lower than yours(6k and 1.1mil dps), now i'm not sure if i'm calculating wrong or what, but so far no problems.

https://pastebin.com/7t9AmW0B

BTW: Reflect maps are a no go, got into a 2% one and it was insta death.

That's a LOVELY sword! :thumbsup:

About POB, what i've figured out so far is that all dmg multipliers have been covered except for Close Combat and max Pride

So you have to add 59% more damage to a flask to enable close combat. In your case close combat +2 levels does 61% to be precise

Another couple things:
- Helm is missing the HS enchant
- Abyssus is still the one that gives the top damage (and can be worn np with 90% phys mitigation)
- Multistrike is not a must have anymore, it does in fact reduce the base damage compared to another gem in the same slot. You can put Inc Crit for some nasty crit chance like 85%+, or Maim for a higher base damage
- With such buffed damage from Legion a single target setup is not really needed anymore, in fact Uber Elder is done with the AC setup because Elder portals are more problematic than the bosses themselves

- You can use Vaal Ancestral Warchief for a double totem
- If you 6 link the totem, you have TWO totems dealing 800k EACH

Here is a pob with 59% more dmg on the silver flask (you can edit to 79% for best conditions), with added Starkonja and Abyssus with HS enchants, with both HS single target and AC setups, 6L Vaal warchief.
https://pastebin.com/iAzwZNuW

HS single does realistically (not maxed pride) ~3mil, ~3.3mil in best conditions (+20% from maxed pride)

AC does realistically 1.6mil shaper dps single target
During clear (Droplist Is the enemy a boss: No) it is 1.8mil x 3 hits = 5.4mil on a pack

6L totem does ~800k, if you use Vaal warchief, that's double totems = 1.6mil from totems alone x)

All of this is by keeping in mind that this build was written way prior to Legion, it was going with a measle 1mil single target and like 400k AC, now that AC does 1.5mil+ it's become totally viable as all-round setup

Thanks !!! The sword was a hella of a craft, but worth it.

Followed what you said and got a huge dps boost, dont have 6k life anymore, but i guess is just dodge the one-shots.

Great build, loved it !!!
A question to everybody who is investing themselves in the buil: what are the best/cool anointment you have in sight?

I still have work to do but I think these two are really interesting:

static blows
20% increased Shock Duration on Enemies
30% increased Effect of Shock
30% increased Damage if you have Shocked an Enemy Recently
40% increased Critical Strike Chance against Shocked Enemies

Tribal Fury
12% increased Melee Damage
Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy
So what was the order of the weapons?
Do we still need to use the Kondo pride ezomyte an doomsower? and in what order?
Last edited by AquariusLord on Sep 13, 2019, 10:11:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info