[3.1] Ele Crit Blade Flurry - Dedicated Uber Lab Farmer - 350% Movespeed! End Game Viable!

"
KatKira wrote:
This build has been the worst experience I ever had in leveling. I don't know I am doing wrong.

How are you trying to level? I did not level as Blade Flurry at all. I leveled as Frost Blades/Molten strike and found leveling to be pretty painless. Quickly farmed to level 70 in Act 9 and then swapped over to my muled Blade Flurry gems. If you are leveling as Blade Flurry, you wouldn't be the first person to feel the leveling of this build was rough.

Edit: I took a very quick glance at what I think is your build (KatUberLabFarmer) and here is some quick feedback on your gem links.

You have no Wrath or Arctic Armour/Herald of Ice setup but are instead running blasphemy Warlord's Mark and Herald of Ash. (I run Wrath and Herald of Ice in mapping because I find it helps my clear. For bosses such as Izaro, Wrath and Arctic Armour is the better combination.)

Your CWDT setup doesn't yet have increased duration on it which may or may not matter depending on where you are running into trouble. Additionally, Blood Rage might be giving you issues early on because this build has low regen and the degen from Blood Rage can hurt if you aren't clearing mobs at a steady rate. Jelbishi had suggested I drop it for my end game mapping setup I am working on.

You will want to drop Ancestral Warchief and pick up Ancestral Protector. Warchief slows down your attack speed and that is one of the things we are trying to scale via Blood Rage, Ice Golem, etc. Whereas Ancestral Protector gives you an attack speed buff while active.

Lastly, you could also test out dropping your Quicksilver and gaining additional phys damage reduction through Granite or Basalt flask depending on which one would give you more damage reduction. It would be up to you whether you felt the lost movement speed while leveling was worth the additional damage reduction.

You may have other gearing issues but I did not have time to scrutinize.
Last edited by UnseenSpectacle on Jan 7, 2018, 3:03:27 PM
"
"
KatKira wrote:
This build has been the worst experience I ever had in leveling. I don't know I am doing wrong.

How are you trying to level? I did not level as Blade Flurry at all. I leveled as Frost Blades/Molten strike and found leveling to be pretty painless. Quickly farmed to level 70 in Act 9 and then swapped over to my muled Blade Flurry gems. If you are leveling as Blade Flurry, you wouldn't be the first person to feel the leveling of this build was rough.

Edit: I took a very quick glance at what I think is your build (KatUberLabFarmer) and here is some quick feedback on your gem links.

You have no Wrath or Arctic Armour/Herald of Ice setup but are instead running blasphemy Warlord's Mark and Herald of Ash. (I run Wrath and Herald of Ice in mapping because I find it helps my clear. For bosses such as Izaro, Wrath and Arctic Armour is the better combination.)

Your CWDT setup doesn't yet have increased duration on it which may or may not matter depending on where you are running into trouble. Additionally, Blood Rage might be giving you issues early on because this build has low regen and the degen from Blood Rage can hurt if you aren't clearing mobs at a steady rate. Jelbishi had suggested I drop it for my end game mapping setup I am working on.

You will want to drop Ancestral Warchief and pick up Ancestral Protector. Warchief slows down your attack speed and that is one of the things we are trying to scale via Blood Rage, Ice Golem, etc. Whereas Ancestral Protector gives you an attack speed buff while active.

Lastly, you could also test out dropping your Quicksilver and gaining additional phys damage reduction through Granite or Basalt flask depending on which one would give you more damage reduction. It would be up to you whether you felt the lost movement speed while leveling was worth the additional damage reduction.

You may have other gearing issues but I did not have time to scrutinize.

Thx.

I have all the required pieces of gear, linked (well qotf is 5l) and chromed. Waiting on levels.

I am using frost blades currently and was using molten strike. I am farming canals to get to 70 and equip everything and do merc lab before kitava.

I had protector on, but switched it cause the clearing dmg was so bad.

My cwdt setup is a "quick" one I put in right now because the heralds were destroying me. Warlords mark because I have huge mana and leech in general issues.

Look, I know this build cannot map, I was aware of that, but damn even with frost blades and molten strike I had a lot of survivability issues.

Who knows, maybe I am just not used to evasion builds.
"
KatKira wrote:

Thx.

I have all the required pieces of gear, linked (well qotf is 5l) and chromed. Waiting on levels.

I am using frost blades currently and was using molten strike. I am farming canals to get to 70 and equip everything and do merc lab before kitava.

My cwdt setup is a "quick" one I put in right now because the heralds were destroying me. Warlords mark because I have huge mana and leech in general issues.

Look, I know this build cannot map, I was aware of that, but damn even with frost blades and molten strike I had a lot of survivability issues.

I went ahead and imported your build into Path of Building and the current Frost Blades 5L on the build is not optimal and is probably the root of your issues. Unfortunately, it is a bit late to try and fix that because you are only 5 levels away from 70. I would swap to Blade Flurry with the recommended 5L.

Swap increased AOE instead of Conc. Effect while mapping for better clear.

I farmed Blood Aqueduct in Act 9 to get level 70 because its a very linear layout with way point and town to zone reset on each end. So even though I ran into some XP loss at the end, I could run the zone so fast that it was still more than worth it. You might consider trying that since the monsters will be lower level and should clear faster. Even then, Molten strike was needed to burst down the rare monsters because Frost Blades was starting to feel weak by then. Some time I will have to go back and try to relevel this character as though it were a league start.

As long as you are being efficient, you shouldn't really be running into mana leech issues once you have the mana leech node. I can see where you are running into issues with life leech on your current setup and what you are feeling. Running another life flask should help mitigate that somewhat but that is definitely the core trouble spot. Getting that resolved will make the build feel much better.

Once properly equipped, this build actually maps reasonably well. I have cleared red Elder/Guardians, maps through T15, and both Liches on my way to level 94. Basically I have spent 99% of my time on this character playing it in maps and not in labyrinth as was intended. I am using a slightly older version of the build that isn't as fine tuned for lab though.

Edit: I am looking at how I am getting leech through my build right now and I am picking up additional physical attack damage leech on my gloves and amulet. But it probably could be scaled back a bit because I am 50% over my life leech cap when I release 6 stages of Blade Flurry and am at 50% of cap at 1st stage. Your biggest issue is that you are only achieving about 10-13% of your life leech cap and that is why you are feeling so weak. I can see why you felt the need to try blasphemy Warlord's Mark to get additional leech. I don't have much more time right now but hopefully someone else might be able to provide you some guidance on how to fix that. I'll try to follow up if I have more time later and it isn't answered.
Last edited by UnseenSpectacle on Jan 7, 2018, 5:01:54 PM
Would someone mind checking out my char? I just respecced at 88 and plan on trying to uber tomorrow.
Great build, started Ubering @ 85 no issues so far. For leveling Curse on Hit + Herald of Ice + Assassin's Mark helps a lot.

"
"
KatKira wrote:

Thx.

I went ahead and imported your build into Path of Building and the current Frost Blades 5L on the build is not optimal and is probably the root of your issues. Unfortunately, it is a bit late to try and fix that because you are only 5 levels away from 70. I would swap to Blade Flurry with the recommended 5L.

Swap increased AOE instead of Conc. Effect while mapping for better clear.

I farmed Blood Aqueduct in Act 9 to get level 70 because its a very linear layout with way point and town to zone reset on each end. So even though I ran into some XP loss at the end, I could run the zone so fast that it was still more than worth it. You might consider trying that since the monsters will be lower level and should clear faster. Even then, Molten strike was needed to burst down the rare monsters because Frost Blades was starting to feel weak by then. Some time I will have to go back and try to relevel this character as though it were a league start.

As long as you are being efficient, you shouldn't really be running into mana leech issues once you have the mana leech node. I can see where you are running into issues with life leech on your current setup and what you are feeling. Running another life flask should help mitigate that somewhat but that is definitely the core trouble spot. Getting that resolved will make the build feel much better.

Once properly equipped, this build actually maps reasonably well. I have cleared red Elder/Guardians, maps through T15, and both Liches on my way to level 94. Basically I have spent 99% of my time on this character playing it in maps and not in labyrinth as was intended. I am using a slightly older version of the build that isn't as fine tuned for lab though.

Edit: I am looking at how I am getting leech through my build right now and I am picking up additional physical attack damage leech on my gloves and amulet. But it probably could be scaled back a bit because I am 50% over my life leech cap when I release 6 stages of Blade Flurry and am at 50% of cap at 1st stage. Your biggest issue is that you are only achieving about 10-13% of your life leech cap and that is why you are feeling so weak. I can see why you felt the need to try blasphemy Warlord's Mark to get additional leech. I don't have much more time right now but hopefully someone else might be able to provide you some guidance on how to fix that. I'll try to follow up if I have more time later and it isn't answered.

I see. I will do just that, thx.

One last question. I really can't 4b my devoto's. The best I managed to do is 3b-1g. How much of a dps loss do you think it'd be to change wrath with hatred?
Last edited by KatKira on Jan 8, 2018, 4:40:27 AM
"
KatKira wrote:

I see. I will do just that, thx.

One last question. I really can't 4b my devoto's. The best I managed to do is 3b-1g. How much of a dps loss do you think it'd be to change wrath with hatred?

Switching to Hatred causes a 5% DPS hit for me versus using Wrath.

I assume you are trying to Vorici craft your helmet with Jewelers Orbs as that is the only economical way to get 4B on Devoto's. Getting the 4th socket can sometimes be difficult. I normally make sure I have 200+ jewelers and then take 10 attempts at a time.
Well, it was very slow, but I did my first uber lab. Not many good drops, but was fun. Will take some getting used to. Are there any good guides for running the lab?
"
mronita44 wrote:
Would someone mind checking out my char? I just respecced at 88 and plan on trying to uber tomorrow.

I took a quick look at your character and here are a few thoughts I had.

You took a 3rd Jewel node near assassin start but took it via the dex side. This build is never hurting for dexterity. If you wanted the 3rd jewel socket, I'd take the same socket from the int side to free up your int a bit or take the jewel socket below Scion start with the travel nodes that give you additional elemental resistance. Either of those paths would be better quality of life adjustments and give you some freedom in future gear choices than the current choice.

Your jewel choices are very defensive. I tried to add as many 3-4 line elemental damage jewels I could. You have 3 jewels with life with only one 3 line damage jewel. Life is never a bad thing but it might be a bit overkill and is costing you damage.

Why are you running 2 Stibnite and 2 Jade flasks? We are constantly using our flasks and having 2 of each lowers the amount of utility you get from your flasks. I would try to get a diamond flask into your setup as it will give you a nice damage boost. I would also look at picking up the Quicksilver. If you don't want absolute speed of a Quicksilver, roll a Basalt or Granite for damage reduction. Basalt gives a bit more damage reduction but I find Granite is not that much worse and has a usage pattern much closer to our other flasks. This is the one spot in your build that you definitely should get sorted.

I would also try to roll Seething Life Flask of Staunching but your current will work in a pinch. The important part of Seething is the instant heal more than the amount healed. 1.7 seconds may seem like a quick heal but you may not be able to recover from multiple damage spikes in quick succession the same way a Seething flask can.

Something that I always do is look to upgrade jewelry and jewels if you spot a deal. Along with that, keep an eye out for belts. In your current build, your belt could also use more life and would be better off as a strong +80-90 life belt with two strong +35-45 Res rolls rather than mediocre life with a weak third roll. This would help you move away from the defensive life jewels in the future while maintaining similar life.

Longer term I would look at the following things to do. Upgrade your Queen of the Forest. If you eventually go for a 6 link look to get high evasion rolls and good life on it. I always like to minimize the built in movement speed penalty and more evasion gives our Dreamfeathers a bit more damage. The Atziri's Step boots should be upgraded to +74/+75 life at some point. They are dirt cheap and will only get cheaper as league goes on. Lastly, look at upgrading your weak Dreamfeather in your killing setup. I normally like 250+ DPS to start and you can definitely snag a pretty decent one for under 5c or under if you are patient and alert.

Please don't think I am criticizing your build because it is actually in a pretty good spot for starting out.

"
mronita44 wrote:
Well, it was very slow, but I did my first uber lab. Not many good drops, but was fun. Will take some getting used to. Are there any good guides for running the lab?

I am Glad to hear it was successful. It takes some time to get used to lab. The main thing is memorizing zone layouts and trap setups. That is only something you can do with practice. www.poelab.com is what I use to have the general layout next to me and when I need switch puzzle solutions when doing full clears. You'll get better and faster with practice.
Last edited by UnseenSpectacle on Jan 9, 2018, 3:38:48 AM
"
mronita44 wrote:

I literally got a Volatile Dead + 1 corpses on a starkonja on my second uber with this char.

I guess the build payed for itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info