[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

"
McPumpkin wrote:
Thank you for all the work you've put into this. Having an absolute blast with the build!

I have a few questions though, since I've just now seen the new PoB compared to the one I found a week or so ago: You've changed off of Herald of Ice in the Scion No-Acuity version, as well as dropped Power Charge on Critical in favor of GMP for Frenzy. May I ask why you've made both of these changes? I can assume we don't need the Herald shatter for more trash clearing since this build melts everything, but was GMP a swap for mapping while Power charges could be used on bosses perhaps? I feel like I'm answering my own questions but it's nice to get confirmation from those who know better.

Also curious about the change from Atziri's Promise to Wise Oak, wouldn't using both be fairly strong?

Sorry for the bad questions, but just some thoughts I had while going over the differences. Thanks!

Herald of Ice is mainly to shatter mobs but it's possible to get flat cold on rings and abyssal jewels now so it's better to get it there if possible. The PoB link should have that on there, if not I made a mistake.

Scion Assassin get power charge from ascendancy for clearing. If you do mainly boss killing I would still use power charge on crit in frenzy links. Having 3 power charges up is nice but not really needed.

As scion the Wise Oak is very important for elemental pen, you can use Atziri's too just make sure you have a way to remove bleed and freeze. I like to have curse immunity too while mapping but swapping flasks makes it easy.
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
"
Possu81 wrote:

1) How do u deal with stuns?

2) Any thoughts about my gloves (Oskarm)? I think the biggest upside is to generate easy dual curse setup. Also Accuracy might be needed a little bit (?).

3) Do u think +40% VD damage is a reasonable enchant or is +1 necessary? haven't tried how does it feel like.

4) I have tried to put points into Power Charges. Is this plainly wrong? They are insanely to produce with the build.

5) I noticed there is a shaped amulet mod that leech fire damage. I feel it might be pretty strong addition.

6) Your thoughts on chosing inquisitor instead of assassin? I lose crit chance mostly. Get elemental damage instead. Desecrated ground isn't a huge deal with such mobile build I guess. Might be a lot better without bodyswap insanity. Have u considered this or is Assassin just better?

With a high life pool stuns isn't a very big issue.

Oskarm gloves are nice but I prefer high atk speed and resists or acuity.

The +1 enchant is one of the best upgrades you can get.

I wouldn't put points in power charges unless you are really low on crit. Try to get 40% crit and a diamond flask.

The shaper amulet with fire leech is very good, can be an alternative to ele pen amulet if you can find one with a reasonable price.

You can go inquisitor for sure but then you probably have to run increased crit linked to volatile dead instead of ele focus on bosses.
@RickJamesWitch

"
McPumpkin wrote:
Since we're running Assassin shouldn't we switch from Assassin's Mark to Warlord's Mark?

Yes
@RickJamesWitch

"
chaospunx wrote:
Hey!
What would be better ascendancy for this build if i want to go full mf?
Goldwyrm, sadimas, bisco, 2x ventors. maybe even perandus blazon as a belt.

have
?, so i can afford templar too.

My thoughts scion is easier to gear (maybe even using Pure Talent jewel, cause i can get 4 starts and all of them helpful) and tankier due to slayer + wp but i doubt its gonna get enough damage to breeze through fully sextanted shaped vaults (so cause i didn't get damages of my gear). Templar just should do more damage

Also, i consider using cotf + grace as a scion, cause it synergies with my version of jewel and go full zoom zoom

This sounds fun and I'm sure you can make it work with some investment. Ofc you will lose damage going MF but it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I think with qotf and lots of MF gear you have to be a bit careful with abyssal rares or get 1shot every now and then. Basalt and end charges from warlords should help
@RickJamesWitch

"
Besovskii wrote:
"
adddemon wrote:
how is your path of building build doing 2 million dps? where is all of that coming from? im very confused, i do like 9k

check weapon 2 in PoB
this beast have some modification

how do i add that modification to my weapon so i can compare easier?
"
adddemon wrote:
"
Besovskii wrote:
"
adddemon wrote:
how is your path of building build doing 2 million dps? where is all of that coming from? im very confused, i do like 9k

check weapon 2 in PoB
this beast have some modification

how do i add that modification to my weapon so i can compare easier?

edit one weapon and add "200% more damage" if you don't have lab enchant.
if you have lab enchant add "300% more damage".

then add your attacks per second capped by your poets pen cooldown.
so "290% more damage" if you have 3.9 attacks per second and no cooldown gear.
or "390% more damage" if you have 4.9 attacks per second and cooldown gear.

then you look at the average damage of volatile dead, that will tell you your true dps.

@RickJamesWitch

"
McPumpkin wrote:
Since we're running Assassin shouldn't we switch from Assassin's Mark to Warlord's Mark?

Yes I would recommend that. Frenzy + GMP + Curse on hit + Warlords.

Or get a shaper ring with warlords on hit and use Frenzy + GMP + Faster Attacks + Power charge on Crit.

Just make sure you balance your attack speed.
@RickJamesWitch

This is my char right now, but I'm confused with the optimized gems to use, can you help me? I saw that you recommended warlord's mark instead of assassin's, PCOC, and now I don't know what to use.
Finally got a Watchers Eye with life leech.

But uh, question: is there any reason to not quality your Volatile Dead? OP's is 20/0.

What EXACTLY is the min CDR we want between belt and boots? I'd hate to spend exalts on CDR that doesn't even meet the threshold.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 1, 2018, 1:55:59 AM
"
Krabbsatan wrote:
"
McPumpkin wrote:

Yes I would recommend that. Frenzy + GMP + Curse on hit + Warlords.

Or get a shaper ring with warlords on hit and use Frenzy + GMP + Faster Attacks + Power charge on Crit.

Just make sure you balance your attack speed.

You still think Scion better than Inquisitor?
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info