[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

I have one question .... isnt anything above 4.0 APS waste since poets pen has 250ms internal CD? So if you have lets say 3,999999 APS, you will cast socketed spells 4 times in a second, but if is your attack speed higher, u wasting attacks.
"

I have one question .... isnt anything above 4.0 APS waste since poets pen has 250ms internal CD? So if you have lets say 3,999999 APS, you will cast socketed spells 4 times in a second, but if is your attack speed higher, u wasting attacks.

He has two shaped items which reduce that CD to 200 MS meaning you can take advantage of Attack speed of up to 4.9

REQUEST: I see you mention a wise oak, would you possibly add a flasks section to cover flasks being used and recommended budget flasks etc? Also you mention shaper amulet for Elemental pen a little more info on that would be great as I am trying to figure out my ele pen now I have hit maps.
Hi!
Advise that the Pantheon?
I love this build and have taken it up to 90, only differences really are I use body swap for mapping because I find the play style to be extremely fun! A question though, in PoB I get higher numbers linking VD to conc and ele focus instead of inc crit strikes. Is there a reason for this or just a different in builds?

edit: Got the red elder down today with portals remaining and hit 90! thanks again!
Last edited by FinnaDieFam on Dec 27, 2017, 6:55:22 PM
So you just swith VD for body swap with which two supports?

any other tweaks? I may try this variant out tomorrow :)
Last edited by Movian on Dec 27, 2017, 9:22:18 PM
Thank you for all the work you've put into this. Having an absolute blast with the build!

I have a few questions though, since I've just now seen the new PoB compared to the one I found a week or so ago: You've changed off of Herald of Ice in the Scion No-Acuity version, as well as dropped Power Charge on Critical in favor of GMP for Frenzy. May I ask why you've made both of these changes? I can assume we don't need the Herald shatter for more trash clearing since this build melts everything, but was GMP a swap for mapping while Power charges could be used on bosses perhaps? I feel like I'm answering my own questions but it's nice to get confirmation from those who know better.

Also curious about the change from Atziri's Promise to Wise Oak, wouldn't using both be fairly strong?

Sorry for the bad questions, but just some thoughts I had while going over the differences. Thanks!
Last edited by McPumpkin on Dec 27, 2017, 10:03:28 PM
I have played this build now few days in the meantime on HC. Never played such a godly clear speed build on hc!
I'm looking to get two setups (total four pens) or get rid of bodyswap. It's killer in easy content tho and insanely fun sometimes.
My concern is can the character be efficient boss killer since I have decided to run MoM and essence worm Anger which of course lowers my damage a lot. Next nodes are probably more life.

Would be helpful if u could check my character and give feedback how to 'shape' it that I could go maybe to red maps one day? Currently I have 5.9k life and with little bit tuning I can go to 6.5k but will take time to get 8k. I ran a long time Kaom's Roots. They were fine with bodyswap but in the end I lack too much stats and resistances.
Warlord's mark made character a lot tankier. Character is struggling with dexterity. Finding a nice dex today helped a lot!

1) How do u deal with stuns?

2) Any thoughts about my gloves (Oskarm)? I think the biggest upside is to generate easy dual curse setup. Also Accuracy might be needed a little bit (?).

3) Do u think +40% VD damage is a reasonable enchant or is +1 necessary? haven't tried how does it feel like.

4) I have tried to put points into Power Charges. Is this plainly wrong? They are insanely to produce with the build.

5) I noticed there is a shaped amulet mod that leech fire damage. I feel it might be pretty strong addition.

6) Your thoughts on chosing inquisitor instead of assassin? I lose crit chance mostly. Get elemental damage instead. Desecrated ground isn't a huge deal with such mobile build I guess. Might be a lot better without bodyswap insanity. Have u considered this or is Assassin just better?
Last edited by Possu81 on Dec 27, 2017, 11:15:41 PM
Anyone uses the Eye of innocence + Mokou's Embrace set-up? Is it noticeable better than the warlord coc set up?
"
gelade11 wrote:
Anyone uses the Eye of innocence + Mokou's Embrace set-up? Is it noticeable better than the warlord coc set up?

I'd invest in a WM curse on hit ring instead of using links
I dont know why but it seems impossible for me just to get 5k life without Koam's

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info