[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

Scion slayer+elem for 100% reflect immune seems really good. Have you done any more theory crafting on the build this league? Would be interested to see your thoughts :)
I am doing a slayer - jugg version of the build right now. The bonuses from jugg are a great for it:
No stuns, no chills and a passive generation of endurance charges.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
I'm planning to do slayer + elementalist too for the reflect immune and the damage from it seems really good as well.

okay what you guys think of this set up

herald of ice, herald of thunder, anger, reduced mana 4L

cwdt, curse on hit, curse (warlord), ball lightning/firestorm/blade fall/ glacial cascade/spell 4L

cwdt, immortal call, increased duration, golem 4L

frenzy, greater multiple projectile, faster attack, ppoc, added fire, increased critical 6L

2x golem 100% uptime
3 auras
99% immortal call uptime.
auto curse.
100% reflect immune.
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Mar 7, 2018, 1:35:16 PM
My tree is a hot mess right now as I do not have currency to respec. I started following the 3.2 guide and later realizing that it was for an acuity build. Once I have currency to respec it should be pretty cool. I am terrible at DIY builds though lol.

I am using herald of ash right now and it is working pretty well, but I have not changed from Inq to Elem.

I am up to t7 maps with no issues as all, the screen just gets destroyed with a few autoattacks.

If anyone is good at builds a poe pastebin would be welcome :)

"
I'm planning to do slayer + elementalist too for the reflect immune and the damage from it seems really good as well.

okay what you guys think of this set up

herald of ice, herald of thunder, anger, reduced mana 4L

cwdt, curse on hit, curse (warlord), ball lightning/firestorm/blade fall/spell 4L

cwdt, immortal call, increased duration, golem 4L

frenzy, greater multiple projectile, faster attack, ppoc, added fire, increased critical 6L

2x golem 100% uptime
3 auras
99% immortal call uptime.
auto curse.
100% reflect immune.

This seems pretty good, I checked the damage in PoB switching from inq to elem and its really not much different. Also not taking into account the extra golem. What chest are you going to use for the extra sockets since Kaom's is out?
"
Defib wrote:

This seems pretty good, I checked the damage in PoB switching from inq to elem and its really not much different. Also not taking into account the extra golem. What chest are you going to use for the extra sockets since Kaom's is out?

I'm using a generic yellow with life and resists. If you can afford it and want to recolor, you can try beast. I believe beast gives us the most amount of life.

Or you can go cheap and get a 4L or 5L beast. You only really need frenzy and maybe faster attack to reach 4aps. The rest is just extra like greater multiple projectiles and added fire damage. Very minimal and useless. ppoc and increased critical is helpful though cuz ppoc from unearth is pretty garbage.

So Beast of the Belly = BiS imo or if you're poor like, generic yellow with high life and resists.

I actually have a 5L beast lying somewhere, I think I might switch my yellow 6L to a 5L beast for more life.

EDIT: Yup found my Beast. It's 5L BBGGR with an unlinked 6th red socket. I'm gonna go

frenzy g
faster attack g
ppoc b
added fire r
increased critical b

The extra red gem will probably be fire golem so I can pre cast 2 level 20 golems. #WINNING!

EDIT 2: You try and put on a windscream for 10-20% elemental damage and an additional curse if you feel like you're tough enough but need more dps.
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Mar 7, 2018, 2:32:53 PM
I know OP went with elemental damage at the end. I'm thinking of going with Heart of Flame instead of those elemental damage nodes. It will be 69% fire damage + 3 fire pen vs 56% elemental damage. Since the bulk of our damage is fire I would think 69% fire is better than 56% elemental damage. Can anyone confirm?
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Mar 7, 2018, 3:20:52 PM
Absolutely flying through leveling. Since we get Culling from the slayer node, shouldn't another skill go in that spot with Unearth?

I have been running around with Bodyswap, as it basically auto teleports me along as I vastly out-dps the areas I'm in, but it's horrid for bosses. Do you think magma orb there would be useful dps?
"
ImSlower wrote:
Absolutely flying through leveling. Since we get Culling from the slayer node, shouldn't another skill go in that spot with Unearth?

I have been running around with Bodyswap, as it basically auto teleports me along as I vastly out-dps the areas I'm in, but it's horrid for bosses. Do you think magma orb there would be useful dps?

You'd want another support gem. Active gem halves your DPS.

You can put empower, ppoc, added fire, just about any support gem you can think of. But not another active spell.

And yes, no more culling gem.
Last edited by BiggestNoobEver on Mar 7, 2018, 4:38:10 PM
I'm going to try this without the Slayer and see how it feels going Inq/Ele... I may respec back into Slayer/VP though if my survival is too low.

I tried Slayer/Ass last time, and it was kinda awesome.

One new spin I'm putting on this, is tossing some serious golems in the mix. Using a 5 or 6 link golem chest and an anima stone to get 4 super powerful golems. Eats into your gems slots, but there is just fire everywhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info