[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

"
FinnaDieFam wrote:
"
Xanthochroid wrote:

Here's the actual spell rotations:

Volatile Dead and Unearth(5 Corpses Placed) (VD doesn't go off, no corpses yet, normal)
Cooldown Period (Currently 5 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Cremation(4 Corpses used for VD, 1 corpse used for Cremation)
Cooldown Period (Currently 0 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Unearth (VD doesn't activate due to no corpses, 5 corpses placed by Unearth)
Cooldown Period(Currently 0 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Unearth (VD doesn't activate due to no corpses, 5 corpses placed)

Easiest way to explain is that since Volatile is by its lonesome in Pen 1, it activates every attack, but corpses are only being generated every other attack because the Unearth is alternating with Cremation.

You would need 10 APS rathern than 5 to get the same rate of volatile spawns, or only Unearth in spell 2 to avoid spell alternation.

Ah I see what you're saying, is there a better support for unearth then? I've taken to projectile speed for now for the slight extra damage and speed on the unearths

I mainly use Culling Strike, but you could also use Empower. Empower will increase the level of the corpses generated, which will be a boost to the corpse explosion part of your Volatile Dead.
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
"
FinnaDieFam wrote:
"
Xanthochroid wrote:

Here's the actual spell rotations:

Volatile Dead and Unearth(5 Corpses Placed) (VD doesn't go off, no corpses yet, normal)
Cooldown Period (Currently 0 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Unearth (VD doesn't activate due to no corpses, 5 corpses placed by Unearth)
Cooldown Period(Currently 0 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Unearth (VD doesn't activate due to no corpses, 5 corpses placed)

Easiest way to explain is that since Volatile is by its lonesome in Pen 1, it activates every attack, but corpses are only being generated every other attack because the Unearth is alternating with Cremation.

You would need 10 APS rathern than 5 to get the same rate of volatile spawns, or only Unearth in spell 2 to avoid spell alternation.

Ah I see what you're saying, is there a better support for unearth then? I've taken to projectile speed for now for the slight extra damage and speed on the unearths

I mainly use Culling Strike, but you could also use Empower. Empower will increase the level of the corpses generated, which will be a boost to the corpse explosion part of your Volatile Dead.

I think that empower is probably the best rout since I've got a culling pen, thanks for the help!
Hey guys. I made some tests with necromancer and it feels significantly more tanky thanks to Mistress of Sacrifice + spirit offering + cwdt (and other cwdt setup with a low level unearth+gmp+lmp). Spirit offering also helps a bit with the damage because it give extra chaos damage to Unearth.
Probably the dps is not as good, but feels more than enough for me.
Hi.

Currently following this build, and i like it.
Having hard time finding :

Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel with both penetrate and life gain using anger skill.

Example:
1.29% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life while affected by Anger
Damage Penetrates 13% Fire Resistance while affected by Anger

If any1 have a spare or wanna sell Pm me :=)

Found 1.
Last edited by Mogwaii on Feb 21, 2018, 1:15:39 PM
Ascendant changes just got posted, is Slayer/Assassin still the way to go? I was looking at this build for 3.2, but I don't really have any scion experience previous to this. Slayer keeps overleech, gains culling strike, buff to non-rare/unique damage, nerf to unique damage, and culling strike baseline. Assassin gets a 33% nerf to crit strike chance and no crit multiplier, power charge generation that works on bossing, decent move speed buff, and a meaningless poison on hit. Reflection immunity on crits seems good, but I doubt is enough to do elemental reflect maps on its own. Elementalist seems to me like it could be a decent alternative but I don't really know. Assuming Slayer is your first subclass, you could free up culling strike support, and run Arc (or something like that) plus Herald of Ice and easily incorporate Elemental Equilibrium.
Last edited by il_douchey on Feb 27, 2018, 8:43:05 PM
How important are area nodes for this build?
"
il_douchey wrote:
Ascendant changes just got posted, is Slayer/Assassin still the way to go? I was looking at this build for 3.2, but I don't really have any scion experience previous to this. Slayer keeps overleech, gains culling strike, buff to non-rare/unique damage, nerf to unique damage, and culling strike baseline. Assassin gets a 33% nerf to crit strike chance and no crit multiplier, power charge generation that works on bossing, decent move speed buff, and a meaningless poison on hit. Reflection immunity on crits seems good, but I doubt is enough to do elemental reflect maps on its own. Elementalist seems to me like it could be a decent alternative but I don't really know. Assuming Slayer is your first subclass, you could free up culling strike support, and run Arc (or something like that) plus Herald of Ice and easily incorporate Elemental Equilibrium.

Wait for patchnotes, there might be some leech changes
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
Why no elemental equilibrium?
"
il_douchey wrote:

New tree in original post for 3.2. Swapped to inquis since it's more damage and some extra regen. Build got buffed overall. Althought shaper stygian is no longer possible. Very surprised to see no nerf to poet's pen.

Can obviously do scion elementalist instead of inquis for the reflect immune but unearth will still kill you so it's kinda meh having to swap between lvl 1 and lvl 20 unearth depending on map.

Instead of culling strike run faster projectiles / blind / pcoc / empower
@RickJamesWitch

Last edited by Krabbsatan on Mar 1, 2018, 5:56:06 PM
"
LeFizz wrote:
Why no elemental equilibrium?

Read the FAQ
@RickJamesWitch

Report Forum Post

Report Account: