poet's pen is ridiculous

IMHO you shouldn't be able to dual wield "pens", it's thematically off.
I think they should restrict the bonuses and the trigger to "while in main hand".
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Eh, for now I'll watch for changes to poet's pen and VD. Until then, I'm done with PoE.

:D

Guys, can you imagine if that guy is going to try another combos and builds which makes leveling much faster, fun and smoother/better or PvP builds overall?

I think his head is going to blow.

Well instead of my head exploding and/or quitting POE due to the still ridiculous lazy spamfest that is poet's pen and vd, a few of us started a uniques only lld group banning vd and pen as well as some other things. Check out the uniques only lld thread if you are interested.

If you can't beat em, f$ck em.
Last edited by theworldisnoteforevery1 on Mar 21, 2018, 12:14:21 AM
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
I don't even use a Poet's Pen but it looks cool and don't see why it should get nerfed. If anything GGG needs to introduce more OP/fun items.

I don't even know what to say...
Like, legit, my nose started bleeding from this. [Removed by Support]

"
Nishrek wrote:

In PoE, PvP is utter mess. Because there are no rules, nor any will to balance it accordingly, if at all.
Chris tried it out, realized there's little player retention, then scrapped and forgot it. BTW it's a two sided edge - retention was low because the balance was horrible (besides low lvl dueling, there were efforts).
There's no desire to make it work, not that it can't be made working.

It's a mess because GGG focused on the wrong aspect of PVP; Greendude was dumb and told them to focus on LLD, which is the dumbest fucking idea of all time. Players weren't interested in that because it made no sense, which is why there's not as many players (aside from myself, the PVPresident, and my underlings) who are mainly dedicated to PVP- rather, not as many as there COULD be, at least. Problem is, we TELL the developers what's wrong and how to fix it, and they either don't listen, or just sit there. It's a fairly big team now, you'd think a least a few people could get shit done...

What it all comes down to is that things are all too high, the damage and the defense. It was often a question we had amongst ourselves; would PVP be fun if all players basically had mirrored gear? The answer is no; everybody getting one-shot is not fun. If the damage isn't high enough, then there's unkillable builds. But if defenses aren't too high, then yeah, one-shot fest. This all extends to PVE as well, hence the balance mess.

btw props to you for having a rather level-headed view towards PVP in PoE- all we usually see is the typical ultra-casual "hurr hurr there's PVP in this game?" response, as if nobody has ever said that before.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Last edited by Ben_GGG on Mar 21, 2018, 1:00:59 AM
wtf? this item is obviously broken af.

Old trigger items: all items had to at least HIT with, cospri you gotta crit with it, and it cast socketed gems on hit.

With this if you dual wield you cast a PAIR of skills on ATTACK. Not even like dual wielding you gotta alternate weapons to attack with, and the attacking one triggers, nope they just both go off if you fire into the air, and it gets +3 gem level for 99% of your characters existence too.

Comparatively, you can't even like pre-cast or offscreen kite very reliably with the melee stuff that needs hit (yes lightning strike is a thing but not nearly as reliable), and they all have much higher entry fee (crit, attributes).

Base attack speed is also higher letting you way more easily hit 'cap' rate

pretty much it's only downside is fact that it's wand and can't shield charge.

Without even need for mention of pvp, this item is clearly in another level compared old stuff that was already nerfed where their pre-nerf versions were not as broken as this.

It does look pretty fun though, but what OP stuff isn't.
"
Problem is, we TELL the developers what's wrong and how to fix it, and they either don't listen, or just sit there. It's a fairly big team now, you'd think a least a few people could get shit done...

LA+frost wall> 1 years being abused, 1 years we contact devs but nothing done until mathil "dicover it"

zerphi>2 years being broken, 2 years we contact the team, they BUFF it and now after 2 years maybe it will get nerfed because it got streamed.

MI+blink arrow> same it was few month we contact them until someone stream it and they finaly nerf it.

Crimsom dance> few month of abuse, we complain and nothing... until reddit complain (and Zizaran post a video of himself gettign rekt in pvp) and then it get nerfed

There is a pattern here, GGG seem to only get things balanced when reddit and or a streamer abuse it. Why should you then post a feedback here? Poet pen will not get nerfed until mathil use it.

(well he did it last league so i guess the skill is soon rekt)

My conclusion is POE is now balanced by reddit and streamers. People who post things regulary about broken shit are not listened, it can be 2 years and nothing is done... until reddit complain.

Reddit is the overlord, streamers are the law. Feedbacks given without one of those 2 things are ignored or slowed.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 21, 2018, 4:48:37 AM
It’s because of the narrow-minded belief that things that are problematic in pvp have no effect in pve, which simply isn’t true; anything that’s unfair and overpowered against other players, will have the same effect against enemies and bosses in pve. Pretty fuckin straightforward logic. I think they also figure “Eh, it’ll just STAY in pvp which only two people play” and it won’t become a problem because of that. GGG should want ALL of their game to be perfect, not just most of it.

That’s why I’ve always held to the belief that secretly balancing the game around pvp would be for the better; no cheese builds, the game would be more interesting and engaging, diversity could be better. None of that shit where people think they’re invincible and just stand around a la QBot (before the addition of Frost Bomb).
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info