poet's pen is ridiculous

Explain how you think pvp is a good reflection of the game in general.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Are you genuinely interested or are you saying it in a smug, dickish way? I just wanna know before putting in the effort, and text doesn’t convey tone
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
Are you genuinely interested or are you saying it in a smug, dickish way? I just wanna know before putting in the effort, and text doesn’t convey tone

Both, depending on your response I guess.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I’ll expand more on this at a later time by editing my comment, but for now I’ll say that pvp is an unbalanced mess, damage is way too high, and in a lot of cases, players are unkillable. Broken skills, items, and classes all seem to be rewarding the lazy players; why go through the effort of adapting when you can use overpowered shit and faceroll everything? Why bother putting your hands on the keyboard and mouse when you can just use an AFK build? Same kinda goes for pve, dealing too much damage, too many hand-holding skills like Volatile Dead and shit. Game is being built around Xbox a tad too much imo
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
I’ll expand more on this at a later time by editing my comment, but for now I’ll say that pvp is an unbalanced mess, damage is way too high, and in a lot of cases, players are unkillable. Broken skills, items, and classes all seem to be rewarding the lazy players; why go through the effort of adapting when you can use overpowered shit and faceroll everything? Why bother putting your hands on the keyboard and mouse when you can just use an AFK build? Same kinda goes for pve, dealing too much damage, too many hand-holding skills like Volatile Dead and shit. Game is being built around Xbox a tad too much imo

to say basically that pvp has no place in poe would indicate that all things dealing with pvp should be removed. why have sarn arena, duels, pvp queues and ladder, etc if not to use them. yes the pvp community is small, but it is still a community within the game.

ocd_xana's statement regarding handholding is absolutely true. after poet's pen was introduced I jokingly stated to other players that i want a pair of boot's that just casts as I run and then I remembered that we already have those in the form of aberrath's hooves. well, maybe additionally we should have skills that auto cast while flasks are in effect?

rewarding laziness, lack of skill and extreme firework effects with little no investment is not the direction that i and many others want this game to go.

PvP balance is (and it shouldn't be) not main concern of the game.
BTW even in "Diablo II" (game in which PVP has been a success) players have had to make external rules for dueling.
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
You are being too selfish if you want to end the fun of all the players that uses poet's pen to level up faster and easy. If the community is small, make some effort and you can ban the unique item from PvP, but unless that, don't ask to balance the unique for it.

Players like you are the ones who causes GGG to remove all the damn fun of the game.
There is pvp in this game? When did they add it?
"
Nishrek wrote:

BTW even in "Diablo II" (game in which PVP has been a success) players have had to make external rules for dueling.

But let's not forget that PvP in D2 also had internal rules and adjustments - immunity or high resistance to certain effects, curses, debuffs. Basically, there was damage reduction.

Also let's take into account that D2 had no emphasis on PvP, and the questionable popularity of this mode was mostly due to the online nature of the game (it was revolutionary, part of the success of D2, in general).

In short, even in this 20 year old game with no emphasis on PvP, there was a kind of balance.

In PoE, PvP is utter mess. Because there are no rules, nor any will to balance it accordingly, if at all.
Chris tried it out, realized there's little player retention, then scrapped and forgot it. BTW it's a two sided edge - retention was low because the balance was horrible (besides low lvl dueling, there were efforts).
There's no desire to make it work, not that it can't be made working.

PoE is mostly PvM and it seems it will remain one.
PvP was just a failed experiment with minor desire on developers' side to make it happen the good way.
So, expect nothing in future.

On a side note, the constant comparison between PoE and the 20 year old D2 makes me sick.
First, besides the copy-paste of some ingame elements, both are actually very different.
Second, these are games of different times. And while D2 was the most innovative in some aspects in its time, it also had a lot of flaws, being the pioneer.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jan 23, 2018, 4:38:38 AM
this combo is retardedly broken

18k hp/sec

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info