FUCK WINDOWS 10

overall, imo, win10 is quite nice and solid. a few annoyances, but thats with all OS's. a lot of software exists to disable telemetry if you're paranoid or secretive (Spybot Anti-Beacon for example). A lot of it can be removed at OS install/setup.
Also like any switch, you might need a month or so to get used to it.

my biggest issues: it seems to want to update and/or do some maintenance at random times. it used to be only when you were idle. Now I can be in the middle of something fully active and BAM, 100% Disk and/or CPU usage for the next 10-30min. Even though I told it do such work at certain hours. NOPE.

luckily that's only 1-2 times a month.

oh, and there's no more 'startup folder' in the start menu anymore :/ now you need to:
1) press win+R
2) type: shell:startup ... or ... shell:common startup ... or use the registry.

Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0 Build 16299)
rawr. fear me.
7 was here, 10 is a loser
Oblivious
torrent for 7, no updates if you dont want, no stupid stuff happening ever
Spreading salt since 2006
I personally really like Windows 10...It just seems to work well for what I use it for..mostly gaming, watching videos, and chatting via Discord. I don't do too much animation or Photoshop work on my PC..that's why I use a mac for the more creative things (which is very rare). PC is still the best though. I definitely recommend that if you are currently not liking Windows 10, do NOT sign up for the "Insider Program" where you receive Windows 10 beta updates which will probably cause your computer not to function as if it were the full complete updated version of the OS.
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
Only issue I have had with Windows 10 is the volume on my USB microphone is now so low that it is unusable. I tried it on another computer with Windows 7, and it works perfectly. I did a little googling and discovered it's a common problem with Windows 10 and many USB microphones. :/
"It's a harsh, difficult world. You have to be prepared for it. We're not babying the players."
- Chris Wilson - Producer, Lead Designer @ Grinding Gear Games

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info