Season One, Race Event 19: Two Hour Solo

Tried some races now and I agree with Gnarfy. The 2 hour races need some different prizes. People get Western Forest in a 1 hour race. Then they spend another hour there just flat out grinding in 2 hour races. There should be more prizes for progress. Prizes for killing Vaal, clearing the Church, killing the bandits etc. would be most welcome. This would give people more options in terms of where to go and what to do once they reach Act 2.
"
Gnarfy wrote:
Generaly i like Solo races aswell, i just dislike the 2 hour time limit because lack of options. Top players end up at the same map in the end as medicore players and grinding over 50% of a race one the same map seems boring.

I have to agree there, I like the 1 and 3+ hour races better.
Died carelessly in anger, shame because I had ms boots this time.
Died as #1 templar in cavern of wrath to tp loading screen. Could have left game but i thought loading screen death was fixed. gg
Finally had some drop luck for once in my life then die... 2 fire resis rings at lvl 10, movespeed boots with life on it, LOADS of portal scroll drops.

Died in ship graveyard to magic pack rhoas.. checked for leather belt at 9 only one for trans orb.. checked at 10 two there both leather belts trans orb each... I think I would've survived if I was able to buy a leather belt lol :/ or maybe if I wasnt sleepy lol
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Mar 3, 2013, 6:42:26 AM
Going to chicken out at 16 - Not enough time now to hit 21 - Good fun though maybe I should not of wasted those 4 alchs i found but hey ho - might even play this toon again in the 'real' league.
TFIGEGKTB
Worst. Race. (so far)

I died twice, luckily they were early, two times. Once at flooded depths, where I attempted to fight a bunch of magic mobs, and then again at mud flats, where I attempted to move on with very little flask charges left.

With ~20 minutes gone, I created a third character. Rushed Hillock, and got some decent items to go with. Finished flooded depths (got extremely low, ran out of mana flask charges and was actually forced to revert to my basic attacks) and went to ledge. Farmed till 9, killed brutus, reached coves. Farmed till 14...then I thought, just two more levels to 3 points. I had ~40 minutes, easy.

At this points, someone in global chat asked "What's the use of fusing orbs? I tried using one on my 3S item and it removed the link and added another somewhere else" There was no answer for a long while, as expected it was a race, but then someone answered (Beeu, I remember) with a long, 4 line answer on what it does. I was like, Whaat??? Someone actually stopped to type that? I was interested enough to type /whois Beeu, and I got:

"
Beeu is a level 68 Witch in the default league and is currently adventuring in ...

DEFAULT LEAGUE??? Typed /deaths...

"
You have died 1 times

"
You have died 1 times

"
You have died 1 times

Fuck. I died and I didn't know it. When??? How??? No time to ponder. Log out, create a new character. New plan, level 10. Rushed to hillock...then d/ced. Log in, new character is in default league.

Sigh. Come on...With ~35 minutes left, new character, rushed hillock. Got a rare belt, magic shield, magic hat. Thought it was completely possible. Reached mud flats, and all of s a sudden in the zone my latency jumped randomly (60-100 latency in Terrace, suddenly jumped in mud flats). This random jumps, plus the damn rhoas, killed me. Again. This was at 25 minutes left.

Fuck this. I quit this race.

On reflection now, I think I remember when I died. I was at cavern of wrath, going back to coves. I started a new instance and walked a little way into coves. Met 0 enemies. Just to check my latency I hit f1 (I do that quite a number of times during the race) and saw that it had stayed at 80 for the last 2 seconds. Stopped and checked my internet. No connection whatsoever. I logged out, and at that point I still had full health, energy shield, and there was no enemies nearby. I was about level 13 or so. Sigh. The internet connection for some reason came back after 20s or so.
I have never played Diablo 2 or Diablo 3...

I have played FATE and it's successors, though, and I'm told it's similar to Diablo.
Last edited by ChooJeremy on Mar 3, 2013, 9:12:21 AM
for the second time in 2 days i died at 1h55....

iam really mad ^^
#1 Ranger and my first Demigod! :)

Finally I didn't die in a race, I'm usually doing pretty good - but I always end up dead or fall behind near the end, finally won one! So happy right now ^____^;

Haha, just realised I wasn't even wearing an Amulet. :P
Last edited by enemepro on Mar 3, 2013, 9:08:10 AM
humn lvl 26 this race with dw duelist, all went so smooth (except no ms boots) but still not even remotely close to the people at the top q.q

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info