[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

Advice on abyss jewels? are these better than the old ones or what
"
Polunarch wrote:
Advice on abyss jewels? are these better than the old ones or what

can´t be better. because there are just no "perfect" rolled ones. I'm searching since a week for attack speed, flat damage 20+, crit multi, 36+ life. Not even one offer the entire week. The old jewels are very rare too, but at least there are some. And very good rolled 3 stat jewels are good too.

But Abyss jewels with 2-3x flat Damage + life are pretty cheap and can be a good start.
Last edited by Rake7 on Jan 8, 2018, 11:26:46 PM
"
Kenjinou wrote:
Don´t forget about the Elder Amulet Prefix

#% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life

ilvl 68: 0.3-0.5 (Eldritch)

I think it is really usefull if you don´t want to invest so much for an jewel.

I crafted mine myself and I think it is really good

So i tried to "craft" one myself. 600 Chaos later the best i got are:

Last edited by Rake7 on Jan 9, 2018, 12:50:20 AM
Your first one is quite awesome, you should risk it an use an Exalted. Best possible stat would be a good life roll, you have one Prefix and one Suffix left, so you could get Crit Multi or Life in best case imo.
"
LoLBoaT wrote:
Very fun build!

Just a question. if I am using a 6L belly instead of kaoms, are there any interesting and viable gem setups for it (eg. coc)? Not planning to use the curse on hit-assassin mark setup on frenzy since I am using an shaper's ring for the curse. Thanks in advanced!

You can use, Life Gain On Hit, Power Charge on Critical, linked to what you want.

"
jlbarbosa wrote:
hello guys, can you help me, I did the build but the gems in the are activating * bodswap, unearth, volatidedead. can you help me...

Put the gems in the order explained by the build. regards

"
Darkkillaz wrote:
another question, you dont need the Frenzy lvl 20 or 21 no?

It is not necessary to have high lvl frenzy. If I recommend having it with 20% quality

"
Shnizers wrote:
Hey guys - Looking to try this build but on Xbox where gear is hard to find. I will need to use a chest armor besides Kaom's Heart (I have Carcass) and it will be very hard to get the Watcher's Eye so I am thinking I will need to go dual curse.

Do you think this still will be viable?

Thanks

The build was tested with and without the jewel. In fact I could kill the shaper without the jewel. So go ahead, of course it works.

Hello, all. Fairly new to the game.

I’m a little confused as to the gem setup in the Pens. Apparently things changed after the helmet enchant nerf? Seeing some people even suggest twin Volatile Dead in the same pen with Conc Effect.

I’m not a huge fan of Bodyswap, so I have Culling Strike in its place on the Unearth setup. Is that acceptable?

Lastly, it seems that the Helmet enchant is absolutely the first must have item besides the Pens themselves.

Also, is Rat’s Nest a decent option for this build? I have a fairly well rolled one in my stash. Or does it simply not matter, and the VD enchant is the most important part?

Sorry for the million questions. Trying to wrap my head around this build. I reached level 25 in about an hour tonight. Just absurdly OP leveling build so far.
"
smelcami wrote:
"
LoLBoaT wrote:
Very fun build!

Just a question. if I am using a 6L belly instead of kaoms, are there any interesting and viable gem setups for it (eg. coc)? Not planning to use the curse on hit-assassin mark setup on frenzy since I am using an shaper's ring for the curse. Thanks in advanced!

You can use, Life Gain On Hit, Power Charge on Critical, linked to what you want.

"
jlbarbosa wrote:
hello guys, can you help me, I did the build but the gems in the are activating * bodswap, unearth, volatidedead. can you help me...

Put the gems in the order explained by the build. regards

"
Darkkillaz wrote:
another question, you dont need the Frenzy lvl 20 or 21 no?

It is not necessary to have high lvl frenzy. If I recommend having it with 20% quality

"
Shnizers wrote:
Hey guys - Looking to try this build but on Xbox where gear is hard to find. I will need to use a chest armor besides Kaom's Heart (I have Carcass) and it will be very hard to get the Watcher's Eye so I am thinking I will need to go dual curse.

Do you think this still will be viable?

Thanks

The build was tested with and without the jewel. In fact I could kill the shaper without the jewel. So go ahead, of course it works.

Thank you for your help! could analyze my char see what equipment I should put and gems, I'm loving the build
hey,
so there is a slayer/assasin and a templar version of this build here.
whats with pure assasin ?
you get alot of crit&crit multi, free power charges and culling strike. is this not worth ? do you really need the overleech from slayer ?

i want to try this build on hc, started as a templar (lvl 23) and im not sure if scion or assasin is maybe better ?

(nerver played an assasin or slayer before.)

thx
"
Voisard wrote:
Hey, first thanks for the build idea . Since im playing this in hc, i've went with a MoM variant .

What i would like to understand is, why choose inc crit support . Since im Inquisitor .. And if PoB is correct.. Having VD + Elemental Focus + Conc Effect, it nets me almost 25% the dps than if i'd go and sub out Conc or Ele focus out , for Inc Crit support .

For the curious out there, here's the PoB link : https://pastebin.com/eq5QtHCP

I'm also going for the double curse as we're speaking, already have a crafted ring with Warlord's mark on hit ready to go. Don't think im gonna spend 12ex on Watcher's Eye, as Mokou's + Eye of Innocence leeches more than enough, and i'll be adding the notable Whispers of Doom , for Warlord's Mark on hit and a Assasin's CoH setup . Note that i run Unearth + Gmp + Culling Strike / Swapping out Culling for Cremation on bosses / On 1 Wand . Don't trust Bodyswap in hc. For obvious reasons .
Also waiting for a Starkonja's +1 VD enchant to pop up :P

Thanks for helping me out.

Anyone could follow up to this ?
Thanks
I've been playing this character and I can't seem to reach its full potential. I feel like everything one-shots me and I have to run away from the bosses constantly or I get one-shot. I even have to run away from mobs or they instantly kill me. I have 6.8k effective health and maxed out resistances but I still feel so squishy. I can clear up to tier 12 maps but anything past that I risk getting one hit by everything. Here's my PoB, any help would be appreciated. Thank you
https://pastebin.com/UDkCK5aZ
Last edited by AccidentalChaos on Jan 9, 2018, 12:36:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info