[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

More mana means more mana regen, but it's mostly pointless. I don't have mana anywhere on my gear and it's working just fine.

You don't need/want more than 4 APS because of the spell's internal 250ms cooldown. If you attack faster than the spells cooldown, you'll end up just shooting a Frenzy without casting any of your spells. For example on my build I had to spec out of Precision and switch to gloves without 12% attack speed because I was attacking too fast.

The only time you want more than 4 APS is when you have cooldown reduction on your belt. With a perfect cooldown roll (20%), the internal cooldown shortens to 200ms which allows increasing your APS to 5.
"
Aevaris wrote:
More than the opportunity cost of 3.5% attack speed and 24% crit multi and 3% onslaught?

Much more. Casting ur VD faster is insane if u got the enchant and so much better than crit multi and more APS (which u dont even want)
Hello !

Can you explain a little bit more about ascendancy ?

Im pretty sure Inevitable Judgement is neccesary , but isnt pious path better choice than instruments of virtue + augury of Penitence ?
"
quflamingo wrote:
Im pretty sure Inevitable Judgement is neccesary , but isnt pious path better choice than instruments of virtue + augury of Penitence ?

GREAT POINT!

30% inc. Spell Damage and 20% inc. Attack speed VS. Immunity to shock, freeze and burn and 40% inc. Damage - If you can reach the 4 APS breakpoint (or 5 if using cooldown Shaper belt) without the bonus from Instruments of Virtue - then it is definitely better! However my Mokou+Eye of Innocence trick won't work anymore.

With Attack Speed on Gloves, +1 Frenzy charges on Boots and some Attack Speed on Jewels I'm sure 5 APS can be achieved.
Augury of penitence act as another 16% increase.

That's 46% vs 40% while on consecrated ground. This build destroy things so fast that staying at the same place is a loss of time while mapping... On bosses I'm pretty sure this isn't the best choice either...
Last edited by Gluitina on Dec 31, 2017, 3:37:58 PM
30% spell damage from instruments dont working .. how you count 46 ? =D

Instruments of Virtue is a notable Ascendancy passive skill for the Inquisitor that grants increased spell and attack damage if you're used a spell in the past 4 seconds and attack and cast speed if you've attacked or used an attack skill in the past 4 seconds.

Triggered spells, for example through Cast when Damage Taken Support, Cast On Critical Strike Support, Mjölner or similar mechanics, do not count as your character "using" or "casting" a spell and therefore do not activate their respective effect.
Last edited by quflamingo on Dec 31, 2017, 3:46:55 PM
You get the bonus by attacking with Frenzy and casting with Flame Dash.
"
"
quflamingo wrote:

GREAT POINT!

30% inc. Spell Damage and 20% inc. Attack speed VS. Immunity to shock, freeze and burn and 40% inc. Damage - If you can reach the 4 APS breakpoint (or 5 if using cooldown Shaper belt) without the bonus from Instruments of Virtue - then it is definitely better! However my Mokou+Eye of Innocence trick won't work anymore.

With Attack Speed on Gloves, +1 Frenzy charges on Boots and some Attack Speed on Jewels I'm sure 5 APS can be achieved.

5 APS can be achieved even without +1 frenzy on boots. I've now gone too far and get 5.15 APS (with 3 frenzy charges up). The key to 5 APS is pseudo 5L gloves with faster attacks (im using level 18).

I now need more CDR to bring it in line with the 5 APS and doing it without ruining my res is going to be a challenge.
"
Aevaris wrote:
"
"
quflamingo wrote:

GREAT POINT!

5 APS can be achieved even without +1 frenzy on boots. I've now gone too far and get 5.15 APS (with 3 frenzy charges up). The key to 5 APS is pseudo 5L gloves with faster attacks (im using level 18).

I now need more CDR to bring it in line with the 5 APS and doing it without ruining my res is going to be a challenge.

It'll be more afordable if you use a 11% belt and 14% CDR boots, or whatever combination. A well rolled 20% belt is too rare & expensive...

Also, you should check Essence of Insanity crafted gloves. 16% more IAS is better.
I prefer Blind on gloves, this way I can drop Stibnite for something better. I'm not trying to reach 5 APS yet anyway because I'm using very budget gear but good to know!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info