[3.6 Video Guide] Volatile Dead Inquisitor (or Elementalist) [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Shaper]

Spell Echo makes a world of difference in terms of raw DPS even though it's a bit clunkier to use; the Spell Cascade 31% less modifier really hurts compared to the 10% less penalty on Spell Echo. I actually went ahead and switched and I'm getting 120k DPS in PoB compared to 57k before.

Also the Shaped items are insane, I've got 183% increased critical strike chance for spells along with a 4 link for Cremation. The other rolls aren't great but going to try annul/exalt some decent modifiers once I get the "No Attack Rolls" mod rolled onto it (assuming I don't brick it)
"
_loki wrote:
Spell Echo makes a world of difference in terms of raw DPS even though it's a bit clunkier to use; the Spell Cascade 31% less modifier really hurts compared to the 10% less penalty on Spell Echo. I actually went ahead and switched and I'm getting 120k DPS in PoB compared to 57k before.

I did some testing with cascade and echo and indeed tooltip DPS went up for me from 52k to 106k. Casting VD felt a lot smoother but still I find that clear speed with cascade is way better. Casting a desecrate into a group of mobs and then cast 2x VD destroys the pack really fast while doing the same with echo leaves a couple of mobs standing and actually requires more casts to kill everything. Cascade definitely feels slower but I'm killing faster. Probably with a +1 VD helm enchant echo will be better but without I think I prefer cascade. Too bad the helm enchant is so incredibly expensive :S
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Hi and thanks for the build but i have to say it has been a "roller coaster" type build. Many highs and too many lows. I'm older (64) and a little slow so how can i make my build just a little more defensive.
If you say get more levels then fine i can do that but what i need is some more emergency defence, give me time to react.
I find i am only using "cremation" at chests so that can go.
Not sure if that CWDT on my shiels is doing anything?.
Used MOM for some time for damage mitigation but found running out of mana after 2 hits was not an option.
Any ideas, i have around 170c but have all the time in the world to farm more.
Thanks.
Hi i just started the build and now level 50, may i ask what should i use for offhand?
"
lakyljuk wrote:
Love this build so far. I am however struggling a bit with order and amout of skills used. I was so far casting Desecrate followed by VD, which kills almost everything, for bosses I am casting Desecrate, Unearth on spell totem, then VD. I get it, Unearth creates more corpses for VD. But how about Cremation? it is not ranged, so for me it is not much use,, when I cast it, it is close to me, VD balls follow mobs and kill them, so Cremation does almost nothing damage wise. Can you please advise how to use those four skills propery, what order, what situation?

Thanks a lot.

Hey,

Glad you like it! Thank you!

Cremation is a helpful addition vs stationary boss fights and/or harder packs. Though the inquisitor version is pretty damn strong with VD alone. However, if you wish to kill Uber Atziri with this build you need Cremation for her fight specifically due to the Mirror Clone that reflects dmg :)

"
wunshot wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. So now I have a couple more questions.

When I ditch the Chernobog's Pillar Shield (which I'll do immediately. I didn't realize I was cancelling my gloves), what should I replace it with?

Also, you mentioned the Doryani's Catalyst was for the elementalist build. Are you saying there is a different end game weapon I should be working towards for my inq? (Am I missing a specific inq gear guide somewhere?)

I completely understand what you mean by the reserved mana. I actually stopped running both herald's and immediately became far tankier.

So if I'm hearing you correctly you're saying:
get a 5L or 6L CoD asap.
Replace the shield with something else
Get rid of the lightpoacher, or replace the power charge on crit with assassins mark in it and ditch the gloves.

I hate asking you to answer something that is already posted, but some of the information here either varies based on ele or inq or just varies over time in the replies. Can you please relist the 5L set up and 6L set up? Mainly I'm still confused about spell cascade vs spell echo. It seems like both are being proffered as the best set up.

Hey,

My pleasure, I do what I can!

Any shield granting Spell DMG / Spell Crit / Life / Resistances (what ever you need defensively otherwise focus on the offensive stats).

Inquisitor version as described in the guide will want a high spell dmg & spell crit weapon for optimal damage output.

Aye, with more unreserved mana you'll notice a big increase of tankiness which the Heralds would block away if you wish not to be a glasscannon.

CoD = Hardcore
Anything else = Softcore tbh
Lightpoacher vs Oskarm = correct

Spell Echo vs Spell Cascade:
Matter of taste really, Spell Echo will grant you better single target DMG as each ball does more damage, however you are locked in place when casting which can be dangerous and the clear speed is generally worse compared to Spell Cascade, and the cascade is more than fine vs bosses as well.

"
zaraki199 wrote:
Hi Ghazzy, for the softcore version do you still racommend using the grand spectrum cobalt jewel or is better use something else?

Kind of depends on how much of a glasscannon you want to be, if you skip them you'll become even squishier, though you can get Abyssal Jewels with high flat mana as well as other mods granting you damage as well if you so wish :) The mana drop would be significantly smaller.

"
Cryogenocide wrote:
Okay, still new with some mechanics, but I see in the skill tree you went with the node Blood Drinker, which is the attack damage leeched as life. Does VD actually work with that node? Or are we using something else that gives us that leech?

We are not taking the node for the sake of the leech, it is there for the increased life :)

"
_loki wrote:

Also the Shaped items are insane, I've got 183% increased critical strike chance for spells along with a 4 link for Cremation. The other rolls aren't great but going to try annul/exalt some decent modifiers once I get the "No Attack Rolls" mod rolled onto it (assuming I don't brick it)

The DPS shown is PER ball afaik in PoB as well. Spell Echo grants you 1-3 balls * 2 whilst Cascade gives you 1-3 * 3 balls and Cascaded Desecrate generates 15 corpses.
But yes, you are right, spell echo is absolutely more damage, though cascade should be a lot better for clear speed.

GL on the craft! They can be literally broken :D

"
EDMOSES wrote:
Hi and thanks for the build but i have to say it has been a "roller coaster" type build. Many highs and too many lows. I'm older (64) and a little slow so how can i make my build just a little more defensive.
If you say get more levels then fine i can do that but what i need is some more emergency defence, give me time to react.
I find i am only using "cremation" at chests so that can go.
Not sure if that CWDT on my shiels is doing anything?.
Used MOM for some time for damage mitigation but found running out of mana after 2 hits was not an option.
Any ideas, i have around 170c but have all the time in the world to farm more.
Thanks.

Hey,

MoM is your biggest source of eHP, though you need a certain ammount of unreserved mana to sustain it otherwise you'll run out of mana in 2 hits as you are experiencing. Check out the MoM calculator in the guide to see how much unreserved mana you are in need of to sustain it.

Since you are using Lightpoacher you are already severly hurt in terms of eHP & resistances, the links can therefor be: GMP - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark. If you do that, you can replace your Oskarm gloves as you are not in need of that thanks to the Lightpoacher which will allow you to get much more life & resistances on the gloves.

The belt can grant you a ton of more DPS obviously but you'll have less eHP / res available from your gear.

The CWDT does TONS for you vs Bone Husks and/or Porcupines so you don't die instantly vs those.

You are using both Heralds, as the guide describes, if you do, you will be VERY squishy, I'd recommend ONLY running Clarity to save as much unreserved mana as possible so you can fully sustain MoM according to the calculator in the guide.

I hope my answer helped you along the way! Let me know how the build feels once you've sorted it!

"
neoyao wrote:
Hi i just started the build and now level 50, may i ask what should i use for offhand?

Hey,

For this version:

Any shield granting any of these stats I need:

Defensive Stats:
Life
Resistances

Offensive Stats:
Spell DMG
Spell Crit

"
wunshot wrote:
Yeah....I think I'm all good now. Just breezed through act 8. DPS is through the roof again with that 5L and arcane surge. Thanks!

Hey,

Glad it worked out :)

Let me know if you have any other issues!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey! First of all thank you for the awesome build!
Just killed Kitava in Act 10...felt very smooth all the way!
I'm using Carcass Jack 5L rn and Lightpoacher with Assasins Mark Curse on hit...works fine aswell. Also the Darkness Enthroned belt, wich improves the Lightpoacher even more!
Only thing i want to know is do we want to ignite enemies? Or not?
I was thinking of putting Cremation in Doryani later on but that would cause the enemies to ignite more and more...
Keep it up man!
"
wet_jpg wrote:
I'm using Carcass Jack 5L rn and Lightpoacher with Assasins Mark Curse on hit...works fine aswell. Also the Darkness Enthroned belt, wich improves the Lightpoacher even more!
I was thinking of putting Cremation in Doryani later on but that would cause the enemies to ignite more and more...
Keep it up man!

With elemental focus we cannot ignite so I think ignites are completely ignored for this build.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
wet_jpg wrote:
Keep it up man!

As @JohnnyV76 stated:

Ignites are ignored by the build since the More multiplier is so high from Elemental Focus!

Thank you <3
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Loving the build, it's a tractor.
However, could someone walk me through explaining why are these Oskarm gloves so good?
Probably noob question, but..
When i changed to it, my crit chance remained the same (it says attack crit chance, not spell),
and just to gain power charges, is it worth that much?
Thanks in advance!
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
wet_jpg wrote:
Keep it up man!

With elemental focus we cannot ignite so I think ignites are completely ignored for this build.

Volatile Dead can not ignite...Cremation is not linked to ele focus so it could...better use ele focus on Cremation aswell then :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info