[3.6 Video Guide] Volatile Dead Inquisitor (or Elementalist) [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Shaper]

Hey Ghazzy I'm loving this build went to T13 with a tabula but it's starting to be painful right now and I don't really know what base armour is the best ? Could you help me for this pls ?
Great build mate is working very well. I have one question i have a budget of 15ex and i would like to know which chest should i get for this build and which one is better for hc and sf. Thanks for your work .
Last edited by zaraki199 on Jan 1, 2018, 3:32:53 PM
Hey Ghazzy, gj on the build. It's my first for the league (just got back into the game a couple of days ago). I just hit 60 and I have a couple of questions.

Is there a life leech component that I'm not seeing here? It was no problem at all in earlier levels, but now I'm finding myself getting decimated really fast and spamming my flasks to stay alive.

Also, I had cloak of defiance (just a 4L) for MoM, but I just grabbed the MoM from the passive tree to get the nodes behind it. Trying anything to make my surviveability a little more rugged. What other chest slots are good? I can't get anything too pricey.

I've been using 2 Nycta's Lanterns for my VD and Cremation. I found that I was getting more DPS with the Nycta than a tabula rasa for VD. Was I doing something wrong there? I would think that a 6L would produce more DPS, but maybe it was just because I was only like level 30 at the time. I'll eventually want to get a Doryani's when I'm high enough, but should I be using a shield with my Nycta until then? I just bought a Chernobog's pillar in case....still need a level to use it. :)

Lastly, should I get a Lightpoacher as my helm?

Thanks!
"
_loki wrote:
Fun build. I'm running something similar; just running Acrobatics/Phase Acro and less jewel nodes / power charges. Also, using Blood Rage with this gives you a lot more damage and makes Shield Charge faster, you just either need enough regen or have the "Damage Leeched as Life/Mana" enchant on your boots to sustain. Once I get my gems leveled to 21/20; I'm going to start using Vaal Grace as well for another ~34% dodge chance for attacks/spells (total: 74%/71% for attacks/spells).

https://pastebin.com/Kk2XQxjB

I'm not using CoD but you should look at the new Elder helmets, they can roll ~15-20% increased Maximum Mana which is pretty good if you are using CoD and want to skip paying for the mana Jewels.

Looking really solid :)
Thank you for sharing!

"
Zooryx wrote:
Hey Ghazzy I'm loving this build went to T13 with a tabula but it's starting to be painful right now and I don't really know what base armour is the best ? Could you help me for this pls ?

Hey,

As the guide describes you got a few options;
For maximum dmg => +1 chest of any sort
For maximum defence => CoD (this is what I used in hardcore on my rank 1 elementalist version of this build).

Glad you like it!

"
zaraki199 wrote:
Great build mate is working very well. I have one question i have a budget of 15ex and i would like to know which chest should i get for this build and which one is better for hc and sf. Thanks for your work .

Cheers, glad you like it!

CoD is absolutely top tier for hardcore survival, I'd as the guide describes also NOT use Heralds for hardcore to maintain a high eHP pool with the unreserved mana.

For softcore I would most likely not use CoD and opt for a +1 gem lvl chest (shaper/elder/skin of the loyal/corrupted tabula) and also add both Heralds (ice/thunder).

"
_loki wrote:
Fun build. I'm running something similar; just running Acrobatics/Phase Acro and less jewel nodes / power charges. Also, using Blood Rage with this gives you a lot more damage and makes Shield Charge faster, you just either need enough regen or have the "Damage Leeched as Life/Mana" enchant on your boots to sustain. Once I get my gems leveled to 21/20; I'm going to start using Vaal Grace as well for another ~34% dodge chance for attacks/spells (total: 74%/71% for attacks/spells).

https://pastebin.com/Kk2XQxjB

I'm not using CoD but you should look at the new Elder helmets, they can roll ~15-20% increased Maximum Mana which is pretty good if you are using CoD and want to skip paying for the mana Jewels.

Looking really solid :)
Thank you for sharing!

"
Zooryx wrote:

Hey,

As the guide describes you got a few options;
For maximum dmg => +1 chest of any sort
For maximum defence => CoD (this is what I used in hardcore on my rank 1 elementalist version of this build).

Glad you like it!

"
zaraki199 wrote:

Cheers, glad you like it!

CoD is absolutely top tier for hardcore survival, I'd as the guide describes also NOT use Heralds for hardcore to maintain a high eHP pool with the unreserved mana.

For softcore I would most likely not use CoD and opt for a +1 gem lvl chest (shaper/elder/skin of the loyal/corrupted tabula) and also add both Heralds (ice/thunder).

Hey,

Cheers!
Atziri's Promise grants some life leech, boot enchants is another option. Unlike the Elementalist version which uses Doryani's Catalyst to grant extra leeching the options are fewer for the Inquisitor to leech.

CoD is an insanely effective defensive choice, though you must be careful with your unreserved mana pool to actually sustain the extra provided mitigating effect from the 40% MoM, I'd recommend carefully following the provided MoM calculator in the guide! :)

You are also wearing Chernobog's Pillar Shield, this negates the effect provided by your Oskarm Gloves which means you miss out on the leeching provided by the curse as well as the power charges, I would strongly recommend switching that shield asap and trying to get a 5L as soon as possible for a smoother playstyle.

Nycta's Lantern is purely insane early on and a 6L will be better later on!
Lightpoacher is a matter of taste, I wouldn't personally use it for this build as we don't really scale the dmg from it that well and we are also getting our Assassin's Mark curse from the gloves, though Lightpoacher would allow us to link it with: "GMP - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark" which would allow us to change the Oskarm gloves for something else, the choice is yours.

To sum up the issue you have:

* Chernobog's shield is negating your Assassin's Mark curse which removes your leech source as well as power charges

* Try to get a 5L asap

* Make sure your unreserved mana is on par with your 40% MoM effect

I hope my answer is sufficient to get you back on track with the build, if you need me to elaborate further on anything, do let me know!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Love this build so far. I am however struggling a bit with order and amout of skills used. I was so far casting Desecrate followed by VD, which kills almost everything, for bosses I am casting Desecrate, Unearth on spell totem, then VD. I get it, Unearth creates more corpses for VD. But how about Cremation? it is not ranged, so for me it is not much use,, when I cast it, it is close to me, VD balls follow mobs and kill them, so Cremation does almost nothing damage wise. Can you please advise how to use those four skills propery, what order, what situation?

Thanks a lot.
Thanks for the quick reply. So now I have a couple more questions.

When I ditch the Chernobog's Pillar Shield (which I'll do immediately. I didn't realize I was cancelling my gloves), what should I replace it with?

Also, you mentioned the Doryani's Catalyst was for the elementalist build. Are you saying there is a different end game weapon I should be working towards for my inq? (Am I missing a specific inq gear guide somewhere?)

I completely understand what you mean by the reserved mana. I actually stopped running both herald's and immediately became far tankier.

So if I'm hearing you correctly you're saying:
get a 5L or 6L CoD asap.
Replace the shield with something else
Get rid of the lightpoacher, or replace the power charge on crit with assassins mark in it and ditch the gloves.

I hate asking you to answer something that is already posted, but some of the information here either varies based on ele or inq or just varies over time in the replies. Can you please relist the 5L set up and 6L set up? Mainly I'm still confused about spell cascade vs spell echo. It seems like both are being proffered as the best set up.
Sorry. Just noticed the "dont get a CoD in SC".

Just grabbed this
and messed with the colors. Am I on the right track?
Last edited by wunshot on Jan 2, 2018, 4:48:38 PM
Hi Ghazzy, for the softcore version do you still racommend using the grand spectrum cobalt jewel or is better use something else?
Yeah....I think I'm all good now. Just breezed through act 8. DPS is through the roof again with that 5L and arcane surge. Thanks!
Okay, still new with some mechanics, but I see in the skill tree you went with the node Blood Drinker, which is the attack damage leeched as life. Does VD actually work with that node? Or are we using something else that gives us that leech?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info