[3.2] Slayer Reave - Extremely Fast Map Clear - Insane with new Shaper / Elder Items.

So I decided to try this build out as a final attempt to finish the league challenges and unlock the portal. I dumped a good chunk of cash into my gear but I would love if someone could take the time and let me know if I am missing anything or something I could be doing better.

Right now I feel fairly squishy, I get one shot quite often in t13+ maps and I'm not sure if it's more of a "l2p" issue a fault in my set up.

My accuracy is sitting at 87% which i feel may be a little low and I'm currently only level 86, the last of my points are all going into the 5% hp nodes so I will gain some tankiness there.

Anyway any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Last edited by Kinnslayor on Feb 6, 2018, 4:13:39 PM
So frustrated with this build....i get 1shot by gaurdian of the vault with 5800 life..... any time i die it feels like a 1shot or just super fast...idk just frustrated
I'm feeling the same way right now myself actually. After sinking quite a bit of my "end of league" cash into the build I haven't been able to do much more then my cheaper builds.

I'm sitting at ~6500 hp and get 1 shot quite often, I am in constant fear of my life. Doing guardians I had to re roll my maps quite a bit in order to take them down.

I tried shaper about 5-6 times today with no success. Spent a lot of cash on the attempts and left pretty disappointment. One false move and it was gg insta 1 shot. I understand mechanics are based around the possibility of getting one shot but I am unable to even take the lightest of hits it feels like.

Blade flurry is suicide and reave isn't much better especially with so much movement required to stay alive it's tough to keep the stacks up which requires me to get in close where I take a ton of damage.

This is my first league and I'm sure there is some "l2p" issues here but I am far from unfamiliar with the arpg genre and have done quite a lot of research on the game and the fights.

This is probably my 5th build that I've played ~lvl 85-90 this league. Although my first league I have put a absolute ton of time into this league.

At this point im looking towards the drawing board and figuring something out for the next league and 3.2 where I will focus more on one build and hopefully get my first shaper kill.

I'll put this up as a learning experience. Not trying to bash the build at all, I'm sure there is a lot of success from a lot of people, this is just my personal experience and as I said it may be more or a learn to play issue and perhaps I'm in need of a more mechanically forgiving build while pushing end game content for the first time.

Any thoughts or suggestions to push me to the next level would be greatly appreciated. Right now I'm focusing on maxing out my gems and we'll see what happens next.

"
Kinnslayor wrote:
So I decided to try this build out as a final attempt to finish the league challenges and unlock the portal. I dumped a good chunk of cash into my gear but I would love if someone could take the time and let me know if I am missing anything or something I could be doing better.

Right now I feel fairly squishy, I get one shot quite often in t13+ maps and I'm not sure if it's more of a "l2p" issue a fault in my set up.

My accuracy is sitting at 87% which i feel may be a little low and I'm currently only level 86, the last of my points are all going into the 5% hp nodes so I will gain some tankiness there.

Hi there, I am not Norseman, the build maker. But I think I can help you.

I check with ur Char, TeaDizzle, lvl 89 slayer currently.

The problems about ur Slayer with reave build are:

1. quite low armour at 1757 without flask. this is quite low, even with lion roar, you only get 35% phys. mitigation which can give you frequently 1 hit deathes running not only high physical dmg maps, but also in quite many normal high tier maps.
My suggestions: replace ur helmet, boots, belt with high armour ones, e.g. a T1 armour roll vise.
and furthermore, move 2 points of 5% hp nodes to go with iron reflexes,

2. all resists are not quite sufficient for some map mods. try to get abyss jewels with resists.this is also help with phys mitigation as you got taste of hate.

3. Damage is also not at good level, try to get a 340 pDPS foil, or good amulet and steel rings with >20 flat phys dmg. getting a good Weapon is always prior to buying other gears

as this build is mainly aiming at map cleaning, it is not easy to take down big fat bosses until you get rly end gaming equipments

I personally like to go with pure physical style when playing slayer, by doing this, you can have a quite large leeching pool(hematophagy) together with decent bleeding dmg (crimson dance).

one More suggestion, move primeval force nodes and the 10 dex node to twin terrors and other defensive nodes, or ambidexterity once you get iron reflexes
Last edited by shuaiziyoa on Feb 9, 2018, 1:16:49 AM
"
shuaiziyoa wrote:
"
Kinnslayor wrote:

Hi there, I am not Norseman, the build maker. But I think I can help you.

I check with ur Char, TeaDizzle, lvl 89 slayer currently.

The problems about ur Slayer with reave build are:

1. quite low armour at 1757 without flask. this is quite low, even with lion roar, you only get 35% phys. mitigation which can give you frequently 1 hit deathes running not only high physical dmg maps, but also in quite many normal high tier maps.
My suggestions: replace ur helmet, boots, belt with high armour ones, e.g. a T1 armour roll vise.
and furthermore, move 2 points of 5% hp nodes to go with iron reflexes,

2. all resists are not quite sufficient for some map mods. try to get abyss jewels with resists.this is also help with phys mitigation as you got taste of hate.

3. Damage is also not at good level, try to get a 340 pDPS foil, or good amulet and steel rings with >20 flat phys dmg. getting a good Weapon is always prior to buying other gears

as this build is mainly aiming at map cleaning, it is not easy to take down big fat bosses until you get rly end gaming equipments

I personally like to go with pure physical style when playing slayer, by doing this, you can have a quite large leeching pool(hematophagy) together with decent bleeding dmg (crimson dance).

one More suggestion, move primeval force nodes and the 10 dex node to twin terrors and other defensive nodes, or ambidexterity once you get iron reflexes

can you look at my chr and give me advice please? its WesSunderz...i need help i really want the boss killing power of this build but i feel as tho i was way way tankier with my atziri disfavor cycloner using 6l belly
how to get more single target DPS ? should i carry a BladeFlurry ?

"
how to get more single target DPS ? should i carry a BladeFlurry ?

When I get to a boss I swap reave,multistrike and increased area for bladeflurry, maim and concentrated effect. This setup is enough to kill shaper if your equipment is good and you get the mechanics of the fight.
Last edited by dubiezus on Feb 11, 2018, 11:04:28 PM
Op build, no need to have perfect gear to go end game, fast, resistant enough ( far to be facetanky ), and really fun to get end game gear !
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/kestapop/characters clint_is_wood

Rarity: RareBrood ScratchVaal Rapier--------One Handed SwordQuality: +20% (augmented)Physical Damage: 96-304 (augmented)Elemental Damage: 7-166 (augmented)Critical Strike Chance: 8.25% (augmented)Attacks per Second: 1.55 (augmented)Weapon Range: 12--------Requirements:Level: 70Dex: 212Int: 109--------Sockets: B-G-B --------Item Level: 84--------+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier--------133% increased Physical DamageAdds 16 to 33 Physical DamageAdds 7 to 166 Lightning Damage19% increased Attack Speed11% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold27% increased Critical Strike Chance
Last edited by kestapop on Feb 13, 2018, 12:14:24 AM
"
Kinnslayor wrote:
I'm feeling the same way right now myself actually. After sinking quite a bit of my "end of league" cash into the build I haven't been able to do much more then my cheaper builds.

I'm sitting at ~6500 hp and get 1 shot quite often, I am in constant fear of my life. Doing guardians I had to re roll my maps quite a bit in order to take them down.

I tried shaper about 5-6 times today with no success. Spent a lot of cash on the attempts and left pretty disappointment. One false move and it was gg insta 1 shot. I understand mechanics are based around the possibility of getting one shot but I am unable to even take the lightest of hits it feels like.

Blade flurry is suicide and reave isn't much better especially with so much movement required to stay alive it's tough to keep the stacks up which requires me to get in close where I take a ton of damage.

This is my first league and I'm sure there is some "l2p" issues here but I am far from unfamiliar with the arpg genre and have done quite a lot of research on the game and the fights.

This is probably my 5th build that I've played ~lvl 85-90 this league. Although my first league I have put a absolute ton of time into this league.

At this point im looking towards the drawing board and figuring something out for the next league and 3.2 where I will focus more on one build and hopefully get my first shaper kill.

I'll put this up as a learning experience. Not trying to bash the build at all, I'm sure there is a lot of success from a lot of people, this is just my personal experience and as I said it may be more or a learn to play issue and perhaps I'm in need of a more mechanically forgiving build while pushing end game content for the first time.

Any thoughts or suggestions to push me to the next level would be greatly appreciated. Right now I'm focusing on maxing out my gems and we'll see what happens next.

That's strange, I looked into your char. You have nice gears and all resist capped with 6k5 life, damage is decent as well, that should take down all game content with ease.
Maybe, just maybe, there are some mechanics that you don't understand, especially boss fights, there are certain bosses that can be very very dangerous with some certain map mods. (Once I mindlessly entered Minotaur with ele weakness curse, -maximum resist, monsters deal x% more damage as lightning, and oh boy, it literally obliterated every of my strongest characters, or fights with Uber Trio in Uber Atziri or in Vaal Temple, those need a lot of dodging and timing so yeah).

My suggestion, just grab more life for later levels and sustain Fortify at all time, bring a smoke flask to blind the Guardians, they really help. Best of luck.
Last edited by bananapanama1 on Feb 13, 2018, 5:12:28 AM
"
An elder helmet with "socketed attacks have 3% critical strike chance" and "Socketed gems are supported by concentrated effect" would be THE end game helmet for this build, Essentially being able to run a 6l bladeflurry for single target.

The enchant you would want would be 12% Increased reave radius.

Like this??

For sale in standard

add me @SleepyMia
Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
Last edited by SleepyBigod on Feb 14, 2018, 8:49:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info