Trade API Delays

Keep it like it is for now, at least for a couple of months / this league.

I think there are a lot of silly requests in this thread, of people claiming to miss the "opportunity" to "improve their programming skills" while playing PoE, blathering about "trade neutrality" or arguing that snipers do the community a favor by enabling other (non sniper tool) users the quick selling of items as well as maintaining the "true" value of items...right.

Quite a few people seem to be just pissed that they cant quickly flip items to wealth anymore.

"
thezensei wrote:

It was an analogy to highlight fairness and transparency ...

THIS is the most important thing. This person has it right.

There NEEDS to be fairness to all!

That is why you, GGG, should delay the API to EVERYONE! You can (of course, as the developer) keep your own trade website undelayed.

Then it is fair play for everyone!

Also, maybe increase thee delay even further. Why not 10 minutes?
"
CadsRawfry wrote:
"
thezensei wrote:

It was an analogy to highlight fairness and transparency ...

THIS is the most important thing. This person has it right.

There NEEDS to be fairness to all!

That is why you, GGG, should delay the API to EVERYONE! You can (of course, as the developer) keep your own trade website undelayed.

Then it is fair play for everyone!

Also, maybe increase thee delay even further. Why not 10 minutes?

the point is to give fair chance at sniping low cost items to people regardless of what trading site they use, not to make the api delay fair....
Last edited by kaboo on Dec 12, 2017, 7:38:49 AM
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
It's sad to see that the usually libertarianish freemarket meritocratic ideologies of GGG are finally getting skewered into the commie bullshit of favoritism, regulations, and unironically calling those two things 'fairness'.

you never read wealth of nations and base all your ideas on reddit posts by poli sci dropouts
"
killstealing wrote:
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
It's sad to see that the usually libertarianish freemarket meritocratic ideologies of GGG are finally getting skewered into the commie bullshit of favoritism, regulations, and unironically calling those two things 'fairness'.

you never read wealth of nations and base all your ideas on reddit posts by poli sci dropouts

Oh, the one by Adam Smith, whose economical literacy is pretty much on the level of said reddit dropouts?

https://mises.org/library/adam-smith-myth

https://mises.org/library/murray-rothbard-confronts-adam-smith

Never cite clowns like Adam Smith, Karl Marx or John Keynes in a serious tone, unless you're planning to turn the discussion into a joke.
Last edited by LaplaceNoMa on Dec 12, 2017, 10:25:52 AM
Ok, here's the deal. I hope GGG reads this; trading as it is currently with poe.trade is non-optimal. Some of the issues are layout: it's a pain to have 20 chrome instances open sucking up all the memory its very ineffecient. Sometimes it doesn't properly display which tab has updated when you hear the audio cue.

With an application written in C++ we have many opportunities to improve trading, having multiple items visible at once so you don't have to click each tab or even leave your game if it's something you can see from your 2nd monitor that you don't want. The poe.trade info entry layout is superior to GGG's official version and I have just gotten use to it, we should use the same layout of this in our program. Some useful options could include: settings for different audio cues, automatic copy to clipboard on item alert and highlighting item on screen, saved presets for item sets, integration with path of building could be possible allowing for them to communicate many useful features with one other. The possibilities are endless we just need someone to code it. Those of you who are against having third-party programs/desktop applications just don't understand the improvements that could be made over poe.trade.
"
gloat wrote:
Ok, here's the deal. I hope GGG reads this; trading as it is currently with poe.trade is non-optimal. Some of the issues are layout: it's a pain to have 20 chrome instances open sucking up all the memory its very ineffecient. Sometimes it doesn't properly display which tab has updated when you hear the audio cue.

With an application written in C++ we have many opportunities to improve trading, having multiple items visible at once so you don't have to click each tab or even leave your game if it's something you can see from your 2nd monitor that you don't want. The poe.trade info entry layout is superior to GGG's official version and I have just gotten use to it, we should use the same layout of this in our program. Some useful options could include: settings for different audio cues, automatic copy to clipboard on item alert and highlighting item on screen, saved presets for item sets, integration with path of building could be possible allowing for them to communicate many useful features with one other. The possibilities are endless we just need someone to code it. Those of you who are against having third-party programs/desktop applications just don't understand the improvements that could be made over poe.trade.

I can tell you that there are people (including myself) who thought about this, and refrained from it, due to a couple of things:

a) Obscure and limited documentation.
b) Favoritism (no offense, Chris - but from an outside perspective, I've thought about this too).
c) The whole debacle right now

If things settle, and we actually see some openness from GGG's side regarding this, I have some plans around improving trade user experience, for those who want it. But again, I'm not going to invest a bunch of time into something that has a clear disadvantage out of the gate - there's no point in spending time on something that nobody will use. And I am not just talking about the delay, same goes with the online-API. Ask poeapp how long it took for him to get access.

Not only "snipers" use the live search feature. Regular players do to, and if we can have a "sniper"-esque application, that can actually provide all of the trade functionality that you're used to with { insert your favorite indexer here }, then yeah - I think people would use it.
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
Never cite clowns like Adam Smith, Karl Marx or John Keynes in a serious tone, unless you're planning to turn the discussion into a joke.

https://mises.org/library/legalize-drunk-driving

Garbage. Do you adhere to this institute's viewpoints in day to day life?
"
killstealing wrote:
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:

https://mises.org/library/legalize-drunk-driving

Garbage. Do you adhere to this institute's viewpoints in day to day life?

Have you actually read the article you're linking? Or are you that used to getting the whole message from the article's header in your leftie 'news'?

And yes - I, just like any sane person, fully adhere to the viewpoints of regulations and any other infringements of freedom never being healthy or useful to society, as well as the viewpoints of total equality of opportunities inside a merit-based system.

Someone who brings something that is even more retarded than 'Capital' into the discussion and claims that regulations and favoritism are a good idea --

"
I think it's a little ridiculous people are describing a completely open API as a level playing field. It's not. It's an unregulated playing field involving a limited resource

-- wouldn't understand, most likely. I just can't stop being amazed at the wonderful irony that you seriously mention 'reddit economic class dropouts' while holding these second-rate already-spoiled commie views.
"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
Have you actually read the article you're linking? Or are you that used to getting the whole message from the article's header in your leftie 'news'?

What? It's a little over one page, and it's mainly just drivel about how driving drunk is a victimless crime (until you kill someone of course, at which point you ought to be punished accordingly, but preventing such deaths by forbidding driving while drunk would be tyranny.) It's an article without any rigor. It compares the punishment of DUI to racial profiling.

Just let that sink in. You think the sane position is the one espousing the view that a society would do better in every way without regulations or infringements of freedom, such as social rules, expectations, and everything else involving crazy things like 'safety standards' and 'probabilities'. Not just that, but according to you, an anarcho-capitalistic(?) view is the only sane one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info