Frame rate stuttering since 3.1

"
Seduction1996 wrote:
"Hello there,

Thanks for contacting us about this, and for letting us know.

I am truly sorry, but I'm afraid we're unable to assist further with this issue at this time, as our Customer Support department is currently overwhelmed with several thousand requests for support. I would recommend posting this on our Technical Support subforum, to see whether other players may be able to provide some assistance: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/support

I'm sorry we can't be of further assistance at this time.

Kind regards,
Rachel"

Not surprised tbh.

Edit: Checked my email, almost the exact same response. Right before typing this the game decided to crash. New mtx btw.
Last edited by lif44 on Dec 21, 2017, 1:37:53 AM
"
Sabiancym wrote:
Yep, I've tried everything. Game worked fine last patch, runs like crap now. The only thing that changed was the game.

There are all these posts and threads from people and yet others still insist on giving the same "advice" of updating drivers, changing settings, etc. That's not it. A problem this widespread can only be on GGGs end.

They refuse to even acknowledge it so far.

It is entirely possible that a change in the game results in an underlying problem, which already existed, being revealed suddenly. That includes marginal power supply or cooling pushed over the limit by new graphics, driver issues triggered by some sequence of GPU commands, etc.

It is also entirely possible, in fact likely, that there are a large number of problems at play concurrently, each of which looks vaguely similar on the outside, and which people then assume are all the "same really huge GGG problem", when they are really a bunch of much smaller problems.

For example, folks keep reporting that their system does an instant, hard reset because of the patch. Does yours? If not, why are there two different behaviours going on?

Anyway, to the advice: you get that because it may be effective. If you call your ISP about a network outage, they are gonna ask you "is your modem plugged in? is it turned on? what lights are showing?".

This isn't because they think you are an idiot, it is because the average person out there is an idiot, and doesn't think that "hey, power is out, modem can't work". Because here, on the Internet, we can't tell ahead of time, everyone gets these questions. Sometimes they solve things, sometimes not. If nobody suggests them, though, people will waste years of developer time because they screwed something up. Not you, of course, but other people - the idiots out there.

Finally, you say that a problem "this widespread" can only be on GGGs end, but ... even using extremely generous figures it is hard to account for more than one person in a thousand having problems. How do you account for the fact that of, say, the 42,000 people motivated enough to be in the queue at release time, only a few hundred here and on reddit are reporting these issues?

If the GGG systems really were the root cause, what do you speculate is the difference between people who do have frame rate stutters, and people who don't?
yes we do have some "MAY BE POTATO" specs, but i reckoned most of us do meet the recommended system requirements of the game , heck i can play other games full graphic settings , never the less. lets just wait for GGG to develop some alternative,

its a great game though but ugh , keep on dying on those 1-10fps stuttering then back to 60-100fps,sometimes crashing changing or map new, i wish named my characters as onlyLAGcankillME, CRASHeverywhere, NoFPSLOL,RLneverLAG

i read somewhere that chris is doing there best on fixing this problem not sure on reddit or here, lets just wait. there just maybe tired of doing this last expansion. may be on 3.2 or 3.1.1 Z
The lag is an illusion exile.

Nothing is as it seems...
+1

1gb 750ti
amd fx-8320E
windows 10

I get perfect FPS with I stand completely still and hit absolutely nothing. Moving, or being in combat makes the game completely unplayable. @GGG pls fix before the game dies.
I no longer need Keysus :D
"
RagingSpirit wrote:
Same problem with FPS drops on hit/cast. Just testing poe and figure out that my problem is any sources of life leech (blood rage, passives, etc.). Someone with similar fps drops can check it and share the results?

My PC config is:
-Windows 10 (1709)
-CPU FX-9370
-GPU R9 290
-RAM Corsair 8GB
-SSD OCZ Vertex 3
-Temperatures are fine.

With life leech

Without life leech

Yup it is life leech. I did some tests as well and got similar results.
FPS up from Oriath full with people 30fps to over a 100 after (haven't tested mapping just yet)

"
max_PS_shader_model=ps_4_0
max_VS_shader_model=vs_4_0

i get 10 fps instead the usual 60 any time a spell hits a mob, with

max_PS_shader_model=ps_2_0
max_VS_shader_model=vs_2_0

and

"
I'd strongly recommend you try turning off fullscreen optimizations and see if it helps (doubled my FPS in PUBG, another game hurt by Windows 10 update): https://mspoweruser.com/tip-fullscreen-optimizations-might-hurting-game-performance-windows-10/

so if any of you are still having issues try these two options first.
i have some problems too 1080 ti sea hawk ex i have :/ 32gb ram its saying poe is using %99GPU
what should i do?
"
AkaiTora91 wrote:
FPS up from Oriath full with people 30fps to over a 100 after (haven't tested mapping just yet)

"
max_PS_shader_model=ps_4_0
max_VS_shader_model=vs_4_0

i get 10 fps instead the usual 60 any time a spell hits a mob, with

max_PS_shader_model=ps_2_0
max_VS_shader_model=vs_2_0

and

"
I'd strongly recommend you try turning off fullscreen optimizations and see if it helps (doubled my FPS in PUBG, another game hurt by Windows 10 update): https://mspoweruser.com/tip-fullscreen-optimizations-might-hurting-game-performance-windows-10/

so if any of you are still having issues try these two options first.

Ive done both things, and it didn't help.
"
lif44 wrote:

Ive done both things, and it didn't help.

Keep trying stuff, the shader change may just reduce the load on some GPUS so that they have time to do the new wierd stuff from 3.1 , a workaround, not a fix...

The game is overall haphazardly (un)optimized so it might be anything...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info