Frame rate stuttering since 3.1

Windows 10 + GTX 1070 + Gsync + using the borderless display option.

I typically either have a framerate that sits at a stable 144 FPS during combat or drops to around 24 FPS, typically while standing still in the hub areas. My framerate seems to either be at one of those two extremes and rarely anywhere in-between. The only temporary solution I've found is to double-tap the Windows key from time to time and then suddenly my FPS maxes out again, or at least until I return to town again.
"
Yars wrote:
Windows 10 + GTX 1070 + Gsync + using the borderless display option.

I typically either have a framerate that sits at a stable 144 FPS during combat or drops to around 24 FPS, typically while standing still in the hub areas. My framerate seems to either be at one of those two extremes and rarely anywhere in-between. The only temporary solution I've found is to double-tap the Windows key from time to time and then suddenly my FPS maxes out again, or at least until I return to town again.

I'm almost certain that g-sync is causing you to drop to 24 fps at times.
Hi,
tried all of the stuff from the thread but didn't improved anything.

While playing with my old card (7850) it happened from time to time, but because that thing was so old I never thought about anything but the card.

Now running a GTX 970 (yes, the one with the GRAM issue) and I still have these issues.
Checking MSI Afterburner shows that POE directly goes for full GRAM - and I don't know why.
Tested a lot other games and they stayed mostly below 2GB.. so why is POE so GRAM thristy?

Idling in my ho atm is 3,3GB with only 42fps!
Check all graphic settings, but it doesn't make any difference if I run high, low or no quality at all.

That's a bit weird.
I rolled back to earlier version of GPU driver(378.92) and game is pretty much fixed.

It was sooo bad on the newest driver, even trading was hard. Stuttering everywhere for no reason whatsoever. Stutters were usually followed by audio buzz as well. I thought my PC was gonna RIP for real.

@GGG we still have "normal" FPS drops when engaging with mobs. It drops way too low. Playable but not smooth.
(dont forget burning ground as well when working on optimization, that thing is OP. NERF burning ground!)

Looks like my game is going through cardiac arrest.

Don't mind the ping, its usually much more stable and has nothing to do with this issue since I know people want to find excuses for the game.
Last edited by ZombieOtter on Jan 14, 2018, 2:10:37 AM
Really bad performance without Multithreading, another thing that might help is forcing the PhysX on the gpu in the nvidia control panel.
The thing with multithreading is that i get game crashes, but the fps is much better.
Before i had drops from 60 to 30-20....
I have a farily new gaming PC and never had any issues with PoE.
Somwhere around yesterday 8PM I've been getting stuttering and even a couple of crashes.

Edit:
Disabling "Dynamic Resolution" seems to have fixed it for now. I don't remember ever turning that on in the first place.
Last edited by WingsOfDomain on Jan 14, 2018, 9:13:56 AM
I've had similar experiences to many described already. Pre-3.1 I was at 60 FPS most of the time. Post-3.1, FPS is all over the place and most of the time is doing the 30/60 stuttering jigsaw dance, making game-play quite sucky.

I've tried most of the relevant solutions here and elsewhere and none have worked. Disabling the Windows full-screen optimization resulted in a flat 30 FPS most of the time, pretty much halving what I had before 3.1.

The only thing I've found that (sometimes?) works is to disable anti-aliasing. I say sometimes, because I haven't tested extensively yet.

I'm running an i3 3250, 8 GB RAM, nVidia 750 GTX, Windows 10 64-bit, DX 11, 1920 x 1080 full-screen and second monitor idle on Windows desktop, VSync on, Engine multithreading on, and settings as they were pre-3.1.
Hey guys,
I had the same problem since this patch (no issues or crashes before, 3.1 has been terrible to me).

I'm running the game on
i7-6700k
16GB of RAM
Geforce 980Ti

so it should be plenty. In fullscreen I hit about 250-300fps, in windowed fullscreen around 170.
For the past few days I had these frame spikes like in ZombieOtter's picture where it would jump between 30fps and 170fps, the frame times were spikey like that too.

I tried installing the graphics drivers anew and figured it would be a problem with Gsync or maybe preloading (tried --noasync which helped a bit before).

After fiddling around with the settings for a bit I seem to have fixed it by doing this:

a)shutting down f.lux
b)setting the game to fullscreen then back to windowed fullscreen

now my fps are stable again.
Hope this helps other people as well.
@IcantHear: I use f.lux as well, but I've disabled it for full-screen programs and I run PoE fullscreen. Did you have it enabled for full-screen programs?

You set it full-screen and then windowed, and then leave it windowed to play?
Last edited by SabreWolfy on Jan 15, 2018, 3:06:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info