Frame rate stuttering since 3.1

+1, GTX 970 here
+1

4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (EVGA)
Intel Core i7 6800K
32GB RAM
Samsung SSD 960 EVO 550GB M.2
Windows 10

Stable FPS until I try to hit a mob, then down to 20, then stable.
IGN: Nano
Last edited by NanoDestiny on Dec 18, 2017, 9:23:42 AM
Ok guys you might not believe me but hear me out.

I never had any FPS issue with the game at any time, I think, until yesterday.

I was so confused because it was the first time that it happened to me and I couldn't find a fix. And what surprised me the most is that even if I lowered the graphic settings at the lowest I would still get FPS issue.

This morning, I decided to get back my graphic settings to what they usualy were (MAX,High), and TADA !
It's at this moment that I remembered, yesterday, I put some settings to "low" because for stupid reasons and I forgot about it.

(TL,DR) So, guys, try to put some settings to High and see if it fix your issues. I hope my story help.
Last edited by Golden_Ant on Dec 18, 2017, 6:21:11 AM
"
Golden_Ant wrote:

(TL,DR) So, guys, try to put some settings to High and see if it fix your issues. I hope my story help.

While I am glad your FPS is fine now, I must say that this did not work for me.

I went through all setting combinations I could think of using the in-game menu. I also have not changed anything in the past 72 hours in regards to these settings, while my FPS has been awful for at least the last 24.
IGN: Nano
"
sacklbicka wrote:
I just loaded 378.92 nVidia driver and it got even worse. Bigger frame drops and more frequent. It's playable but annoying without Vsync. With Vsync on, frames drop down to 15 every few seconds.

Shader cache is on by default, dynamic resolution off, engine multithreading off, DX 11

@georgepine:
I'm also playing penta-golem like you but this ain't the problem. Hideout without any kind of effects running causes frame drops and sometimes when all 5 goles start spamming fireballs all over the screen I happen to have great fps. At least for a short time.

Win 10 prof x64
Intel Xeon E-1230 v3
Gtx 1070
16Gb Ram
SSD

I'm now playing the game like it's 3.0x again.

I've gone back to 388.31 but with one change I didn't know about.

--nopreload

Although a lot of users seem to suggest only if you have a SSD; I don't think it's mandatory, however.

If you are using DX11, you have to use Multi-threading. There's no way out it.

Incidentally, I'm on Win7 Pro 64bit - I noticed a lot of user problems with Win10. It could mean nothing.

Definitely feels like GGG have done something behind the scenes than announce that they've resolved a GPU-detect bug in the 3.1x code...

There's one other thing you could do... and that is if you have a LCD monitor that works at 50hz instead of 60hz (which I've just done, because I have a nVidia 660Ti). So in the 64bit Game Client, you set its Vsync On (as normal) and don't enable Dynamic Vsync.

We could go on all day about 60-144hz and why it's important to games, but it's not. You can game at 50fps and 50hz and you'd have a hard time noticing the drop from 60hz. I prefer 60hz, but nothing above it. If I had to, I'd go to 50hz if it made a difference to consistent performance for low-end PC gamers.

Gamers who advocate 144hz gaming are playing into the technical marketing of BS* - that's kind of f* up PC gaming as it stands.
+

Stable FPS until I try to hit a mob, then down to 5-15.
GGG maybe some answer? Like - "we know about problem, we working".
We all wanna play, why u dont see us?
"
Seduction1996 wrote:

If you want a personal answer, email GGG support and they will give you one. The forums are "read mostly" for GGG: they are reading these reports, but rarely respond directly other than in cases where email is necessary.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Seduction1996 wrote:

If you want a personal answer, email GGG support and they will give you one. The forums are "read mostly" for GGG: they are reading these reports, but rarely respond directly other than in cases where email is necessary.

If only I had such a problem, I would not say anything. But the problem is massive and it should be reacted to.
And I did not ask for an answer from you.

But you gave me a good idea, perhaps I will write them an email right now. Bye.
Last edited by Seduction1996 on Dec 18, 2017, 12:11:43 PM
"
Seduction1996 wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Seduction1996 wrote:

If only I had such a problem, I would not say anything. But the problem is massive and it should be reacted to.
And I did not ask for an answer from you. Bye.

You are, of course, absolutely welcome to your opinion on what GGG should do. I'm pretty sure that you will find, despite your perception, that these issues are only hitting a very small minority of players though. It just looks "massive" because people who don't have a problem don't come to the tech support forum to post "yah, the game runs just fine, 144FPS everywhere" and all. :)

As to whom you asked to answer, this is a public forum, and player to player support is a significant part of it.

Given that, if you explicitly don't want answers from other players, I'd suggest emailing GGG support directly - which entirely eliminates the possibility that a player will respond - or stating explicitly something like "PS: I don't want to hear anything from other players, despite posting in an open thread in a public forum, because I enjoy getting angry at GGG for not answering so much."
Last edited by SlippyCheeze on Dec 18, 2017, 12:12:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info