Frame rate stuttering since 3.1

I am having the same issues with the game locking in around 30fps with some spikes, but when playing in windowed fullscreen and clicking onto chrome on my secondary monitor, fps in game goes back to normal, i.e. locked in at 60 fps with vsync, hits ~140 fps with vsync off. But when clicking back into game window fps drops back down to 30. I would love to hear ideas about this one.

Edit: It seems that updating the Nvidia driver solved my issues...at least for now.
Last edited by Quirivol on Dec 14, 2017, 11:09:10 PM
I just loaded 378.92 nVidia driver and it got even worse. Bigger frame drops and more frequent. It's playable but annoying without Vsync. With Vsync on, frames drop down to 15 every few seconds.

Shader cache is on by default, dynamic resolution off, engine multithreading off, DX 11

@georgepine:
I'm also playing penta-golem like you but this ain't the problem. Hideout without any kind of effects running causes frame drops and sometimes when all 5 goles start spamming fireballs all over the screen I happen to have great fps. At least for a short time.

Win 10 prof x64
Intel Xeon E-1230 v3
Gtx 1070
16Gb Ram
SSD
Having the same issues.
When vsync is on I have no stutters but the game run at a constant 30 fps.
With vsync off it runs at 60 fps but it stutters constantly. Hit a mob? 30 fps and a second later back to 60 and so forth.

The game worked perfectly for me in harbinger league. Now it's a pain to play.

i7 3770. Gtx 1070. 16gb ram. Windows 10, latest gpu drivers
Gonna have to throw my annoyance with this issue in with the rest of yours. Tried a few different driver versions, tried everything with the PoE client I possibly could, tinkered with every option in the nVidia control panel. No differences in performance for me; consistent framerate spiking.
Throwing my hat in here as well. Using a 1060 and the game goes from pretty bad to unplayable at times since the patch.
Hi,

Game played fine in 3.0 at constant 60 FPS for me. I did not change any setting compared to the last version and It has been a noticeable difference between the two clients.

In 3.1, I am noticing severe frame drops in crowded areas with lots of eye candy (burning ground, etc). Also experiencing FPS stutters seemingly randomly.

So I'm talking about very frequent map situations with a few packs on screen, maybe shocking ground, some explosions.

I am playing borderless windowed mode, VSYNC on and DirectX 11.
Turning VSYNC off did not help for me, created some screen tearing, very heavy FPS drops and heavy FPS stuttering.

NVIDIA Panel tells me this game should run with everything way high up. I just think this is poor optimization. I hope they fix it and sympathize with people who don't have the most current of machines.

My settings :
Shadow Quality: High
AA: MSAA*8
Texture Quality: High
16* Ani
Lighting Quality: High
Post processing: True
Engine MultiT: True
DirectX: 11

My Rig:
Z170-Gaming K3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz,
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16,0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Driver Version 23.21.13.8813
SSD HD

Any assistance from GGG is appreciated. I don't see myself spending any more money on this version as is.

All I can say is me too. Gonna have to give it up if it doesn't improve.
I've finally had enough. This new expansion had rendered the game unplayable. Sadly I've uninstalled PoE until I've got a better machine and things get fixed by GGG.
I'm still experiencing stuttering but have massively improved my frames by upping all of my settings. I don't know whether this is just a freak thing for my own computer or if it will work for others. I used to run the game with everything on low, even graphics dialed down manually in the ini and was getting half the frames than I do now with everything on max.

My hardware and settings:

zotac 1050ti mini, i5-2500k OC @4.1Ghz, 8gb ram

Resolution downscaled to 1600x900 from 1920x1080
Fullscreen
Rest on maximum
Post processing ON
Engine Multi ON
DX9ex

In Nvidia control panel:

Set relevant stuff to "Application Controlled"
Last edited by SuccYE on Dec 17, 2017, 9:56:31 PM
Same with me, stutter to around 30-40 fps from stable 60 on a gtx 1070 4gb and intel i7-4700k. Been like this since Atlas of worlds dropped. Even playing the game on an ssd. Been in contact with support a long time, no fixes and no real answers (just a lot of excuses and quotes about "we are working on it").

GGG please work on optimizing and fix this issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info