[3.1] [Budget-Friendly] Arcane's Name of The Fire - Molten Strike Slayer [Shaper Down!]

"
Krovah wrote:
Alright guys, so I've done a lot of work with this build to try and flesh it out a bit more for the end game.

Basically, this is what I'm currently running.

The Devoto's Devotion is mostly just an experiment at the moment, I'll be comparing it with a "3 Additional Molten Strike Projectiles" Hrimnor's Resolve when I acquire one. One thing I'd highly recommend is taking a strong look at your gem links.

My current six-link set up is Molten Strike - Multistrike - Ancestral Call (Swapped with Fire Pen for bosses) - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect. Added Fire over Multistrike is a pure downgrade in my opinion. Multistrike adds a huge quality of life boon to the build and in my personal opinion creates a smoother play style.

I'd also heavily advice against using Added Fire in your Nga axe and consider using Greater Multiple Projectiles. If you take a look around at other builds using this weapon, it's easily the most popular and is generally considered "mandatory" for damage and utility.

Also, since your Flammability - Herald of Ash set up won't work (Herald of Ash is does not count as a hit so Curse on Hit will not apply the curse), I've switched over to a Cast When Damage Taken - Flammability setup and included Vaal Haste for major boss DPS.

So far I've cleared up to T15 maps and it's been destroying everything in my path. Before I made these changes though I was struggling to get my foot in the atlas. I've been playing with Nga for a few leagues now, so I like to think I have a good amount of experience and knowledge on the play style.

In my original build, I had both, multistrike in MS and GMP in Ngamahu's, I changed Multistrike for Added Fire, because I can't stand the fact that I can not move while the 3 attacks are ongoing and it often caused me to screw up at some point - also, with Multistrike, our balls lose 110k of DMG.

I removed GMP from Ngamahu's, because I find having less balls and more ball DMG better for bosses, since we don't need Ngamahu's so much for clearing in general - Cyclone builds often use GMP, because they use Molten Strike for clearing. But I didn't test the difference between those 2, I just think that having 3 balls with high dmg from which all 3 hit the boss is better than having 7 with lower dmg balls from which also 3 hit the boss.

Anyways, I'll test both versions and see how they do.

~Tested Multistrike, it seems to work much more better, since we generate insane amount of molten strike projectiles and both, clearspeed and boss dmg, are very good. Will change it back.
~I am strill not sure about molten Burst GMP

"
xKhoasx wrote:
Would getting a Kaom's Heart work better than the Belly if Ngamahu's is 6 linked?

No, it wouldn't. even 5l Belly with Molten Strike would probably have more all-around DMG - With 6l Ngamahu's, you can't use skills that affect purely Molten Strike (Multistrike for example), therefore, you lose some portion of DMG not to mention that you will not have 7l Molten Burst. But it's doable and would probably work, but you would have lower damage.
Last edited by Arcane225 on Dec 13, 2017, 10:10:27 AM
On your guide you talk about getting Avatar of Fire, but I'm not sure what the point of that is for this build. Molten Strike + Ngamahu already converts 100% of your phys damage to fire; all I can tell that you're doing by getting AoF is disabling your ability to get boosts from alternative sources such as Hatred, Atziri's Promise, and Taste of Hate.

"
SorakPoE wrote:
On your guide you talk about getting Avatar of Fire, but I'm not sure what the point of that is for this build. Molten Strike + Ngamahu already converts 100% of your phys damage to fire; all I can tell that you're doing by getting AoF is disabling your ability to get boosts from alternative sources such as Hatred, Atziri's Promise, and Taste of Hate.

We don't really need Atziri's Promise, Hatred is a no since we already have 75% reservation of our mana. The build is purely Fire DMG, hence the name of it. We will have the Avatar of Fire anyway, since essential part of the build IS xoph's blood and we are actually trying to use items that scale Fire Damage. That is why. I also am not sure about Molten Burst.

no vac pack is good or not
So I've gone ahead and created a quick run through a Tier 12 Racecourse map with my current setup so people can have a good idea of what to expect in the end game. The build performs just as well in Tier 15 maps, but I've yet to test it on guardians.

"
"
Krovah wrote:
So I've gone ahead and created a quick run through a Tier 12 Racecourse map with my current setup so people can have a good idea of what to expect in the end game. The build performs just as well in Tier 15 maps, but I've yet to test it on guardians.

"

Thank you for this, will stick it to the main thread.
Alright so I went ahead and gave the Hydra fight a shot and it went pretty well. I died once because I was handling my life flasks poorly while also face-tanking a lot of damage just to see what my limits were. I'd say the fight went very quick when you consider the map had 42% more monster life on it!

"
Hey! I'm currently trying out this build and I was curious what pantheons would be optimal for this setup?
Hi guys,

running almost the same build.
As I don't have Ubrlab jet i was wondering if Headsman is really worth it.

50% reduced physical reflect is worthless
20% more damage when killed recently is nice but we don't really need the damage for mapping
15% increased AE won't really help us either

"
Hypnotized331 wrote:
Hey! I'm currently trying out this build and I was curious what pantheons would be optimal for this setup?

Depends on the playstyle, if you want to try and facetank bosses you would probably want to take Soul of Solaris and Soul of Tukohama. It really depends, pantheons are a lot about your playstyle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info