[3.1] [Budget-Friendly] Arcane's Name of The Fire - Molten Strike Slayer [Shaper Down!]

"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Hey man, I'll add this guide to the list, but please consider an other color scheme. I had a really hard time reading it.

The yellow is fine, but the dark red is a no go ;( (In fact I needed to play with the saturation of my screen to be able to read it. Yes I have bad eyes.)

Nice to read colors would be:
"

Example
Example
Example (please don't)
Example

Thank you and done. ^^
Thank you, now its waaaaay better :)
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Anyone have an update to how well this is doing in MAPS and how far along they've gotten (highest map with decent clear speed/boss issues?)
Hey man, so in case you did not know Flammability will not work with Herald of Ash. Herald of Ash does not count as a "hit" when it deals damage so the curse is never applied.
"
Krovah wrote:
Hey man, so in case you did not know Flammability will not work with Herald of Ash. Herald of Ash does not count as a "hit" when it deals damage so the curse is never applied.

Didn't realize that, thanks.
"
mnorthrop13 wrote:
Anyone have an update to how well this is doing in MAPS and how far along they've gotten (highest map with decent clear speed/boss issues?)

I am currently in tier 5 maps, since I am not playing much right now, lvl 75, 3 labs done. Doing just fine, mostly deathless, most of my deaths are stupid mistakes.

I am afraid that the build won't have that much survivability in the end-game, may look into it during weekend, no time right now.
"
mnorthrop13 wrote:

I'm currently 81 doing t8 rares on a 4 link. My build is similar to OP's but not quite the same. Point is MS with ngamahu's is quite strong and ancestral call makes the clear speed quite good honestly. Bosses I switch in fire pen for ancestral call and they just melt. I'm even using enfeeble over flammability right now to help solve some of my poor gear issues so once I can actually use flam the damage will get crazy. OP has a nice spin on this build. I'd recommend.
Hey man, so you should seriously consider replacing Added Fire Damage with Multistrike. It barely effects your tooltip dps but greatly improves the quality of life when using this skill. I'd also remove Added Fire Damage from your Ngamahu's and replace it with Greater Multiple Projectiles.
Would getting a Kaom's Heart work better than the Belly if Ngamahu's is 6 linked?
Alright guys, so I've done a lot of work with this build to try and flesh it out a bit more for the end game.

Basically, this is what I'm currently running.

The Devoto's Devotion is mostly just an experiment at the moment, I'll be comparing it with a "3 Additional Molten Strike Projectiles" Hrimnor's Resolve when I acquire one. One thing I'd highly recommend is taking a strong look at your gem links.

My current six-link set up is Molten Strike - Multistrike - Ancestral Call (Swapped with Fire Pen for bosses) - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect. Added Fire over Multistrike is a pure downgrade in my opinion. Multistrike adds a huge quality of life boon to the build and in my personal opinion creates a smoother play style.

I'd also heavily advice against using Added Fire in your Nga axe and consider using Greater Multiple Projectiles. If you take a look around at other builds using this weapon, it's easily the most popular and is generally considered "mandatory" for damage and utility.

Also, since your Flammability - Herald of Ash set up won't work (Herald of Ash is does not count as a hit so Curse on Hit will not apply the curse), I've switched over to a Cast When Damage Taken - Flammability setup and included Vaal Haste for major boss DPS.

So far I've cleared up to T15 maps and it's been destroying everything in my path. Before I made these changes though I was struggling to get my foot in the atlas. I've been playing with Nga for a few leagues now, so I like to think I have a good amount of experience and knowledge on the play style.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info