Derba's Hardcore Ethereal Knives Witch [0.10.2][EB, IR, Unwavering]

213% increased maximum life, you'll be quite squishy.
"
Lovepove wrote:

Doesn't look worth it to me. Elemental Adaptation might be worth it at like 90+ but the Marauder points don't seem worth it to me. You are giving up 60% max life and 52% armor for 1.5% life regen and crit reduction.
IGN: Derba_
Last edited by BrentQuest on Mar 12, 2013, 8:16:22 PM
"
BrentQuest wrote:
"
Lovepove wrote:

Doesn't look worth it to me. Elemental Adaptation might be worth it at like 90+ but the Marauder points don't seem worth it to me. You are giving up 60% max life and 52% armor for 1.5% life regen and crit reduction.

Yeah after some thinking I agree, going to be aiming for adaptation at late levels but just sticking to your build for now.
very intrigued to try this. ill keep u posted on how it worked out
Ok, i wanna try an EK Witch, but i really dont like the chase for IR and US, since its so far away in the builds :( Since i wanna use armour gear, i dont think IR is needed, but US - not getting stunned, well i didnt hit maps with neither of my toons, so i dont know how MUCH importaqnt it is in endgame, but i didnt had any problems with it would it be Rhohas or chargers, since i move alot and dont stand and tank + i like to use skelly totem and zombies for distraction. I would really love to hear a opinion on the stun factor in end game :) So all in all, ive came up with this build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMHYwelCPQMfRB_ES0kPCepKPosnDGIOuE74UGHSVFJsk3jVytabWKsbRl5A3q4fIN_xoIQgh6Cx4jxi3qOvqFtoqOmV6crp1ypbqxZrpO18rc-uJPAVMHzxp7Grs361p3bC9-w4vfnY-vu8kX-Cv6PPC3E9ift892nCI9G0NDPZVXGHRT60jbp42pmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxKmVUWBwfU99gFbxdn5ZwBqQVaeEGjjsODrYTdiMdp48gW8EsxRNogACcSSqGYUWb9rdc1ODOJ2AYG3wHw==

These are the stats from ExilePro:

Spoiler

Keystone
Eldritch Battery: Converts all Energy Shield to Mana

Stats
+240 to Strength
+60 to Dexterity
+220 to Intelligence

Life
296% increased maximum Life
+30 to maximum Life
1% of Life Regenerated per Second

Mana
20% increased maximum Mana
80% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+20 to maximum Mana
7% reduced Mana Cost of Skills

Spell Damage
18% increased Spell Damage

Resistance
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance
+20% to all Elemental Resistances
+30% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
+16% to Chaos Resistance

Cast Speed
15% increased Cast Speed

Armour
104% increased Armour

Energy Shield
10% increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery
138% increased maximum Energy Shield

Shield Block
7% additional Shield Block Chance

Misc
30% increased Effect of Buffs on You
35% increased Defences from equipped Shield

The build has 60 less strength and 30 less dex, more life % increase but looses 1,5% life regen sadly, it has much more resistances + Elemental Adaptation, so capped would be 80%, running Purity - 84% max? + 6% increased cast speed, increased armour is the same, mana regen - the same, you have 60% inreased maximum mana, i have 20%, but instead i have massive 138% increased ES, you have only 34% - and since im pretty new to this game and dont really know how the EB works exactly - who would end up with more mana? You with 60% mana increase or me with the 138% ES increase? I would really appretiate some critic on this build, how would the mana look like, is the additional 1,5% life regen so important, how would it work out not getting Iron Reflexes/Unwavering Stance? And 1 more explanation would be awesome - below the big HP cluster, left from Duelist start - there are 2 nodes each with "5% reduced mana reserved" - how does it affect the % auras? Would it be - when an aura reserves 40% mana then with those nodes it would only take 30%(40%-10%)? Or 36%(40%-4%)?
"
ARKANOiiDe wrote:
Ok, i wanna try an EK Witch, but i really dont like the chase for IR and US, since its so far away in the builds :( Since i wanna use armour gear, i dont think IR is needed, but US - not getting stunned, well i didnt hit maps with neither of my toons, so i dont know how MUCH importaqnt it is in endgame, but i didnt had any problems with it would it be Rhohas or chargers, since i move alot and dont stand and tank + i like to use skelly totem and zombies for distraction. I would really love to hear a opinion on the stun factor in end game :) So all in all, ive came up with this builda
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMHYwelCPQMfRB_ES0kPCepKPosnDGIOuE74UGHSVFJsk3jVytabWKsbRl5A3q4fIN_xoIQgh6Cx4jxi3qOvqFtoqOmV6crp1ypbqxZrpO18rc-uJPAVMHzxp7Grs361p3bC9-w4vfnY-vu8kX-Cv6PPC3E9ift892nCI9G0NDPZVXGHRT60jbp42pmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxKmVUWBwfU99gFbxdn5ZwBqQVaeEGjjsODrYTdiMdp48gW8EsxRNogACcSSqGYUWb9rdc1ODOJ2AYG3wHw==

These are the stats from ExilePro:

Spoiler

Keystone
Eldritch Battery: Converts all Energy Shield to Mana

Stats
+240 to Strength
+60 to Dexterity
+220 to Intelligence

Life
296% increased maximum Life
+30 to maximum Life
1% of Life Regenerated per Second

Mana
20% increased maximum Mana
80% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+20 to maximum Mana
7% reduced Mana Cost of Skills

Spell Damage
18% increased Spell Damage

Resistance
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+5% to maximum Cold Resistance
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance
+20% to all Elemental Resistances
+30% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
+16% to Chaos Resistance

Cast Speed
15% increased Cast Speed

Armour
104% increased Armour

Energy Shield
10% increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery
138% increased maximum Energy Shield

Shield Block
7% additional Shield Block Chance

Misc
30% increased Effect of Buffs on You
35% increased Defences from equipped Shield

The build has 60 less strength and 30 less dex, more life % increase but looses 1,5% life regen sadly, it has much more resistances + Elemental Adaptation, so capped would be 80%, running Purity - 84% max? + 6% increased cast speed, increased armour is the same, mana regen - the same, you have 60% inreased maximum mana, i have 20%, but instead i have massive 138% increased ES, you have only 34% - and since im pretty new to this game and dont really know how the EB works exactly - who would end up with more mana? You with 60% mana increase or me with the 138% ES increase? I would really appretiate some critic on this build, how would the mana look like, is the additional 1,5% life regen so important, how would it work out not getting Iron Reflexes/Unwavering Stance? And 1 more explanation would be awesome - below the big HP cluster, left from Duelist start - there are 2 nodes each with "5% reduced mana reserved" - how does it affect the % auras? Would it be - when an aura reserves 40% mana then with those nodes it would only take 30%(40%-10%)? Or 36%(40%-4%)?

That much %ES isn't needed. Also %mana stacks multiplicatively with %ES with EB so a little will go a long way. If you want to run another 40% mana aura you will need well over 3k mana which would still take insane gear or a sacrifice of a lot of armor.

The real issue here is reflect at levels 80+. You really can't beat Iron Reflexes + Grace + Determination for armor efficiency. For like 20% life you are giving this up to gain Elemental Adaptation. Elemental damage should not be a problem late game. The only instance it would be super helpful is if you are doing a suicidal map any way. (minus max resistances) If you can still manage to pull off 20k armor without granite then more power to you. Also there are some wasted points you can avoid by optimizing your build. If you really wanna go that route it's basically the same as Mullet's EK build.

You save 2 points just by doing this. Also you shouldn't need the %resist with shields passives once you acquire enough gear.

Also for reduced reservation: 10% reduced of 40% is 36%.
Last edited by BrentQuest on Mar 16, 2013, 8:46:49 AM
Thank you very much for the feedback and optimizing the build :) Have one more question - if the EK dmg is so great late game, whats your opinion on Vaal Pact? In late game i could just dump the 1% life regen in the Templar tree and pick VP, throw in a Life Leech gem, and more life leech on gear, running around just with Granites and Sapphire flasks?
Last edited by ARKANOiiDe on Mar 16, 2013, 12:34:02 PM
Sorry was gone for like a week. Vaal Pact is just too risky. I'd be hard pressed to give up my instant pots. The problem with Vaal pact is you need to attack to gain life so if you get low say from a rhoa charge or two you have to risk attacking or leave the game. It also makes some maps mods a lot more annoying like chaos dmg per second.
Last edited by BrentQuest on Mar 22, 2013, 1:46:36 PM
Any point in running setup like this in softcore? I mean it seems to be mostly focused on surviving, even to the point of watching out for too much dmg to not kill yourself on reflects. So makes me wonder how the "carebear-HC-survival" build like this compares to for example Lightning Arrow build and such when it comes to dmg on clearing maps, and is it worth it to try this build on softcore in endgame map scenario.

It does seem kinda fun to be tanky and up-close-and-personal with witch atleast in theory so intrested in trying something like this one out perhaps.
Last edited by Animistic on Mar 22, 2013, 9:27:15 PM
"
Animistic wrote:
Any point in running setup like this in softcore? I mean it seems to be mostly focused on surviving, even to the point of watching out for too much dmg to not kill yourself on reflects. So makes me wonder how the "carebear-HC-survival" build like this compares to for example Lightning Arrow build and such when it comes to dmg on clearing maps, and is it worth it to try this build on softcore in endgame map scenario.

It does seem kinda fun to be tanky and up-close-and-personal with witch atleast in theory so intrested in trying something like this one out perhaps.

It's very viable in SC. EK is definitely one of the strongest solo builds out there. It's strength is that you don't really need any damage nodes to make it strong, it already is with the right support gems. This build just focuses on not getting 1 shot which only really becomes a liability at later levels.
Last edited by BrentQuest on Mar 23, 2013, 12:02:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info