6-socket Orb of Fusing Community Log (done)

restarted playing after one year break - this time on hardcore only

As the first 6S started to drop I choosed to "waste" one fus and sell the crap afterwards.

Anyway, approx after 50 tries/item-founds I got this ...

and almost felt off my chair.

/true story

ps: now chaosspamming, but I guess I wont get any decent roll with itemlevel 68 :(

Last edited by Murtough on Feb 3, 2014, 12:20:55 PM

21 fuses 6 Link.

lulwat???!

Originally had a 6L cloak i bought for 14ex, but then sold it when i saw a dude on tradechat offering 10EX + a void battery for a 6L cloak of defiance ( couldn't pass that deal up!!)

So ive been without a body armour for a week or so now, spam tradechat looking for another 6L but they pretty rare.Had the option of buying a 5L for 4ex or a 6S for 1.5ex, so i buckled, bought the 6S and 87 fuses and hoped against hope that i'd hit a 5L to give me something to wear while ill hunt for a 6L.

I read about this armourers mumbo jumbo and thought i'd give it a try.Keep in mind this is the first time i have ever tried to 5L something (had a bad feeling after spending 25ish fuses for a simple 4L)

So i went 5% quality for 16 fuses, then i went 4 fuses with no armourers (just cause, i dunno why), then went 5% again one more time and BOOM, achievement unlocked, 6 Linked.

tl:dr

USE ARMOURERS!!

P.S. feels good man, especially after using approx 350 chroms to get a simple 3off colour BBRG roll on an alpha's howl.
Last edited by csjibbs on Feb 5, 2014, 11:57:05 PM
<delete this post thx>
Last edited by zaratull on Feb 6, 2014, 4:48:14 PM
Hey. Want to give a contribution and hopefully good news in the end. Got a chest as a 5L. For quite sometime I've been playing with it... until I got a stash with 700 fusing orbs and some armourer's scraps.

Started to gamble to have some fun and to challenge my luck. So I used the first 2 fuses with 20% quality and got nothing. Gave up on scrapping everytime and just spent the other 698 fuses: got 5L 5 times and 0 6L.

Now I have fuses again (1100 total) and managed to get 1200 armourer's scraps to get back into play. I'll try the first 10 fuses with 10% quality and the rest with 1% quality. Hope I get the 6L. After everything, I'll just update this post. Wish me luck.

Last edited by opethsland on Feb 7, 2014, 3:23:38 PM
"
opethsland wrote:
Hey. Want to give a contribution and hopefully good news in the end. Got a chest as a 5L. For quite sometime I've been playing with it... until I got a stash with 700 fusing orbs and some armourer's scraps.

Started to gamble to have some fun and to challenge my luck. So I used the first 2 fuses with 20% quality and got nothing. Gave up on scrapping everytime and just spent the other 698 fuses: got 5L 5 times and 0 6L.

Now I have fuses again (1100 total) and managed to get 1200 armourer's scraps to get back into play. I'll try the first 10 fuses with 10% quality and the rest with 1% quality. Hope I get the 6L. After everything, I'll just update this post. Wish me luck.

So after 1200 armourer's scraps and 1023 fusing orbs I decided to stop the gambling.

I tried with 1%, 2%, 5%, 8%, 10% and 20% quality several times and didn't notice any difference between 1% or 20%. Sometimes with 1% just after a 20% attempt I got a 4L from a 1L. It's just pure luck.

I had 5L a total of 6 times. Stopped when I got the sixth with only 77 fuses to spare. I could keep trying but spending 1100 fuses and getting nothing again would be way too painful and frustrating. Only I know how difficult it was to gather all the fuses and scraps.

Don't even want to make any more commentary. It's just useless. The fact is I just lost tons of currency and time into a not even funny silly little mental torture.

Here's the chest, by the way and how it ended (maybe I can get some currency back selling it):

Last edited by opethsland on Feb 7, 2014, 3:24:22 PM
This thread is ridiculous; I can't believe this game would have such terrible odds for this to happen.

In my opinion, it should not require more than 100 fuses, ever, to reach 5L in a 5sock armor and it should never ever ever require more than 300 to reach 6L in a 6socket armor.

What is this, diablo3?

77 fusings used
4L or less = 76 times
5l = 0
6l = 1

Never used armourers scraps btw.

P.S. Its iLevel 79, bought it today 6S from a person who told me that he spent a fortune trying to get it to something. Dont know exactly how much he spent though, but I would add it if I knew.
Last edited by delloff on Feb 10, 2014, 2:20:41 PM

Fusings used:1412

6L: 1
Last edited by Zk250 on Feb 12, 2014, 2:54:52 PM
Hi,
Thought I would make a small contribution. I very carefully counted each fusing. Every time I scrapped my armor to 20%

I used a total of 826 fusing to hit my 6-L.
In the mean time, I hit 5-L 8 times in there, each with the following number of fusing (from smallest number of 5-L to largest):

8, 12, 34, 47, 51, 68, 87, 262

257 fusing on the final 6-L attempt for a total of 826

Final 6-L product:

5-L 'accidents':
IGN: IskyOfTheSea

539 fuses

5L: 5
6L: 0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info