Sound bugs: Not hearing loot filter and other things

Hello,

Quite often (most of the time), I don't hear my loot filter sounds. This is very worrying.

Also, my Flesh Offering fails to produce it's sound too, like half the time.

I'm a spectre build with Victario's charity and zombies.

I played with my sound settings and I couldn't find a fix (channel count, reverb etc.).

Edit: This seems to only happen during combat (but this is the time when the loot drops.. even offscreen sometimes).
Last edited by thyrokio on Dec 9, 2017, 3:53:42 PM
Last bumped on Jan 3, 2018, 10:18:20 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Just wanted to add that, using DX9 or doing any combination of video/sound settings is useless. Is noone else experiencing this?
Aha, so it's not just me.

Count me in - I'm having the exact same issue. Not sure which spectres exactly do you use, but in my case it's Solar Guards.

I've been trying things all day to no avail. It just keeps happening. Whenever I changed anything, I tested things in Bloody Aqueduct - usually going from WP directly into the fray, I would stop hearing my Flesh Offering sound and/or lootfilter sound (have an item prepared conveniently in inventory which I simply drop) around 2nd or 3rd pack.

Notably, it's not that all sounds disappear; music plays correctly, most of the sounds do too, it's just some specific sounds that completely refuse to play. Those 'blackout' periods don't last for long - usually, I can drop-pick up my 'test' item 2 times at most without a lootfilter sound playing; after that, it's all good.

Also, during my tests, I noticed that the issue has a much higher chance of happening right after a loading screen. That's probably one of the reasons why this approach with Bloody Aqueducts waypoint works so well.

I've tried literally everything (everything listed was tested both in conjunction with other things, as well as being a stand-alone attempt right after re-installing windows):

- Switching my sound and video cards between their respective PCIE slots;
- Using different drivers for both audio and video cards
- Trying with default Bios settings
- Playing around with Power Settings for both video card and system
- Low/Medium/High channel counts in game

And many-many other things. It would seem that this thing is caused by PoE itself, not something on my PC. This thread was such a sigh of relief, to be honest (sorry OP for using your problems as a means of relief LOL). Let's just hope devs notice it and maybe investigate.
I'm having the exact same thing but I'm using volatile dead.

When I'm killing things I've noticed that certain things won't make sound. My loot filter sounds don't always come through, almost like it's prioritizing certain sounds. It's not just with the loot filter, it's other things like leveling up and such. I've noticed that if I turn my master volume up more it seems to clear up some. I've never noticed this issue until this patch. I've tried to use the default filter and also no filter, no change.
same issue here, playing SRS. very noticeble on flesh offering sound and lootfilter sound no working correctly =/
Happens to me as well, tried all sound setups left and right. Also reinstalling didnt work.

It's pretty damm annoying when I just got my buid to zoomzoom mode. Back to walking instead of shield charging around.
Topkek
I've got the same problem in 3.1. Items that I know should be making a sound on drop doesn't and my offering skills stop producing sound. It seems to happen randomly in combat and I did not have this happening in 3.0.

I'm currently playing SRS and using NeverSink's 5.4 regular item filter.
Same here.

Blade vortex + Loot Filter sounds stop playing for a few seconds / 1-2 minutes. Neversink Lootfilter

Channel count mid / high (tested both)

DxDiag

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7850
BIOS: V3.9
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16312MB RAM
Page File: 17286MB used, 3518MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode
Temp fix for loot filter sounds (unpleasant consequences)*

Well, putting the "Sound effects" slider to 0% seems to make you hear all loot filter sounds at least.

It's unpleasant and dangerous playing like that though (no volatile sound queue etc.)
Same here, using Neversink's (Regular), no special settings (tried same things others alredy tried).

Here some DXDIAG infos.

Time of this report: 12/10/2017, 16:05:37
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
System Manufacturer: ASUS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16326MB RAM
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

Report Forum Post

Report Account: