[3.8] SonicSunder, 3M+ DPS, SSF, HC, BEGINNER LEAGUE STARTER, UBER LAB/ELDER, SHAPER, FAST

What would you need to change on the tree to accommodate a rare weapon instead of soul taker? like for example something with 400+ pdps?
"
Moemed wrote:
What would you need to change on the tree to accommodate a rare weapon instead of soul taker? like for example something with 400+ pdps?

This build works around the Soul Taker. You could modify this build for needing mana, but then it wouldn't be this build.
No one have answer about my question on the previous page ?

This is my current gear, I also have a 6l belly (haven't tested brass dome long enough to know which one I prefer). I have about 12ish ex, trying to figure out how to take my character to the next level as my pob damage is still a long ways from reaching yours.
"
Moemed wrote:

This is my current gear, I also have a 6l belly (haven't tested brass dome long enough to know which one I prefer). I have about 12ish ex, trying to figure out how to take my character to the next level as my pob damage is still a long ways from reaching yours.

Here are some suggestions for your build so far:

Shift your resistance requirements onto your jewels, so that finding gear upgrades is easier
An example jewel would have 6%+ias, 6%+ life, 10% to elemental resistances

I would say that you could easily upgrade your Oblivion Shard Cobalt Jewel without seeing a noticeable change in your dps.

This frees up room for the possibility of being able to use a unique helmet, that would be able to grant offensive stats. An example of this would be a Starkonja's Head, which gives 10% ias, in addition to a large amount of base life.

You can also upgrade your spiked gloves to ones crafted with an essence of insanity.
In my mind, a really good pair of spiked gloves would have the 16%ias to socketed jewels, 12%+ ias, high base life, added base physical damage.
First thanks so much for making this build guide. I've only been past act 10 on one other character and so far I'm really enjoying early maps (t1 - t10) with this build.

Regarding the gems listed in the budget gear portion of the guide, I'm not able to find anything similar on poe.trade that doesn't cost multiple ex or hundreds of chaos.

Is there another way I should be trying to get the gems? I feel at this point they are really what is holding back my progression. I've tried crafting some gems but can't get anything close to these.

"
darkknight04 wrote:

Regarding the gems listed in the budget gear portion of the guide, I'm not able to find anything similar on poe.trade that doesn't cost multiple ex or hundreds of chaos...

Did you mean jewels? or Skill gems?
"
billski82 wrote:
"
darkknight04 wrote:

Regarding the gems listed in the budget gear portion of the guide, I'm not able to find anything similar on poe.trade that doesn't cost multiple ex or hundreds of chaos...

Did you mean jewels? or Skill gems?

Sorry i meant jewels. I'm still a major newb.
Spoiler
"
billski82 wrote:
Has anyone tried using an ammy like this?
I'm having huge success with it.
Elder amulets are very nice! You can roll phys gained as fire on them too.
Spoiler
"
Saufkopp wrote:
Can someone tell me what im doing wrong?
I Love this build, but i need hours to kill t12/13 bosses and sometimes die instantly :(

what would be the best and biggest upgrade. Life or DPS? life is at 5.4k

You're lacking a lot of DPS. So, DPS. Also, skip or don't facetank some bosses.
Spoiler
"
Lindean wrote:
Hi!
I'm using this build - so good & smooth playing atm. I've died about 80 times but this is mostly because im little greedy f*ck. Done Uber Izaro, Normal Atziri (4 deaths cause of reflect). All maps from T1 to T10. Also done some T11, T12 and T13 maps.
I'm not a fan off Belt of The Deceiver nor Brass Dome. Do you have any ideas for replacement for them?
Also can you tell me some equip upgrade recommendation?
Spoiler
I'm using rare belt atm. Check my profile, it's got high life, high WED and good flask charges reduced. For your gear, just follow the recommended gear pastebin.
Spoiler
"
Malira wrote:

Hate to bug ya OP, but if you have any tips on stuff to upgrade i'm all ears.
Currently thinking of picking up an atziri flask or taste of hate. Also going to plug a max level Conc Effect as soon as i squeeze a little more int in. Just upgraded to a 6L brass dome.

Feeling pretty good so far, can handle T13 pretty well. Still feeling like my damage is a bit low though.
Follow the build for recommended gear. Check my profile, you need a lot of things like atziri flask, insanity gloves, +1 frenzy boots and a better weapon.
Spoiler
Spoiler
"
Hayamore wrote:
Hello,

I m actually doing this build in HC. I m lvl 65, i think it's not bad for a first try on hardcore mode.

For the moment, i felt confortable for lvling, but i m starting to have trouble versus some boss.

So, i launched path of building to look about life leech, and i have 2 questions after that :

- Is Vaal pact MUST HAVE ? path of building says i will regen way more without it and with stone golem instead of fire. ofc i loose a bit of dps.

- Put 1 point in life leech seems to be more effective than vaal pact for life leech rate.

With vaal : 545life leech rate

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAQBANlhhVLAGhXsjX3venzZaGW18jWSZFIFLZd5d-NjcKOKMHcTTOlGvTaLT4rwsoBfP02SFCAm-JVm2L0brXTtI_a5HXasTjK-p9rBFSBHfoa0GbT3MoTZz36bai5T_o8tgxHV-Ouxs8EEeWgqOPaj893vDuoYYEHKkG874mHTftNv5FHBoyefTP8B3HgNV5dQR4WnLOkMcxfhWf6tjaZXTeNlTUMxTiqGswOHKCqpbg==

With life leech :250regen/s + 567 life leech rate

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAQBANlhhVLAGhXsjX3venzZaGW18jWSZFIFLZd5d-NjcKOKMHcTTOlGvTaLT4rwsoBfP02SFCAm-JVm2L0brXTtI_a5HXasTjK-p9rBFSBHfoa0I9MZtPcyhNnPfptqLlP-jy2DEdX467GzwQR5aPaj893vDuoYYEHKkG874mHTftNv5FHBoyefTP8B3HgNV5dQR4WnLOkMcxfhWf6tjaZXTeNlTUMxTiqGswOHKCqpbg==

It's my first character with life leech, so i maybe miss something. I m just reading the "Life leech/on hit rate" in path of building, maybe it's buggy or not complete.
Haven't yet tried this build on HC, but with the amount of Life% on the tree, it should be good. Get VP when you have writhing jar and at least lvl 60+ for enough DPS to sustain a good life leech rate.
Spoiler
"
Moemed wrote:
Can easily use a rare weapon with 400pDPS+ with crit to turn this into a crit build and stay on the right side of the tree. It hurts survivability but will give you those juicy freeze crits.
Spoiler
"
darkknight04 wrote:
First thanks so much for making this build guide. I've only been past act 10 on one other character and so far I'm really enjoying early maps (t1 - t10) with this build.

Regarding the gems listed in the budget gear portion of the guide, I'm not able to find anything similar on poe.trade that doesn't cost multiple ex or hundreds of chaos.

Is there another way I should be trying to get the gems? I feel at this point they are really what is holding back my progression. I've tried crafting some gems but can't get anything close to these.

Are you talking about jewels? Just get similar to my ones on my poe-profile. Some are cheap, some are expensive. You don't need 4 stat ones, just 3 stat ones.

My gear and tree: http://poe-profile.info/profile/xcise/SonicAbyss
In case poe-profile isn't working: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Xcise/characters
Last edited by Xcise on Jan 12, 2018, 3:38:30 AM
Two Questions:

1. Do you still replace The Princess with Prismatic Eclipse at level 53?
I noticed you didn't include it in your recommended gears.

2. Why are there curses with blasphemy gems on the off-hand weapon even thought Herald of Ash, Arctic Armour, and Hatred cap out mana reserve?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info