Whitelisting of the Trade API

Why are poe.trade snipers 'less harmful' for the game than the API snipers?
Last edited by madeinchina3 on Jul 18, 2020, 3:43:37 AM
"
madeinchina3 wrote:
Why would you disregard the time and effort of everyone who coded their own parsers? Why are poetrade.com snipers 'less harmful' than API snipers? I don't get this change at all. Did you change it only because people requested it? No, that's not how your policy works. I wonder what's the real reason behind this.

To kill off RMT.
Hopefully 60 seconds is enough, if so this is really amazing news.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
step in the right direction. Would like to see you even tually close the api stream completely and just use inhouse tbh ggg.
Take my hand
Take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
I don't usually comment on Patch notes or updates/announcement threads but this one may be the exception

GGG you have gone above and beyond to figure out a solution to
1- get rid of the bad
2- without hurting the current users of the API
3- and give a chance to new blood to rise with new projects

honestly, just because of this little update I will be throwing more money your way not only to support the game but as a thank you for going above and beyond expectation. (also because those MtX look fucking cool, props to your designer too)

This set up is worse than any Auction House would be, just give us a GW2 style Auctions House....
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Is this live already..? Because I have no issue getting instant notifications with test code.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
step in the right direction. Would like to see you even tually close the api stream completely and just use inhouse tbh ggg.

I would disagree with closing the API stream.
I would rather GGG work on the game itself and make it even better while community members develop the tools for us to use.

Remember that the API is not only used for trading, so the reason I think that the API tools should be left to community members is very simple. since GGG know the backend/under the hood details about the game, they are inadvertently disconnected from what the players experience when playing. (no offense to GGG) the community members that develop those tools are usually long time, very dedicated players and know what the players need and want. Those that have the knowledge and time to make services like trade tools, item filters, and skill planners will make it in a way that helps the player because they are players themselves.
"
Chameleon wrote:
This set up is worse than any Auction House would be, just give us a GW2 style Auctions House....

If you read about their reason to not place auction houses in the game you will see why GW2 style auction house can't happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info