Path of Nerfs

Chris is wayy to gentle with you.

All leagues should be wiped and lvl 100 should be made almost impossible.

the xp needed should be made not 40% more, but 1000 more..
Making the game ,,casual friendly,, was the biggest cancer Poe has ever received..

In fact it should be made alot harder. Just like in the begining. Just what we liked at first place..
"
Chris is wayy to gentle with you.

Personally I'd rather not be groped and shafted in the first place. Perhaps that's something you enjoy?

"
Making the game ,,casual friendly,, was the biggest cancer Poe has ever received..

In fact it should be made alot harder. Just like in the begining. Just what we liked at first place..

We can do back to de-sync nightmares if you're masochistic enough. Yeah, that would really be wonderful, huh?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Dec 5, 2017, 4:16:32 PM
"

Ikr. And remove the support gems and enchantments. And the potions.
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
"
SENDNUDES69 wrote:
you need to realize that many ppl complaining here are not just doing it because they're crybabies or pessimistic shut ins, we all love arpgs with a passion and it hurts to see a game with so much potential turn a blind eye to one side of the community.

P.S i hope you don't turn a blind eye to all this negative reaction s and try to understand what;'s truly wrong happening here

How many of the people that complain here about nerfs made their own builds and cleared end-game?

That's the point. As an INTP i love to analyze shit. These changes are for me godsends because now, I can come up with new builds, that don't rely on broken mechanics, that trivialise game content and we finally might see a switch to more methodical/focus gameplay, then pushing one button and obliterating everything. I played League of Legends for 5 years and never copy someone build. Even with nerfs i always managed to find an efficient build to play with. Im sure i will found one here too. Not ultra-meta dupa OP, but reliable, cheap builds, that allow me to push through end game content. Yes it might take me few days maybe weeks, but that's the point of theorycrafting and application. If you just blindly copy something someone already created, where is challenge in that? Yes, you can be inspired by people who managed to find new things, but don't copy them.
Last edited by Sixtysan on Dec 5, 2017, 4:20:21 PM
One thing GGG should do though is listen, not only to the Top players, but to the majority of their player base (and I'm pretty sure the majority has some desire to reach level 100). I mean GGG, do you guys want to make a game for 5 people or do you want to be able to sell supporter packs and MTX?

Cause I'm pretty sure 5 people aren't going to support all that. Nerfing XP doesn't make the game any fun for me. So you satisfy 5 people who can do it really fast and are bored/have nothing else to do.

Well, there are tons of players, who want to reach 100, but already struggle. Why not make a Hardcore Hardcore league???? That way all the bored players can leave, and spend as much time as they want grinding to 100.

How bout that GGG?

Instead, you decide to destroy any hope of your average player base getting their first level 100 character, all for the sake of a very select few.

Interesting to note, that your biggest critics of these nerfs are players that have bought multiple supporter packs. These guys keep you afloat. Should probably listen to them.
"

How would you know? You weren't even around int he beginning. And most of the player base does not share your opinion. There is plenty of hard content in the game. Based on the challenges you competed in Harbinger, you didnt even do any hard content in the first place.
"
Sardekar wrote:
So very, very glad that GGG butchered their own Black Friday sale, causing me to spend money on a Dauntless Founder's pack instead, which was a great sale by comparison.

I was very excited about Abyss until I saw these patch notes. Not only did 2 of my league starter builds get messed with, but the XP nerf is just plain asinine. I have nearly 4k hours into POE according to Steam, have never had a lvl 100, simply because mapping is usually insanely boring and I can't force myself past high 80s- low 90s. Thanks GGG, you've now given me no reason to ever try and push further, which was actually going to be my plan this league.

Good job on creating more reasons for players to go play other games than to invest further into yours this patch. You created a lot of great hype, followed by several shots to your own foot, from the Black Friday mess to these patch notes. I truly loved this game and wanted to continue loving it and treating it as my main game, but you really, really make it hard to remain a fan GGG, unless we're extremely, extremely patient or a masochist.

Guess it's also a good thing Dauntless has a patch coming out same day as Abyss starts, so I'll have something better to do with my time when I'm getting DC'd on every area transition and portal like the last two leagues and both races.

Stellar freaking job.

Oh, thanks for the info regarding Dauntless. SWOOOSH! hear that GGG? That's the sound of my money not going to PoE and into another game.

One less donut for Chris.

How does it feel to get nerfed in the wallet? OHHHHHH! I bet that pinches a little?
Just to be clear before someone accuses me of whining, because I was rather harsh in my post-

In my 3700+ hours I have used VP once, on one build that I didn't play for long. I've never made a Pathfinder, ever. I haven't used a Totem build since the first few months I played. I didn't make a DP 'Zerker. I've never made a VPS/QoTF build. The closest thing to meta I've done was an ED and a Flicker build most leagues, just because I like the flavor of chaos and ED, and I kept trying to like Flicker(and failing). GGG is not crushing my meta win-button, they're taking away my fun and my chase goals. When they nerf based only on the 1% and the strongest of the strong builds, they make the game a lot less fun for everyone wanting to play in any other way, while the 1% will simply find the new meta and continue to abuse mechanics as best they can.

You take away clearspeed, now non-meta builds that had barely enough clearspeed have almost none. You add to the XP grind and we now have fewer goals, fewer reasons to bother playing- this is why no one plays leagues for more than the first half of each league now, you just made it worse. Give us more to do and more reasons to do it, not less.

There's other games out there, there's other things besides gaming. You want people to spend time and money on your game, you need to make it appealing, not piss off a large chunk of your playerbase and send them looking for new hobbies.

Fix melee, fix useless skill gems, buff ascendencies that no one ever uses, flesh out the endgame to be more than just mapping and more mapping over and over. Fix FPS in parties so we can actually play with our friends. Fix the rampant DC issues that have been plaguing the last several leagues. STOP NERFING BASED ON THE META, PLEASE. And for the love of all things holy, learn to ignore reddit, all they do is complain about everything anyone else is having fun with, this is not an accurate metric to balance your game around. Reddit will always complain, always say everything needs to be nerfed, then immediately turn around and complain about the nerfs anyway. IGNORE THEM.

I appreciate the hard work and transparency that GGG has put into this game, I just really wish they'd stop taking 1 step forward, 3 steps back every few months. It's like dating some of my literally bipolar exes all over again.
The title of this thread is in very poor taste and its a fuck you to the player base that pays the bills, and to be frank, Chris is a moron for doing that. That being said, I don't care about the nerfs, I'm just gonna play the game and figure it out. But seriously, this guy is the head and he creates a thread with a title like that? Honestly you deserve it if a ton of players leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info