Path of Nerfs

"
vio wrote:
where is your problem?

That's a little passive-aggressive, vio. -_- I expected more from you than that sort of response.

As for "the problem", it's principle not practice that's the issue. I'm sick of the xp tweaks that GGG has done over and over again that only ends up hurting the casual and 99% of players just to appease the 1%.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Wow, experience changes at top levels, and not a word on the death penalty for the wretched.

I guess I should be grateful though, now my decision to stop wasting time on this game seems like the right thing to do.
"
Cakku wrote:
Those Dark pact nerfs made me giggle.
As if anyone is ever going to self cast that skill again, without VaalPact.

Dark Pact Totems are a thing, though.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
"
Cakku wrote:
Those Dark pact nerfs made me giggle.
As if anyone is ever going to self cast that skill again, without VaalPact.

Dark Pact Totems are a thing, though.

They count as "self cast" and thus lost their range and lots of damage. I doubt they'll be used much now.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
A7X89 wrote:
The XP nerf only affects a really small player base.

Wrong, it "affects" everyone. It might only directly impact the top 1% in practice, but it greatly affects the 99% in a much more punishing way, both in practice and psychologically. If a casual had any hopes or goals of crawling from 95 to 100, they can pretty much kiss them goodbye.

"
A7X89 wrote:
I bet: The biggest whiner here ... have a lvl 90+ char in a few hours/days after the abyss league starts. ;)

It generally takes me two months in a league to get to 90-something. I'm not a fast/clear speed league player. So now I have even less motivation to continue past early 90s.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
They are not afraid of nerfing they say :)

Lets not be afraid NOT to support from now on and see how they like OUR NERF ^^

GGG you just shot on your own foot, sad but true, i hope you guys can see clearly how your attidude affected the community by posting such a News with the title like that.

I will still try out Abyss League but i AM ALMOST 100% SURE that i will quit it after a week or two due to the NERFS and unrewarding Bosses in Maps.

See ya.
Last edited by ebeninami on Dec 5, 2017, 3:06:24 PM
I remember when I made a long winded post berating you guys for your nerfs and all that crud. Know what? I take that back. Honestly, I'm interested in the new vaal pact. I had plenty of frustrated fun this passed league and it was a blast. I never play anything to 100 since I suck horribly so the xp nerf doesn't bug me either. I'm still planning to have fun. Cheers, dudes.
Nerfing rise of the phoenix and the MoM mana nodes.... why?

Too much survivability? In this rippy game?

It's not even relevant to clear speed so why are they making it harder to keep yourself alive? Mana investment my ass. Hard to sacrifice life nodes for more mana when you're forced to pump into every life node you can get.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
A7X89 wrote:
The XP nerf only affects a really small player base.

Wrong, it "affects" everyone. It might only directly impact the top 1% in practice, but it greatly affects the 99% in a much more punishing way, both in practice and psychologically. If a casual had any hopes or goals of crawling from 95 to 100, they can pretty much kiss them goodbye.

"
A7X89 wrote:
I bet: The biggest whiner here ... have a lvl 90+ char in a few hours/days after the abyss league starts. ;)

It generally takes me two months in a league to get to 90-something. I'm not a fast/clear speed league player. So now I have even less motivation to continue past early 90s.

THIS... im a veteran player that usualy try to get to ladder(and usualy die) and with several lvl 100. im not concerned for me.. since im a addict that propperly should stop playing poe and seek proffessional treadment.

Im concerned for thoes 99% who are casual but have a vision about getting into the +95 and maby once or twise get to lvl 100..

the nerf dos not matter if steel or Gucci uses 1-2 days more to ding 100.. its avarage joe who get punished.

in general im advocating for a slower pase, where you dont need to go fast to have most xp pr hour( make t16 map tanks beat t11 map speed runners)
"
ebeninami wrote:
They are not afraid of nerfing they say :)

Lets not be afraid NOT to support from now on and see how they like OUR NERF ^^

GGG you just shot on your own foot, sad but true, i hope you guys can see clearly how your attidude affected the community by posting such a News with the title like that.

I will still try out Abyss League but i AM ALMOST 100% SURE that i will quit it after a week or two due to the NERFS and unrewarding Bosses in Maps.

See ya.

100% agree
If you not affraid of the Devil.. then you dont need a GOD !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info