Path of Nerfs

"
Experience changes for high-level characters
Each league, the race to 100 is over more quickly than the previous one, as players become more efficient and the experience available gets larger. We receive overwhelming feedback (including from top racers) that this process should be made longer. We're going to be careful though, and just adjust it a bit at a time. In 3.1.0, this takes the form of small additional experience penalties at levels 95-99 that have the following effect:

95 to 96: 6.5% more experience needed
96 to 97: 11.5% more experience needed
97 to 98: 18.7% more experience needed
98 to 99: 28.25% more experience needed
99 to 100: 40% more experience needed

If you read the postings in this thread - overwhelming feedback shows in another direction. Stop this xp nerf plz.
im confused he said patch notes are tomorrow, and that was yesterday. So patch notes should be today?
"
grimchip wrote:
im confused he said patch notes are tomorrow, and that was yesterday. So patch notes should be today?

ya in about 4-5h they will post them so get ready for some more drama :)
Every development manifesto/patch notes so many crying players. Get a life.

IT`S ONLY A GAME, NOTHING MORE!

I like these changes. They are very necessary imo. The game was way too easy. No real challenge. Facetank the biggest attacks by only press the attack button. So the vaal pact change for example is an absolutly right decision.

The XP nerf only affects a really small player base. How long took it for some players to level to 100 in the mayhem league? 5-6 days? Even player, who doesnt get support by their guild, reach level 100 in less than 2 weeks.

In the future we will still see player reaching level 100 in a few days, maybe took 2-3 days longer. We will still see OP builds, melting Uber Atziri/Shaper/etc.

I bet: The biggest whiner here, who say that they will never play the game, have a lvl 90+ char in a few hours/days after the abyss league starts. ;)

"
Hollycz wrote:
cool. insta leech off with changes to reflect -> agree, only thing with vaal pact that could kill you ... reflect and one shot mechanics.
srsly, i went CI Claws last league with pathfinder and only got that one tiny little node that has like 0,2% life leech and this is something that pushed me through all content easily = OP.

Also people saying CI was nerfed to the ground and they dont like the game anymore (altho 99% will play it again during first day)... also they dont like the game coz they cant buy 100c worth of gear and kill everything with it coz CI and vaal pact etc. is OP... also we like the feeling that nothin can kill us -> well i bet you play all other games on Easy difficulty and still find it hard coz you died once.

for me, i played two builds with vaal pact and I won't really miss it, it will make the game more challanging which is very good, also it is not an useless node and will find some luv from players and there will be builds based on it.

Atziri's Acuity - same as above, gloves will still be good and we actually need more content with good uniques like uber atziri. I'd go beyond that and put in some maps which you only have access to once a day which have a chance to drop legacy items or whatever but are hard (for casual players easier but less drops... practically like MMORPG instances that are somehow popular, still miss old L2 interlude antharas, baium etc. fights).

Barrage = op skill, practically for "not so wealthy" players like me last league we bought a simple +1 projectile enchant and it was OP. Only downside is that it gives away a choice whether to get +1 for cheap or save for +2...

ROTP changes are good, RF was rly boring for me and I ain't playing this ever again but I am sure this does not mean that RF is dead. Price of +1% armor enchant will go up :P

Also I wish there were more news :D this was quite short and those nerfs wont affect this league for me at all.

clearly you have not tryed to get a rf char going. especialy lowlife. thoes 3 % is vital. fleshwound=> Add salt## so plz dont comment about stuff your not a expert about.
Builds and favors of the month comes and goes, i'm not complaining :P
Next time think twice before posting videos on youtube how u kill shaper in 3sec while facetanking everything:)) same thing happend with es when ppl started posting videos how chimera cant kill them while they are afk sleeping:))
anyways every change is a good thingie. 32 new maps yaay. Tbh ggg should focus on releasing new maps every week so we dont get bored while playing same set of maps for weeks:)
my mirror threads
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3062247
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2181923
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929875
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929842
None of these affect me at all, except one. That's the level 100 exp. That probably won't affect me either except in one way. It takes something that is probably in the back of a lot of player's minds that "someday" ..... well, thanks for the encouragement.

In Harbinger SSF there were 23 that made it to 100 out of 15,000 on the ladder. Plus however many didn't make the ladder.

23/15000 = 0.0015

So let's make it considerably harder for all the thousands of people who think they might try it some day.

If some top players make it to 100, so what? If twice as many make it, so what? The kind of players who grind to 100 quickly will still grind to 100 almost as quickly. For the other 99.9% of the players it just puts it that much more out of reach.

There is WAY too much attention being paid to what the top 0.1% of the player base is doing. They are only 0.1%, it doesn't matter what they are doing.
"
Fasteddie1 wrote:
What Iam seeing going thru the pages of replies to this is People that like it dont or havent supported GGG and the people that dont like it have been supporting much more! I guess you dont care about selling supporter packs ... If you want my support you need to leave STD play alone I dont care what you do to leagues ... just want to be able to get a std character to lvl 100

maby you should move on. you put down a ton in support packets. and played a buttload aswell i guess. if you cant make 100 in standard in all that time, while so many can do it in a few days in hc leagues with alot of deadly modifyers and no gear, basicly only playing with left hand.... maby its not for you.

you cant make a turtle into a race horse but maby a fast turle.. sadly in your case i think you just need to settle with being a turtle with a lot of supporter packs.
"
If you think Dark Pact radius is too big I don't care about any "buffs" that are to come. Never buying support packs again. The only reason why I enjoyed this game for so long is because of the cool builds you could play (VMS V.SPARK V.FB VPS CoC discharge) builds you could really sink currency into and have FUN being a fucking god PLOUGHING thru maps. I hate this degenerate meme of "hurr durr true d2 successor" such a cancerous outlook on the game. This game could literally be one of the greatest and most enjoyable pve games ever made but you CONSISTENTLY choose to play the role of the anti-fun police. If I could refund my support packs I would. If I could go back in time and prevent myself from wasting money on this depressing saddist company I would. From the bottom of my heart as a long time dedicated player, fuck you.

yep, they could have really kept the "avatar of fire" meta from closed beta 2102, which, with 100% conversion just destroyed everything in this game.

masses of people would have joined to play this overpowered shit in the last 5 years... wait?! if everyone, his mother, grandma and his dog plays the same builds the game is just trivial and no challenge anymore.

see you in the next league :-)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info