The Enslaver Gameplay Preview

"
slindimasq wrote:
I havent yet done the shaper or his guardians but anyway look foward to this challenge if i ever get there ,

Speaking of challenge, the 40 challenge list for the new league "Abyss" hasn't been published yet ?
I think this Enslaver guardian is the counterpart of the Phoenix guardian, isn't it?
The Holy Bible
Okay so a three phase fight with 3 different arenas.

Boss abilities:

Phase 1:
Melee, Long range barrage with ground explosions (with a 360 degree slam following afterwards), shoots sometimes projectiles in an narrow angle. AOE are stationary fire colums (looks similar like in the 2nd phase Merveil fight)

Phase 2:
Same as phase one but now summons giant moving fire balls near his position which move after a short delay.
This phase has no stationary AOE ground effects but adds and volatiles which spawn from the corners of the arena. Volatiles spawn from the holes in the corners and the adds are small moving spheres which shoot projectiles at the player (these can be destroyed).

Phase 3:
Boss abilities as phase 2, arena has adds (spheres that shoot projectiles) & stationary big spheres (indestructible?!) which shoot constantly a fire stream in a clockwise order.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 30, 2017, 6:41:54 AM
that fight looks amazing! the payoff will be sad as always but as long the boss fight is fun, fuck it, lets grind it <3
amazing fight; i cant wait to phase this guy in combat
Finally somewhat interesting boss (after Shakari especially).

What I really liked:
. boss' move, when he jumps in the air and releases series of daggers. Would be nice if he was invincible during this time.
. this black tar-like crater he makes after the jump is visually pleasant too.
. his evade move, especially at ~0:28, when player uses leap slam, but boss evades it and makes distance instead between player and himself. It was really cool. Would be nice if boss could sometimes "read" players action and avoid accordingly player's skills on purpose instead of RNG.
. those big snake-like coils look visually pleasant.

Disliked:
. those auto-homing fire orbs. For some reason I really dislike them, even when meet in usual areas. Looks boring and awkward.
. those transitions between each of 3 stages. Boss doesn't change visually. Transition looks boring as well. Makes me to remember and really appreciate Dominus' transition from 1st form to second.
Hype!
Who else just got an erection !!

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Last edited by hyyyben on Nov 30, 2017, 7:27:31 AM
Nice boss! And nice new music as well :D
IMO the bossfights were never interesting, not a single one of them. Its all way too arcade
DEATH & THRASH

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info