New Skill and Support Gem Interactions

"
sidtherat wrote:
'pretty good' - how many of that 40/40 you achieved using these compared to ranged/meta skills?

what he said!

Melee has no love from GGG ...no updates.. no quality of life.. no rebuffing of old skills.. no buffing of over nerfed skills.

no new uniques

they gave ranged and casters the ability to have fortify ... why?

wow...
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
frankenik wrote:
Awesome looking support gems, can we get some sort of list which skills work with the spell cascade gem

All Curses
All Offerings
Cremation
Volatile Dead
Contagion
Frost Bomb
Bladefall
Desecrate
Storm Call
Firestorm
Icestorm
Frost Wall
Cold Snap
Detonate Dead

Does not support Vaal versions of these skills.

Aw... I was hoping that since Body Swap was an AOE skill I could combine it with Spell Cascade to bloodily hop around battlefields as though I were the fricken' Rabbit of Caerbannog, but maybe not?

Oh well, I'm still darn amused that I can at least make a Totem of Caerbannog. Best thing I've seen today.
The bodyswap skill on totems is rather interesting.
So the hyping hate train of today is 'melee skill diversity and viability in endgame'? Sure ranged attack skills are more powerful (more aoe clear from a distance) but thats the idea of ranged. Sure there are also more spells than melee attack skills.

What we don't have however is spell leeching ANYWHERE on the skill tree whereas attack skills can lazily invest 4 points over at duelist and have enough for endgame. I don't wanna rely on warlords every run (which also is bad vs. bosses) or certain uniques that give .2% elemental leech or conditioned leech (like bereks grip (also bad on bosses)) or regen.

So remember that if you get angry at GGG for not fulfilling your melee dream of being stronger than would make sense and having more melee skills (seriously, try wild strike), there are also people wishing they could play self cast spells (which don't have threshold jewels) with leech in endgame content without have to go berserker (which is totally silly considering lore).
Last edited by DistantBliss on Nov 28, 2017, 2:37:27 AM
"
Fapmobile wrote:
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
The question is whether you can call Blade Flurry a melee skill.

Why does it matter though? and what is this constant obbsession with melee skills.
Is it the fact that you can't just run close to a boss and punch it to death with a couple of strikes/swings? Or what is a good/satisfying melee skill?

This isn't spefically aimed towards you but in general, because it's brought up a lot and personally I can see a wide variety of working skills, may it be close range or ranged.

It matters because some of us, probably old school, like to smash skulls and bones with an hammer or an axe, or tear through flesh with a sword. For stuff like that we need real melee skills.
"
DistantBliss wrote:
So the hyping hate train of today is 'melee skill diversity and viability in endgame'? Sure ranged attack skills are more powerful (more aoe clear from a distance) but thats the idea of ranged. Sure there are also more spells than melee attack skills.

What we don't have however is spell leeching ANYWHERE on the skill tree whereas attack skills can lazily invest 4 points over at duelist and have enough for endgame. I don't wanna rely on warlords every run (which also is bad vs. bosses) or certain uniques that give .2% elemental leech or conditioned leech (like bereks grip (also bad on bosses)) or regen.

So remember that if you get angry at GGG for not fulfilling your melee dream of being stronger than would make sense and having more melee skills (seriously, try wild strike), there are also people wishing they could play self cast spells (which don't have threshold jewels) with leech in endgame content without have to go berserker (which is totally silly considering lore).

ummm righteous fire pohx build... he just face tanks shit... how is that not lazy...

ranged or casters should never be able to use fortify
so no melee love?
"
ummm righteous fire pohx build... he just face tanks shit... how is that not lazy...

ranged or casters should never be able to use fortify

RF is an aura since you only cast it once and it doesnt leech, you just run regen. Yes pohx build is lazy. Also yes, ranged or casters should not have fortify unless they roll a champion for some reason.
"
DistantBliss wrote:

It's not about power or end game viability, at least for me.

Yes some cool and workable melee skill exist, but this doesn't mean they shouldn't be working on expanding/refreshing melee.
Ranged is overall a better and more varied choice, who can argue with that? But still they get more updates/QoL etc.

In 2.6 there were some major melee weapons updates, good, we recently got threshold jewels for many skills, we are getting a new melee support in 3.1, cool, I'll take and experiment with that.

But still I can't deny some disappointment to see how much more attention and focus ranged gets over time.

Last edited by FrancescoV on Nov 28, 2017, 3:46:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info