New Skill and Support Gem Interactions

"
FrancescoV wrote:
"
Dranzell wrote:
For the people crying about Melee, there's a lot of skills and options.

I think Blade Flurry is the fastest boss killer right now.

Most of those you consider options are hardly “melee”, it’s not that adding the melee tag to a spell (blade flurry) makes it a melee attack skill.

Anyway, I'm not crying, I like playing with my melee skills, even if they suck compared to ranged counterparts.

But it's a pity to see how much more development goes to expanding/updating/refreshing ranged skills.

Actually yes..yes it does. Adding melee to a skill does make it melee as far as every meaning of melee the game recognizes.I mean how can you complain you want more "melee" skills but then reduce the options for what is melee? I mean you have a weapon and going by your apparent close minded definition of melee the only skill would be hitting someone with it and you can only make so many skill gems with a different direction your sword swings before you run out of possibilities.If you want a sword to be as lethal as a gun you have to give it powers that are unsword like because the reality is in real life range is way better at killing large amounts of people faster than a sword.

Last edited by Stealthe on Nov 29, 2017, 3:10:31 AM
"
Osh wrote:
Well, I hope that Spell echo + Spell cascade will work together. Since i like flameblast totem inq, I would love to test other spell totem builds like those combined with frostbolt + GMP + spell cascade :>

From the OP:
"
The support doesn't work on channelled skills and you have to cast it yourself.

So Spell Cascade will not work with Flameblast or with totems (or mines/traps/minions). Also you mention Frostbolt but that is not an AOE so no cascade there either.
well done me, writing a long post to a wrong section...
Last edited by Venrera_Faltis on Nov 29, 2017, 8:19:01 AM
"
Look at my profile and tell me melee is dead. I'll continue to play melee builds and continue to fuck all content regardless of this summoning meta

i did... first u have a FP zerker - nice melee build =)
followed up by an ele BF inquisitor - after reading the comments, a melee tag doesnt mean the skill is melee - the more u know
after, u have two (i didnt even watch close enough) identical cleave builds, one in standard - i didnt even dream about playing that shit twice =D

other mentionable chars: a saboteur - a bow pathfinder

Spoiler
and one cyclone slayer WITH AW totem xd

so - nice knowing you, have fun 'fuck all content' redardless of what meta with your caster and ranged builds ..

much love <3
Body Swap looks cool if it could be used as a alternative to Flicker Strike instead but with spell damage.
Best way to discover colors for your loot filter
https://pixlr.com/editor/ | IGN: Spear
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: Radeon Series | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Mouse: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Monitor: Acer Predator
"
guggelhupf wrote:
"
Nexemonsta wrote:
Sire of Shards + Volley ????????????????

^this

Yep they're working on it (ZiggyD interview with Rory), it won't be done in time for War for the Atlas, though.
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
More skill choice is always good. Although it ultimately comes down to what damage numbers GGG will assign to them. If they're strong people will use them. If they're not they'll just be part of the huge obscure skill collection.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
the volataile dead gif shows each corpse producing 3 orbs, even though the spell doesn´t have a projectile tag and therefore cannot be supported by lmp
The gem destription states that it creates and ORB, in singular.

wat?
also, will the cast speed (or projectile speed?) effect the speed of orbs travelling?

theres still so much we don´t know about these gems
Ok

So if i took glacial cascade and threw it on a mine with all the new stuff
Would i then be able to detonate
7 mines, with 3 bursts of 3 with the AoE Lmp,
detonated twice with the never used rod.

thats 7x3x3x2 = 126 Glacial Cascades..

That just seems too good to be true.

The Forever Alone Build..

"
Fluefiskerhat wrote:
Ok

So if i took glacial cascade and threw it on a mine with all the new stuff
Would i then be able to detonate
7 mines, with 3 bursts of 3 with the AoE Lmp,
detonated twice with the never used rod.

thats 7x3x3x2 = 126 Glacial Cascades..

That just seems too good to be true.

The Forever Alone Build..

Thats disgusting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info