Black Friday through to Cyber Monday Weekend Sale!

"
I was planning on buying a new supporter pack but wow, this lousy sale event is a total dick move. GGG give your supporters something to celebrate. If this is the ‘corporate ‘ strategy for them going forward, this game is on its way to a slow death. Please, not like the how Blizzard buried the Diablo franchise....PoE and her fan base supporters deserve much better respect and treatment.

+1 :)
"
Please reveal abyss supporter pack because i want buy, no points to spend ;(

Dude, you can buy points if you like, and can then upgrade into a pack. Says it right at the front. If you're not a fan of the war packs, and are dead set on seeing the abyss stuff first, then yeah it sucks. But if you're not and you wanna put a down payment on it while grabbing a sweet deal (if there happens to be one) you can do that, and keep doing it, up until you've spent about 80% of the pack's value.
"
I was planning on buying a new supporter pack but wow, this lousy sale event is a total dick move. GGG give your supporters something to celebrate. If this is the ‘corporate ‘ strategy for them going forward, this game is on its way to a slow death. Please, not like the how Blizzard buried the Diablo franchise....PoE and her fan base supporters deserve much better respect and treatment.

+1 on this and other same posts...

I could probably still support you GGG during this "event" but this your decision makes me sad since I always was proud of how you guys deal with the community. But this is frustrating...
"
Attlus wrote:

You realize the people you were criticizing for "crying" have bought some of the most expensive supporter packs out there? Do you realize they have bought multiple high priced packs? These people are some of GGG's biggest supporters, I think it's worth it to listen to what they have to say about being displeased with sales.

i wouldn't be so sure that ggg heavily relies on whales, they just massively helped starting the game in 2012 and meanwhile most of them have enough mtx to stuff 30+ characters while they only play 2 or 3 during a temp league. for them, waiting for the next sale is not really a problem.

the problem is: hourly mtx switches aim for people who still have to support to get points while most whales are sitting on thousands of them, ggg already has their money and the procedure to wait is just annoying.

the solution would be to make a different sale for people who supported above a certain amount already where they can directly choose their desired deal.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
There is an add to watch list option for items which the site will then email you when it goes on sale. No reason people need to sit on the site and refresh every hour. Its working just fine for me and I was able to buy what I needed from my phone.

League support packs a whole another horse...
Last edited by poejacleu on Nov 24, 2017, 9:12:33 AM
"
Sardekar wrote:
Little public service announcement for the very few white knights in here attempting to defend the sale:

If a lot of people are unhappy and not spending money, yet you like the sale, it's still a bad sale. The entire purpose of a sale is to drive...well, sales. If the majority of people won't be spending money, it's a bad business move for the company. Defending it is not giving you any brownie points, it's not making those of us who are not spending money want to spend money and at worst, it could allow GGG to think that maybe a bad idea was a good one.

These are pixels we are buying, digital content. All they cost to create are man-hours. GGG can price these items any way they want, it's all profit unless they give them away. The reason they do a sale is so that people who might not spend money normally will decide to do so because an item they want is now in a price range they can swing. Gate these items behind a strange hourly system and irritate a large number of potential customers, you're simply losing out on money.

Saying ridiculous things like "be happy they're giving you a sale at all" or "be patient so you deserve the sale" help no one. We don't have to spend money on this game. It's free. A sale is supposed to be designed to encourage us to spend that money on this instead of whatever else we might use it for. If it's a terrible sale, there's no upside, we'll just spend money elsewhere.

I will never understand people who rush to defend a company even when it's making poor choices. Stop to think about what you're saying and what other people are trying to convey. If GGG wants to make the maximum amount of profit, which it's safe to assume they do, they're best off listening to the people complaining and not spending money than those who will be happy with any choice they make. The white knights will keep spending money regardless, the rest of us will only throw that cash at them if we like what we're paying for and how much we're paying. It's not an attack on GGG, it's not whining, it's a learning experience. You want the people who are on the fence about spending to spend, that's just good business.

Waste of time to look for what we want to buy, put everything on sale or announce when what will be sold .

Disappointing.

EDIT: Also comment above is spot on.
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
Last edited by D4wdl on Nov 24, 2017, 9:15:25 AM
"
poejacleu wrote:
There is an add to watch list option for items which the site will then email you when it goes on sale. No reason people need to sit on the site and refresh every hour. Its working just fine for me and I was able to buy what I needed from my phone.

This is not worked if you are sleep, for example. In my time zone already 0:15 of Saturday.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"

"
Please reveal abyss supporter pack because i want buy, no points to spend ;(

We know that some of the community are waiting on the upcoming Abyss Supporter Packs, while we haven't set a release date for these yet, we wanted to make sure that no one misses out on the weekend sale in the meantime. Therefore, any plain points purchases you make from the time that the War for the Atlas Supporter Packs became available can be used in a future upgrade to the Abyss Supporter Packs.

We can consider point pack purchases made from the 17th of November 2017 (NZT) onwards as eligible to be contributed to the War for the Atlas or Abyss Supporter Packs.

Supporter Pack Upgrades are possible from plain points purchases or from a lower tier supporter pack to a higher tier supporter pack of the same set. This means that you can upgrade plain points to either an Abyss Supporter Pack or a War for the Atlas Supporter Pack, or you can upgrade a War for the Atlas Supporter Pack to another War for the Atlas Supporter Pack. It's not possible to upgrade a War for the Atlas Supporter Pack to an Abyss Supporter Pack or vice versa.

You can only credit up to 80% of the value of your desired supporter pack towards an upgrade. For example, if you wanted to purchase the $100 Scholar Supporter Pack, you could purchase up to $80 worth of points and then you'd be required to pay the remainder of the upgrade cost ($20 USD).

If you're interested, you can also activate a payment plan for supporter packs. These are very flexible in terms of amount and frequency of payment times. The details just need to be arranged with our customer support team ahead of time. If you're interested in finding out more, email us at support@grindinggear.com

The only problem with this event is the hourly change. People talking about "sales strategy", come on guys, u are children?! Because im not gonna buy somenthing that i dont want, just because is a "great deal". Maybe im wrong, but i think that was just a bad move. I hope they change it, to increase items and time, because it's almost impossible for someone to look at it all the time, until monday.
Last edited by darthh on Nov 24, 2017, 9:39:18 AM
I said it on reddit and I will say it again here.

Hourly sales are bullshit (especially during the first weekend of a 10 day race. Who comes up with this crap? As if I had time and motivation to check every hour what MTX is on sale)!

Put it on sale for a full day or weekend. Don't waste my time!
twitch.tv/catmasterOP
twitter.com/catmasterOP
youtube.com/catmasterOP

Playing since Nov'14 just before Bloodlines/Torment release, livestream since 2018, hosting Fated Connections PoE Community Podcast with BalorMage. I look forward to providing a lot more quality content in the future to come :3
Last edited by Catmaster on Nov 24, 2017, 9:38:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info