[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

"
TheShayaan wrote:
Im confused as to how we proc endurance charges

"
Citizen_Sane wrote:
I came to ask about the same thing (and of course to thank you for the build ^^)

I don't see how The Writhing Jar helps us proc endurance charges...

You can proc them by popping your writhing jar flask, then popping the enduring cry skill right afterwards. The worms that come out the flask are counted as enemies for the enduring cry charge generation count.

Apart from that, you rack up endurance charge generations quickly by simply jumping in to white trash mobs and taking lots of small inconsequential hits. Lot's of players miss this tactic - they leap-slam in front of a pack, then stop and sunder everything. You should really leap-slam into a pack and then sunder it while standing in the pack, as the kills will explode the other enemies around it clearing the pack regardless and then on top of that you'll gain endurance charges from getting hit but taking next to no damage.

"
Citizen_Sane wrote:
Also, wondering why you'd need a ring socket when there is still 2 free slots in the wings of enthropy

Because the build is based on only having a really cheap 4-link on day 1 or 2 of a new league. The build is meant to be used, abused and then parked in your character list after a week or so once you've earned enough currency to buy into other purpose-built end-game builds, so you can then later come back and use it for the purposes of Uber-Lab farming when you need helm enchants.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Jun 8, 2018, 9:08:59 PM
"
evmt wrote:
Hey, Adambjjoz, came here to thank you for the build. After starting with GC mines or KB in a few previous leagues, I've decided to try some melee build for this one and had a succesfull start with yours after modifying it a bit (leveled with one handed weapons and took 2 passives instead of Oak). Easily finished uber lab and completed white and yellow maps with the cheap basic gear, even though the build turned out a bit squishier than I expected and I couldn't sustain endurance charges even on bosses without Enduring cry.

After getting a few exalts I've thought that I've never played much with sunder or other melee skills except for leveling before and decided not to level another character immediately but try to bring this one as far as possible with a reasonable effort and without replacing the weapon. I've ditched BoR and got myself a 6L Belly and Kaom's Roots, this and a bit better accessories allowed me to clear up to T15 easily, then I've modified the passive tree significantly, getting Vaal Pact and dropping all regen and endurance charge nodes. After that and buying some better flasks I've killed Red Elder, Shaper guardians and the Shaper himself w/o too much trouble (well, except this Mino with double speed and more damage in a 8-mod map — still got him). Single target dps doesn't look to strong though, so I doubt I'd do Uber Elder with WOE, but I may give it a try later.

If anyone is interested you can check "reasontohaveaname" character in my profile. Didn't have the Steel rings and the helmet yet while killing the Shaper — used some resist rings and a Starkonja with +40% sunder damage instead. I'm clearing T16 maps and lvl 83 temple easily even with hard map mods, the only ones I definitely wouldn't run are reduced recovery and cannot leech ones, but maps with multiple mods like more monster life, physical damage reduction or elemental reflect are probably not worth running as well. Guardians and end game bosses are doable, but take too long for comfortable farming though. As for pantheons, I use Arakaali for 50% inreased recovery boost on each Immortal Call proc.

edit: added some info.

Thanks mate, glad the build helped you achieve what you wanted. As always, the build is not designed at all to be taken to the end game or pushed much past the Uber Lab and T10 maps, so well done on investing what you did into the build and molding it into what you wanted.

Out of general interest, now that you have pushed your version of the build to where it is, would you consider the time/currency you invested into that experience to be worth while, or looking back at it now do you think it would have been better to go the route of a different purpose-built Sunder character?
"
Adambjjoz wrote:

Thanks mate, glad the build helped you achieve what you wanted. As always, the build is not designed at all to be taken to the end game or pushed much past the Uber Lab and T10 maps, so well done on investing what you did into the build and molding it into what you wanted.

Out of general interest, now that you have pushed your version of the build to where it is, would you consider the time/currency you invested into that experience to be worth while, or looking back at it now do you think it would have been better to go the route of a different purpose-built Sunder character?

Yeah, as I understand you've intended this to be a league starter and an easy build for more novice or casual players. But I'm not a fan of putting characters on standby early in the league and while I'm OK with some lab farming I still prefer to do mapping instead, especially with the current league mechanic being tied to it. So even before I've started leveling I planned how to transition this character to a more endgame oriented one.

It worked even better than I expected. The original setup with Wings of Entropy and the Bringer of Rain was enough to get to T11 maps easily and to kill yellow tier Elder. A lucky Shimmeron drop so early in the league allowed me to buy 6L Belly of the Beast with good rolls for 7 ex. The Belly price only increased now, so it was definitely a good way to spend currency. The other items I've needed to progress to red tier Elder, Guardians and Shaper were quite cheap in comparison. Wings of Entropy lasted very well and not having to worry about getting better weapons early allowed me to focus on other stuff like flasks and jewels (the latter now increased in price significantly, probably due to more people looking to get good ones a week into the league). I've killed Shaper after getting all the memory fragments, got the Elder orb and farmed Elder Underground Sea with moving shaper/elder influence for a while, this allowed me to profit significantly on high level shaped item bases and finally transition to an endgame dual wielding setup with a statstick yesterday. I'd say it was even better start than I've had with KB wander in Bestiary.

If you or someone else is interested, I have several PoB snapshots of the build I've had at the times I've made significant modifications to it:

1. Final one with both WOE and Bringer of Rain (Level 89) — https://pastebin.com/vFpTPG7t
To push harder content with it I've used selfcast Enduring Cry and Punishment here.

2. Final one with endurance charges and no Vaal Pact (Level 93) — https://pastebin.com/LRT8ZWY0
Removed punishment to accomodate Frenzy, still selfcasting Enduring cry.

3. Level 95 setup, still using WOE, transitioned to Vaal Pact — https://pastebin.com/UqNjLH3j
Way better for autopiloting the maps — Punishment is linked to CWDT, no Enduring cry. Slayer leech + VP + Arakaali pantheon give you massive recovery each time your Immortal Call procs, making you only worry about not getting one-shot by powerfull boss hits or corpse explosions — everything else is regenerated almost instantly.

4. Current one with one handed axe and a statstick — https://pastebin.com/dUJFHpR7

Most of the passive tree modifications happened gradually while leveling and getting some better gear. I didn't have to buy a single Orb of Regret to refund passives, the refund points from quests and the orbs I've got from drops myself were enough. Some changes to the tree were made to get enough intelligence for Concentraded Effect or to balance resistances during gear changes. And as I've already said, being able to farm double Beyond, sextanted Elder Underground Sea and to kill Shaper with basically 1 alch weapon was a good surprise.

P.S. Actually had so much fun playing that character and progressing the build that after getting a Headhunter, I'm planning to push it to 100. Also want to fit single socket Tombfists instead of rare gloves for the intimidate damage bonus, but capping the resists with it is the tricky part.
Last edited by evmt on Jun 9, 2018, 2:02:50 PM
Thanks for the response and your thought's mate. Good luck with your push to 100. That's some serious time investment !!!!

Hit me up in-game if you need a pair of the single socket Tombfists, I have a few spare pairs lying around.
not sure if im doing something wrong but izaro just wrecks me over and over.
"
fakeandgey wrote:
not sure if im doing something wrong but izaro just wrecks me over and over.

Follow the build guide, take the correct flask choices, take the skill tree nodes recommended & don't forget to swap back to the WOE axe when fighting Izaro. You should be fine. Most of the people running this build have been clearing Izaro from 15 levels below your character with way worse gear. There are instructional videos on Youtube for fighting Izaro if you feel you really don't have a clue about him or his mechanics.
I can clear him sometimees, other he just fucking 1 shots..
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
Thanks for the response and your thought's mate. Good luck with your push to 100. That's some serious time investment !!!!

Hit me up in-game if you need a pair of the single socket Tombfists, I have a few spare pairs lying around.

Thanks, man. Already thought about getting 100 last league, but had to give up because of some real life stuff.

As for Tombfists, I already have a few pairs stashed — I'm trying to suppercorrupt them for +1 frenzy charge at least.
Can someone check my setup and tell me if I am doing something wrong. It feels like my overleach from writhing jar doesnt last very long. Ive heard it should last 30+ seconds but mine seems to last more like 5 seconds.

Thanks
"
Adambjjoz wrote:

Hey, man. I normally farm labs by using jugg here. Thinking about something new this coming 3.4 league. Thanks for the guide and very patiently answered lots of question during last a few leagues.

If you don't mind, I have a few of questions for you. I apologize if both or either has been answered earlier posts.

1. Ascendancy notes for slayers have been changed since 3.3, should I take nodes the order like your suggested in OP, headsman --> bane of legends --> endless hunger --> Brutal fervour?

2. As a first character in a new league, will you use 1H Axe start then convert to 2H later or you started with 2H directly?

3. Could BF/RV be another good options for this build as well?

Thank you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info