[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

memes
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
How's everyone going with the build? I've only had a very small amount of time to play this season, but so far I've found some really interesting things while trying out different set pieces and Shaper/Elder items with the build, now that I've hit level 90.

Hey man!! I'm up to level 89 on this build and have been having tons of fun. Oddly enough though I started this as a lab farmer I never really ran lab on this guy due to my personal disliking of the traps, pretty much myself just not understanding how to feel secure it running it proficiently.

Regardless, i'm mapping (currently up to t11 maps, not much time to play) and have about 5.2k life and per the tool tip around 160k dps fully buffed with 4 APS. I Found some % attack speed and % attack speed to dual wielding with some % of life. They do seem to add more overall at this stage over abyss jewels, unless you get stat/resist rolls on them.

Would you mind taking a look at my skill tree and see what I am missing? I feel like i should have a bit more life for the level I am at. Maybe my gear is to blame. I'm still learning this game overall so any advice I could bring with me for the remainder of this league and beginning of next league would be awesome. Having ton of fun with the attack speed of sunder and clearing maps with ease. Ancestral War chief is an awesome sidekick for this build. I always pop it on abyss holes, flask up, leap slam in and sunder/flask until they're all dead.
I was just watching your video on youtube of your level 70 farming Uber Lab. I see how when you leap slam your mana doesn't even go down, it just stays at 130. I can't seem to be able to figure out why my character isn't doing that. Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? And how do you leap slam without using any mana? Thanks!!
"
Karalex wrote:
I was just watching your video on youtube of your level 70 farming Uber Lab. I see how when you leap slam your mana doesn't even go down, it just stays at 130. I can't seem to be able to figure out why my character isn't doing that. Can someone please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? And how do you leap slam without using any mana? Thanks!!

Have a proper read of the build guide. The alt-weapon slot weapons are used to fly through the Uber Lab. They are the Brightbeak and Prismatic Eclipse. In the Brightbeak/PE gem setup you have Blood Magic linked to Leap Slam in the Brightbeak, which means leap slam uses a tiny tiny amount of your health as a skill cost instead of mana.
"
DrBoomstein wrote:
Would you mind taking a look at my skill tree and see what I am missing? I feel like i should have a bit more life for the level I am at. Maybe my gear is to blame. I'm still learning this game overall so any advice I could bring with me for the remainder of this league and beginning of next league would be awesome. Having ton of fun with the attack speed of sunder and clearing maps with ease. Ancestral War chief is an awesome sidekick for this build. I always pop it on abyss holes, flask up, leap slam in and sunder/flask until they're all dead.

Your actually really on target mate, by the time you hit L91 and get your gem's to 19 or 20, your character will easily be better geared than mine. As far as skill nodes go, I don't see any issue with what you have chosen. You could always take away the Armour and Evasion skill node above "Cloth and Chain" and get an additional 5% life node instead (Your armour and evasion are already reeeealy high as it is, it wont be a noticeable loss)

I imported your character into Path of Building and gave it a look over. You've really got to the stage now where there's a bit of give & take and minor alterations needed to go in the direction you want. This will mostly be a case of min-maxing your existing gear or making minor upgrades. First and foremost, remember that the build doesn't require much more (if any) than 5K life because of the inherently high block chance, combined with armour and evasion we have, on top of the persistent high life-leech we also have. Most builds that run safely on 5K health don't even have half our total defences. But having said that, if more life is what you want, you can still achieve that.

Your going to get life granted for the next 2 level-up's with your character for a start. Simply also take 2 life nodes with those next two levels and that should give you an additional 200 life to your total right there. Next up you'll need to pick up different rings. While obviously still balancing resistance and attribute needs, you'll want rings that stack both life and strength on them, since strength also gives 1 life per 2 strength you have. My suggestion would be to get similar rings to what you currently have, but have strength rolled on them instead of "x to x physical damage to attacks". The phys damage boost those rolls provide are almost negligent, they are so small. The ring changes could net you another 50-80 life to your total. Same next with your belt, aim for Life/Strength/All-Res/Armour - the belt upgrade will add another possible 30-40 life to your total.

Next up is jewel improvements. Standard Jewels cap out at 7% increased life and your one's only have 5% or 6% on them. Same with the Abyss jewels you have, they cap out at +50 to life, where as your jewels only have around +30 on them. Improving 4 Jewels could easily net you around 150+ life to your total.

Next up is unique gear upgrades. Mind you, any gear upgrades should be a case of get what you have right now with your current stat rolls, but with better life - if that makes sense? Your BOR Helmet can be upgraded for about +20 more life. I'd consider looking for a higher rolled DPS version of the WOE Axe you have - you could improve your DPS by 5% or more by simply getting an upgrade. The same is applicable to the Carnage amulet with getting one with a higher "all attributes" combined roll (will give you more strength).

So all up that's a possible 500+ life you could squeeze out of the build. But having said that, I honestly think the biggest added quality of life and safety your going to notice form this stage on is just leveling up your gem's from around L16/L17 where they are now to L19 and then L20, especially so considering you have 20% quality on all the skill gem's. You are going to notice a substantial boost in damage and clear speed when you do that and at the upper-end's of this game, it really doesn't matter what type of build you have, because high level enemies will delete you in 1 hit regardless, so the best form of defence becomes killing everything before it ever get's a chance to take a swing at you.

Having said all that, I feel it's also fair to advise you as a new or long time absent player that we are now in the last 3 weeks of a 3-month league and much of the player base by now has gone, or is only active a small amount of the time, until the next season begins. So this means that while finding the items you need at an affordable price is likely fairly easy now, actually getting any of the damn sellers to respond to you or be active and selling the item is going to be difficult to say the least. So you may easily find the upgrade stuff you need at the budget you have available, but it may actually be difficult or impossible to actually acquire them. Best of luck to you though, mate. Glad you have enjoyed the build so much, so far. Hope this wall of text was helpful.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Feb 11, 2018, 8:18:10 PM
What kind of gems should I use in the armor?
Why the secondary weapon has an arrow skill (Barrage)?
"
nico5051 wrote:
What kind of gems should I use in the armor?
Why the secondary weapon has an arrow skill (Barrage)?

Please read the build guide. It's all explained.
Hi, I followed your build and really enjoy it (first character on poe).
I tried to optimize a bit last few days and wonder how I could improve it.
Would you mind taking a look at it and give me some feedback?

I feel like you can access my character from my profile now I have my account here.
If you want me to do something like an export, let me know, i'm new to that things :=)

Thanks,
Thomas
Hey is started playing again with this build 4 days ago and it is alot of fun :D
I have one question i still have mana problems after taking shaper and i have to use a mana flask.
Is it just me playing bad (gameplay tips appreciated^^) or is their anything that i am missing with my gear, gems or skill tree?

THX alot,
Strapi
"
strapi wrote:
Hey is started playing again with this build 4 days ago and it is alot of fun :D
I have one question i still have mana problems after taking shaper and i have to use a mana flask.
Is it just me playing bad (gameplay tips appreciated^^) or is their anything that i am missing with my gear, gems or skill tree?

THX alot,
Strapi

No idea, your profile is set to private so no one can see your character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info