[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

With the flask setup, i'm wondering how one removes bleeding damage.
"
dipsi wrote:
Question about endgame tree:

I finished the tree up until where we are supposed to fill out only max life % nodes.

I saw the node hematophagy on the bottom part of the tree with max leech rate.

Wouldn't this one be good to take first?
I'm at lvl 87 ATM and feel like it would be worth to get it? Or am I Missreading something about it, like only leeching from melee physical damage and not sunder?

Also how about getting a 4th jewel slot?
Could make use of an offensive or utility jewel with attack speed?

I looked into giving up 3 health nodes (amounts to between 280-350 overall life) to do a 4th jewel and the best scenario (DPS-wise) seems to be one of the new types of Abyss jewels with two X-to-X flat damage stat rolls, a 3rd stat roll of "Chance to gain unholy might" & a 4th stat roll of "20% damage boost if you have killed recently". It gives a base 35% DPS boost. However..... it's only a fraction of that in terms of a DPS boost against end-game bosses, as you won't be able to keep the Unholy Might or 20% damage boost part up. So being that we stomp anything under T13 map level as it is already, I don't really know if it's worth it? I'm actually trying this right now and even with the additional "20% damage if killed recently" stacked on a second jewel as well as Holy Might, I honestly can't really feel any reasonable boost in DPS, even though I know it's there. I'm thinking I'm going to swap out the 4th jewel for a different defensive abyss jewel instead (read below in next paragraph).

What may be worth it, is giving up 3 life nodes to take the Jewel node off to the right of the Shaper skill tree node, which gives 0.7% of life regen per second along the way, and then putting in a defensive Abyss jewel that rolls any combo of:

- (Murderous) Life / Attack Speed / 2% Chance to block spells / Additional Phys Damage Reduction / 2% chance to dodge attacks & spells.
- (Searching) Life / 6% chance to blind enemies on hit / Additional Phys Damage Reduction / 2% Chance to block spells / 8% chance to gain Phasing
- (Hypnotic) Life / Additional Phys Damage Reduction / 2% Chance to block spells / 8% chance to gain Phasing / Increased Armour Rating / Increased Evasion Rating
- (Ghastly) - No point, it's a Minion jewel for Minions.

I recommend these because basically the buffs and bonuses you get here are all each among themselves the type of stat roll you would take for 1 skill tree point individually & mostly won't get off many equip-able items.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 18, 2017, 7:17:21 AM
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
With the flask setup, i'm wondering how one removes bleeding damage.

You don't.

The 4th Ascendancy selection you take when completing the Uber Lab gives permanent Bleed removal when leeching & you leech 99% of the time with a Slayer character.
"
emilianox wrote:
Hi Adam

First thank you for the build, im very happy with it. I dont understand if i have a woe 6l is it convenient switch and put sunder on the axe and totem on the helm? I have tried sunder with 5l woe but as per number seem weak the in the helm.

Thank you

Have a full read of the updated build guide. It states not to use the 5-link weapon setup option as it gives no real benefit over the 4-link sunder setup being in the helm.
"
karshberlg wrote:
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
End of Week 1 General Update:

So I've stomped the levelling process, done the Lab's, got two of the four Pantheon powers and the build has delivered even better in this season than last. I've spent less than half the time I normally would have gaming, so I could keep updating this build guide and answering Q's, so I haven't progressed as much as i would have normally by now...

Thanks for your updates man, your guide is awesome. I see you're using Ancestral Protector instead of Ancestral Warchief, I'm sorry if you already answered it, but what's the reason for that?

I have 70c laying around and I don't know if I should spend it in this character, as I don't see a lot more room for improvement, or save it for the next.

I'm in the process of levelling gems to get them to 20 quality. My carnage heart is badly rolled on stats but good on damage while leeching. I could 6-link weapon, I could get a bringer of rain with a bit more armour and evasion and the rest of the gear could use more life and more damage to attacks, but I'm doing fine as it is.

Unless this char can be made into a great boss killer somehow.

As per the build guide notes, Ancestral Protector and Ancestral Warchief are pretty well interchangable. They are so close to each other in terms of what they output themselves and what they do for you, it almost makes no difference. For what it's worth though, I'm levelling up a higher "quality" version of the Warchief skill gem in my chest to swap-out with the A-Protector I currently have equipped, once it's levelled.

Save your chaos for another build. Especially if your Sunder Slayer already does what you want it to comfortably already. That 70c will buy you two near-perfect rings for your next build alone.
"
HorriblyWrong wrote:
"
Please help i've looked at your damage output at this point in the league and i cant and you are doing like 80k more damage at the same level as me.

Ignore this post i didnt log in with my steam account so you wont be able to see my character. Check my build on this account please.

Your account here at the forum is set to private, so no one can see any of your characters, unfortunately.
"
Hemaka1 wrote:
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
End of Week 1 General Update:
[...]

I wish there was some karma/upvotes system here like on reddit etc. Anyways just wanted to thank you for constant detailed updates like this one. Got lots of respect for people willing to comprehensively answer questions and keep everything up-to-date. Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words. If you get the chance, also be sure to drop in and say thanks to the original build designer - Nathan (https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jelbishi).
Only level 80 so far but it's gone extremely fast and efficient, plus I'm really enjoying it! Thanks for the guide :)
Having a hard time surviving lately, shaped atoll. Can someone take a look at my profile and point out if I have made any horrible mistakes?

Profile Link

Thanks
I don't like the amount of life I have, even after getting t2+ life on every slot, and 137 on belt, and finishing the entire life cluster by scion, only having 5.4k

I've decided to drop bringer of rain to get a 5l belly, any ideas on a good helm to use? I was thinking maybe devotos, or a high ilvl elder/shaper rare, any other ideas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info