[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

alright, ill respect and see how it goes,thanks for the lab info
So I've started the process today of filling out the map and trying some Shaper/Elder zones while over the map's I was doing.

Whoooooeeeee Boy

These dang Elder and Shaper drops are juicy to say the least....

This droped in a Tier 5 map for me, along with 3 other Shaper items.
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
UhYuuki wrote:
so i mentioned earlier but didnt really get a reply, would getting vaal pact be worth it at all or not really? currently 86 with the build and its been doing me well.

Try it out and see, then let us know. It would likely be a decent improvement while mapping and bossing, but would be a significant detriment while in the Uber Lab. My past experiences with multiple different characters in the Uber Lab that were Vaal-Pact based could all easily be summed up with one word "Nightmare

I haven't had issues with traps at all on Vaal Pact. Hitting something before entering a trap area keeps my hp full through it. I've seen the flask charge traps but never noticed them while I leap slam past them. I can stand in fire at full hp, stand in needles at full hp, stand in saws at full hp. It really isn't an issue.
Since the Prices for carnage heart & bringer of rain are a bit high atm, I figured out that it is possible to get the BoR via the prophecy blood in eyes. Is that correct? And if so, do I have to run racecourse / Arena map for that ? because These are the Areas where mad Gladiators can spawn.

And how do you prioritse the importance of items? Carnage first, BoR 2nd, WoE 3rd and Atziris step 4th?

thanks in advance ! :)
Someone have made a lot of currency on this amulet speculation. Sad thing, impossible to buy less than 25c now
"
steejayz wrote:
Since the Prices for carnage heart & bringer of rain are a bit high atm, I figured out that it is possible to get the BoR via the prophecy blood in eyes. Is that correct? And if so, do I have to run racecourse / Arena map for that ? because These are the Areas where mad Gladiators can spawn.

I honestly don't know for sure. The POE community wiki is under re-construction due to the mass wave of changes to everything. Prophecies and Div card's have all been changed in terms of what area they drop in, their drop rate and from what enemies they drop from, too. Not all of them have been changed, but many have been apparently. Any existing info about this is 3.0 related and has changed for the current season, 3.1.

"
And how do you prioritse the importance of items? Carnage first, BoR 2nd, WoE 3rd and Atziris step 4th?

thanks in advance ! :)

I make the decision based on bang for buck, as in what's most effective for the lowest cost to biggest quality of life boost. I go:

- Dex/Int + Life/All-Res/AttackSpeed/PhysDamage Jewel #1
- Writhing Jar flask
- Dex/Int + Life/All-Res/AttackSpeed/PhysDamage Jewel #2
- WoE axe
--------------- *Once I have the above 4, I usually do the Ubar Lab for the first time*
- Atziri flask
- Rumi's flask
- Dex/Int + Life/All-Res/AttackSpeed/PhysDamage Jewel #3
- Carnage amulet
- Atziri boots
- The bringer of rain Helm (I chose this one last as usually the rings and gloves I have after just reaching L70 are garbage and not res-capped. As soon as you take the helm, you lose out on the chest slot which can be painful without the other gear already equipped and basic rings and belt bringing you near to res-capped).

If chaos is not on short supply though, you can buy the lot right now on day 4 of the new league for just under 50 chaos - and the prices are only going to drop further from here.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 12, 2017, 5:38:47 AM
"
V4d_Sk1ff wrote:
Someone have made a lot of currency on this amulet speculation. Sad thing, impossible to buy less than 25c now

It will drop down in price over the coming days. The reason for the cost being up at the moment is because it's become an amulet many are using for their builds for the first 5-10 days of the new league, before they either get a BIS amulet, or obtain one of the new Shaper/Elder amulets. It's become a bit of a rarer drop and the demand for it is still high. If these were being price-fixed, you'd see them upwards of 60 chaos (it happened part way through the last league when a guild hoarded over 150 of them, then the price tumbled down to 5 chaos in a few days). I'd say it's only a matter of days though before the market is rapidly flooded with them and the price takes a nose dive, as they just wont be needed any more by many players.

Ultimately it makes little difference, as many builds have items upwards of 25c for each of their slots before they become viable. We can chuck 50 chaos at this build on day 3 of a new league and be creaming the Uber Lab and cruising through T12 maps with a fully geared character. Lot's of other popular builds will take more than twice that time to get to the same point and they'll need to pay for carries through Uber Lab and other content too, making it even more expensive for them - not to mention the cost of fancy rare and threshold jewels.
This build is awesome. I found an exalted orb during Act 2 and managed to buy all the gear before i got to maps. I feel like I'm playing the game on easy mode.
This build is awesome. I found an exalted orb during Act 2 and managed to buy all the gear before i got to maps. I feel like I'm playing the game on easy mode.
we can use shield charge instead of leap slam(work with prismatic eclipse sword?)?
thank you for this awesome build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info