[3.1] FLAME TOTEM CHIEFTAIN, MOM BM EB, EVERYTHING VIABLE budget + rich version 300k+ DPS

Why no fire/ice/lightning golem for extra damage/crit/attack.castspeed?
Build like this is older then 2 year idk why have u write build which already is out there?Check better this link for far better explanation : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702947

I have folow also his guide using this atm:

Lopi85 thank u for u guide i had great time with crit flame totem!
Last edited by anmargan on Mar 20, 2018, 10:29:58 AM
Anmargan..you must be mistaken, bc you arent commenting on Lopi85 guide..so your comment is a bit missplaced.
I know Lopi's build, there are similarities..but since this isnt a copy paste, then the credit shouldnt go to lopi :)

The guide is nice..but..the downside is that its fairly expensive..it shines with tukohama and +1 corrupted infernal mantle..feels clunky without at least the tukohama.
You could make a hierprohant with or without soulmantle..it will cost 10% of what you have to spend..and it will be able to clear the same content..i think picking chieftain might be a mistake?
Doesnt seem to be the number 1 option anymore :)
PoB Pastebin please.
Has anybody got a updated 3.4 version of this build?
Not likely to happen. With the revamped Ascendancy Shockwave Totem or Ancestral Warchief are better choices than Flame Totem for a Chieftain totemer. "Gain 70% of Physical Damage as extra Fire Damage" is too good to miss out on... even Spell Totem with a physical spell such as Bladefall is a viable option.

If you like the auld tanky Flame Totem build so much, you're better off now with a Scion using Chieftain (Totem leech, Ash debuff) and Hierophant (extra Totem, Arcane Surge) as Ascendancies
"
mayhem2k wrote:
Has anybody got a updated 3.4 version of this build?

I'm currently doing a Flame Totem Chieftain. I dont think anything has changed.

However, I'm not 100% sure I'm gonna stick with it. Seems I can pretty much slot in any totem skill I want and get the same effect, so I havent decided yet on Shockwave/Flameblast/Ancestrial/Flame.

I'm currently using Flame Totem just because thats the first guide I found on youtube. But it seems like you can just change an item here or there and put any totem skill you want in.

It does feel shoddy going a non-physical version just because you are wasting that one portion of the ascendancy, but I dunno how big a deal that is on average anyways. I'm sure it'll help on bosses and maybe some tough mobs, but maybe not to the effect of using a skill you dont like. I dont really care for shockwave. I do need some effects in my life. I'll give it another shot later when I get a decent build going in maps, but for the little bit I used it, meh. I prefer flame totems and Flameblast.

By far the most enjoyable is Flameblast. I've just always liked the effect and the sound. But its way slower on activation than Flame Totem, which just start spitting fire as soon as they spawn. It feels more like casting something since it starts damaging so soon.

I'm sticking with the version I found on youtube, build-wise. When I get up into the endgame map/lab, I'll give all of them a try see which I prefer to use. The only difference on the tree will be avatar of fire for the physical versions, so 1 point. I'm sure some of them don't work with crit near as well, but it will be ok.

My advice just try all the totem skills out, see which feels better before you invest in the 5/6l armor(infernal/soul mantle/6l for Shockwave/AW).

Edit: Trying out shockwave totem. It doesnt feel very good at all to me. I know it takes advantage of the ascendancy, but it feels worse than Flameblast and Flame totem. I bought a Tabula and started trying skills. Shockwave just feels way worse than either Flame or Flameblast, and thats before they even get their own armors that boost them(infernal/soul). Just on an even playing field, it felt way worse to play. I probably wont be doing Shockwave totem.
Last edited by Destructodave on Dec 12, 2018, 8:29:51 AM
Totems will back now mmmru,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info