[3.1] FLAME TOTEM CHIEFTAIN, MOM BM EB, EVERYTHING VIABLE budget + rich version 300k+ DPS

"
Thump553 wrote:
Do you have a poor man's version of this build?

I'm not OP, but I have played Flame Totem before. The only truly expensive items are the 6L Infernal Mantle (not talking about +1 gems which is another level) and the Tuko. A 5L Infernal Mantle is not too pricey and just replace the Tukohama with a shield that has life, spell damage, spell crit, resistances that you need. Before you have a 5L and solid wand/dagger, you can use Nycta's Lantern which gives you a pseudo 5L plus added fire damage and +2 to your flame totem gem.

That should comfortably carry you through yellow maps where you can farm. With putting some resistances in your shield, you can move in Hrimnor's as your helm which provides some damage, life, and freeze/chill immunity which is a nice QOL for mapping.

Every other piece of gear you want to push your resistances to cap minimum and consider map mod elemental weakness as well for alch and go mapping. You would also want life on your equipment as well. If you can manage 5k life for yellows, you will be very comfortable. Between less damage taken around your totems and taunt + leech coupled the ability to move and position as your totems kill, you will feel tanky.

Here is another great flame totem crit guide (not mine) that can help and covers early mapping, etc.: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702947

Edit: added the Nycta's Lantern and the other crit guide.
Last edited by White_Rabbit_29 on Dec 28, 2017, 1:03:03 PM
"
Thump553 wrote:
Do you have a poor man's version of this build?

Considering poor man's version is 1 Exa total (lets say standard 84c)

Infernal Mantle = less than 1 alch xd
Jeweller's Touch for easy 5 link ~25c

Wand with 15+ cast speed, 100+ crit for spells, 60+ foie spell damage ~15c

Flame totem projectile speed enchant (IMPORTANT) on non unique helmet ~10c

core items 50c - 55c, you got around 30 chaos to fill your resistances, which can be done with blue items if you take +15% all res node and use +12% all res shield for like idk, 10c?

Roll Diamond Flask with curse immunity (IMPORTANT), double movement quicksilver, rest of flasks are just instant life flasks, that way you can start farming yellow or even T11 maps easily, or even easy peasy uber lab if you chosen ascendancy that grants your totems taunt. From that point character will only grow stronger and stronger as you keep upgrading little things like wand with proj speed, starting to stack crit multi, basically you dont need to stack very much crit chance, ~60% total is good enough, then just crit multi, flat increases in damage, and cast speed.

Do not underestimate cast speed on jewellery, you can get ~20% cast speed which is quite big bonus to dps.

Good luck mate.

Last edited by 0ri on Jan 4, 2018, 1:04:34 PM
can you add a passive tree while leveling
"
Xetremer wrote:
can you add a passive tree while leveling

was about to ask the same thing, but after seeing the end game tree it appears there's only one path to go. not much deviation til we get near the witch area which is fairly late.
with the bandit quest, who did you save?
Lord grant me the strength to change the things I can,the curage to accept the things I can't and the wisdom to know the difrence.
Would there be a bow (or what stats should be looked at) with this build so as to use Skirmish as a poor-man's Tukohama until one drops, or would it not be worth it?
"
Zynap wrote:
with the bandit quest, who did you save?

he killed everyone and took the passive points
Last edited by Xetremer on Jan 26, 2018, 11:12:16 AM
Sup, I was thinking about making a flame totem chieftain in the upcoming league and was wondering what do you mean with the MoM, BM, EB explanation as I can't see where you have your BM (as in blood magic, right?) on your gear nor in your skill tree in the videos, as the old skill tree link is now broken with the new skill tree pushed onto the website.

Chhers
From his shield
"
Knytestorme wrote:
Would there be a bow (or what stats should be looked at) with this build so as to use Skirmish as a poor-man's Tukohama until one drops, or would it not be worth it?

you can always try unarmed and doryani's fist for full hipster mode ;D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info