Help a newbie? 🤷🏻‍♂️

So I started this game about a week ago, going in totally blind and messed up a few times like you tend to do when you start out at things. I’ve finally decided what I wanted to do for the build after several respecs of the tree, which is a Duelist - Ranger. I’ve got a fair bit for being new but my bow has been giving me the biggest issue thus far. Then, I got lucky and hit that prophecy where you use a transmutation orb on something for extra properties. Did it and I ended up with 141% increased physical damage, adds 20 - 45 physical and accuracy. (I admit the last part isn’t great but I’m sure there’s something to do about that) I’m just wondering what the options are from here, I’ve read several things going different ways and don’t want to mess this up being broke and newbie. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2017, 1:43:39 PM
I suggest you look on the duelist forums and follow one of the bleed bow builds. There are so many things that you don't know about the game starting out, that its not really possible to tell you everything you need to know about the game to not screw up your first character, without constantly checking to see if your character is still fine. Since how good your character is depends on your skills, your gear, and your playstyle.

You won't know how much health you need, damage you need, defense you need, won't know what attacks to watch out for etc....Just play your build out, follow a guide, and screw up your build till you know enough to make your own build. If anything, when you completely screw up your character, it's best to start over from lvl 1 and try again. It's faster to level up a new character then it is to fix a messed up one.
(⌐■_■)
I am following a build, a Tornado-Shot/Physical now build. I’m just looking for suggestions on what to do with this bow. I’ve looked at videos but none of them are too specific on this stage in crafting it.
What lvl you have? What gear you have? What basetype of your bow? If you have enough dps for fast cleerspeed you may use this because this affixes is good. If you want more exact tips you must show your character.
Can you be a bit more specific in what you are trying to craft and what build you are following? Sorry, the first impression I got was that you crafted some low level bow, and was now wondering how to improve it which sounds ridiculous.

If its a crafting issue with the bow, you have to slam some exalts if the bow base is good, and try to roll good damage mods, and scour the rest. Again, don't know what bow you are talking about so for all I know the base damage of the bow could be garbage and your better off vendoring it which would save you a ton of cash in the future.

(⌐■_■)
No I’m sorry, It would be so much easier if I could show you but I’m using my phone and can’t send the picture lol. I’m crafting a harbinger bow, already got the six sockets and I’m working on the 6l. I rolled %50 on implicit, then physical damage percentage, physical damage and accuracy as the explicits. I’m wondering what’s the best way to proceed to make this bow the best I can get it for this build, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1981294.
Are you playing on XboX or PC?

If PC go to privacy settings and set your character as public so we can see what bow are you talking about (or make a picture of it)
Xbox sadly, I know that makes this more complicated. It’s just a vanilla harbinger bow with those traits on it, the ones people like to multimod all the time.
Ok so better make picture of it and post it here.

Finally! Took a bit longer than I expected sorry about that. This is the bow I'm talking about.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info