Adjustments to Existing Corpse Spells

Loving the new look for DD, here's hoping that vaal DD looks just as juicy. :D
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
That might resurrect old PT DD/Vaal DD build! Good job, GGG!
So much love for summoner types :o
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I miss carrying 6 man groups with DD firetrap
Twitter.com/Ecdub984
Youtube.com/Ecdub984
Twitch.tv/Ecdubs
Since we're talking about corpse based spells, just thought I'd toss an idea out there:

Personally, I think some sort of "corpse wall" spell that allowed the raising of defensive barriers (similar to frost wall) out of corpses would be pretty darn nifty. Visually, I sort of picture it like a minion resurrection spell gone horribly wrong with dozens of twitching body parts stitched together with blood-sputtering flesh. To differentiate it from frost wall, maybe it could have some sort of melee attack from the various corpse limbs composing the wall either to compensate for its extra corpse cost or as a trade off for something else. Also, like the sacrifice spells, it would be neat if it used up all corpses in range of the cast to make its wall, more corpses creating a larger wall.

Being a fragile Necromancer who even gives her shield bonus to her minions, there could be quite a bit of utility to create a defensive barrier such as this, but I don't want to resort to an ice spell to do it.
This is part of my dream for a thematic Necromancer build where every spell cast is related to death or darkness in some way (btw replacing Lightning Warp with Bodyswap gets me one step closer to that weird metagoal, so thanks for that ^_~).
Last edited by Dramatis_Persona on Nov 21, 2017, 9:18:00 PM
The fact you make a point to say "Unreflectable" damage on the remake means reflect will still be alive and well in the game. Are there changes coming to reflect with the changes to Vaal Pact?
I like that Detonate Dead is getting updated to be more useful in the current game environment, but I can't help but think that it would be more interesting if it could detonate more than one corpse at a time, whether natively or via support gems like Chain, Increase Area of Effect, or the incoming Spell Cascade.

I don't necessarily want to see the standard Detonate Dead supplant Vaal Detonate Dead for clearing whole rooms worth of corpses in seconds, but at the same time I feel that Detonate Dead would be better, or at least more fun/interesting/visceral, for being a bit more similar to its Vaal big brother.

At the very least, appending the Chain keyword to it, without giving it any native ability to chain, would be almost appropriate given that it could then detonate the same number of corpses that Desecrate creates by default.
Noo leave my vaal dd alone you bastards !

ps. wtb dd mtx in discharge style
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Nov 21, 2017, 9:20:34 PM
Dd changed? Does that mean projectpt is back to Poe?
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Nov 21, 2017, 9:26:16 PM
"
Marikhen wrote:
I like that Detonate Dead is getting updated to be more useful in the current game environment, but I can't help but think that it would be more interesting if it could detonate more than one corpse at a time, whether natively or via support gems like Chain, Increase Area of Effect, or the incoming Spell Cascade.

You can, Trap + Cluster Trap/Multiple Traps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info