ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Prizy wrote:
Show us on the doll where the bad liberal touched you...

Here:

"
Prizy wrote:
The hyperbole in all of these statements is ridiculous.

LA may not be the #1 in the world, but it is near the top. At 58,000 homeless in 2017 , Los Angeles overtook the #3 world spot from Mumbai, India at 57,000. The number 2 spot is held by NYC at 74,000 homeless and #1 would be Manila, Philippines with a guestimated figure of over 3 million homeless

Aim is correct about the left using virtue signaling. There's a reason the term exists and you can open up any social media site and see evidence of it daily. It didn't use to be so prevalent among celebrities, but now it is essentially a required part of their publicity package.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/09/virtue-signaling-liberals-condemn-privilege-while-enjoying-privilege/ Although the article is definitely biased, the essential claims are are true.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/thoughts-thinking/201710/virtues-values-and-moral-bullying
https://bpr.berkeley.edu/2018/05/05/the-political-is-not-personal-neoliberalism-and-todays-march-culture/

Aim made an imo statement based off his personal experience. Unless you are a mind reader, or have investigated his claims - or show some proof/studies/links to the contrary - your assessment of the validity of his opinion is silly. You don't even bother to counter with logic or your own opinion. If you have some personal experience to the contrary of what Aim speaks, or some proof - then tell or show it.

"
Prizy wrote:
Hollywood stars moving people into their homes? Is this really the de facto metric used to determine whether the left is altruistic?
If a celebrity claims the right thing to do is for others to pay for housing, then that celebrity should be willing to do the same thing. As a celebrity has far more money than they need, it would be next to nothing for them to help out this way. Some of them spend more on a single party than a house would cost.

"
Prizy wrote:
How many people does Donald Trump keep in the trump hotels?
Trump isn't claiming that people need to pay for more housing for the homeless. The person making the claim needs to back up their claim. If Trump was claiming we need to give more of our money to help the homeless, then he would have to show he is willing to spend more of his own.

"
Prizy wrote:
Nonsensical false equivalencies are so annoying because there is no valid position to even argue from.
Don't make them then :-)

"
Prizy wrote:
To be fair, I would rather be homeless in LA then in Florida. If I were to be homeless, the title would assume that I would be sleeping outside most days, yes?
Not quite. You may be counted in some cities if you sleep in your car. You might not be counted in others if you stay in a shelter most days of the year. How they count and qualify people varies. The only consistent method is the one night count which is done annually.

This inconsistency is part of why the homeless problem continues - the people spending the tax money don't make any real effort to show why and how they are applying the money, or how they are tracking progress. Some cities have far too many agencies spending money, with a lot of waste and little cooperation. In some places, it is just too easy and convenient to remain homeless.

"
Prizy wrote:
Weather is an important factor to homeless congregation.
Cold rainy Seattle is number 3 in the US, and it isn't because of the weather. The self cleaning toilets Seattle bought at $600,000 each didn't solve the problem either.

You are correct that housing costs are part of the problem. Lax laws, poor planning and govt inefficiency are what allow the problem to continue. It has been awhile since I've researched homeless resources, but several years ago Seattle and Boston were carefully studied at numerous levels. The populations were similar in size ~700K, similar number of homeless ~9K/7K and spending was similar ~80 million. The percentage of people actually living on the streets was vastly different, with less than 5% in Boston and almost 50% in Seattle. What the study found was Boston did a better job of coordinating public private large and small resources to eliminate waste and ensure people didn't fall through the cracks because of all the paper work.

Boston didn't try to regulate every aspect, but did try to assist in making sure the groups had what they needed to coordinate efforts.

Conservatives generally aren't against helping homeless people -but they are against throwing money at problems and not seeing any results.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jul 24, 2018, 11:06:35 PM
You guys cant imagine the jig I do when I hear amazon pays no income taxes. Sure living vicariously because I have no figured it out yet but that should be standard.
Git R Dun!
Dalai, haven't you noticed the tendancy to call everyone right of Bernie Sanders a right-winger? Do you really believe that this phenomenon is brand new, having just begun in your lifetime? The Overton Window has been shifting further left in the US (with the occasional "two steps left, one step right, two steps left again" backtrack) since the Constitution was ratified.

In the context of a nation founded on hardcore classical liberal principles, conservatism is mostly a centrist position. Arguably slightly rightwing at times, when it veers away from libertarian values, ex: the call for state Constitutional amendments defining marriage as being between one man and one woman. But the real right, the stuff to the right of conservatism, is so alien to you that you've simply accepted without argument the left's decades-long attempt to relabel you. You're never going to be able to fight them on these Overton Window shifts unless you promote an objective definition of the political center, not the subjective one based on the median of public opinion.

I've seen the stuff to the right of conservatism, Dalai. I'm the sort who dives right into the muck when I want to know. I understand how modern Nazis think because I've read them. I would hope you'd just take my word on all of this, but if you really don't believe me when I describe "full sink or swim mode," I guess I can't spare you the pain. I can't link these places, obviously; our politically correct culture views them as a potentially lethal health hazard. But I think you know where the vermin dwell.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 24, 2018, 11:12:52 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You guys cant imagine the jig I do when I hear amazon pays no income taxes. Sure living vicariously because I have no figured it out yet but that should be standard.

You just have to run the computer system for the entire CIA, then you'll never pay income tax ever again.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

You just have to run the computer system for the entire CIA, then you'll never pay income tax ever again.

CIA is that the one who told us there were WMDs in Iraq and Russia hacked? Couldnt work for such an unreliable company. Sound like typical gov workers TBH - totally incompetent. Not to mention ultimate DEEP STATE too their budget is classified.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 24, 2018, 11:45:21 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Dalai, haven't you noticed the tendancy to call everyone right of Bernie Sanders a right-winger? Do you really believe that this phenomenon is brand new, having just begun in your lifetime? The Overton Window has been shifting further left in the US (with the occasional "two steps left, one step right, two steps left again" backtrack) since the Constitution was ratified.

Even before then. Political opposition has rarely been a civil thing. How could it be, when for thousands of years, failure meant death?

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
In the context of a nation founded on hardcore classical liberal principles, conservatism is mostly a centrist position. Arguably slightly rightwing at times, when it veers away from libertarian values, ex: the call for state Constitutional amendments defining marriage as being between one man and one woman. But the real right, the stuff to the right of conservatism, is so alien to you that you've simply accepted without argument the left's decades-long attempt to relabel you. You're never going to be able to fight them on these Overton Window shifts unless you promote an objective definition of the political center, not the subjective one based on the median of public opinion.

I've been refuting incorrect opinions and experts since age 4. I no more accept their attempt to relabel fascism/dictatorships as "right", than I do their attempt to label conservatism as far right.

I don't see a political "center" at all. I understand what people are usually referring to when they say "centrist", but I also recognize their gauge of center can be wildly different from someone else. They might as well say the person is a resasonablist - as their aggregate opinions make sense to the person making the "centrist" claim.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I've seen the stuff to the right of conservatism, Dalai. I'm the sort who dives right into the muck when I want to know. I understand how modern Nazis think because I've read them. I would hope you'd just take my word on all of this, but if you really don't believe me when I describe "full sink or swim mode," I guess I can't spare you the pain. I can't link these places, obviously; our politically correct culture views them as a potentially lethal health hazard. But I think you know where the vermin dwell.

I'm not doubting how horrific some organizations and governments can get, or that they will use whatever vile and violent means to put more money in their own pockets at the expense of others. The violence doesn't make them right wing.

Allowing the left to decide what is "right" is part of the problem.

To those who dont think trump is a moron - his Iran tough talking belies that. The inability to subdue smaller and far more primitive Afghanistan after 17 years of trying does not provide confidence in his war talk. I think he thinks he needs a good ole war to off Mulller investigation but this will be his undoing ore than anything else (like Bush/Iraq) Mentioning Iraq - Iran is 4x the territory and mountainous like Afghanistan. Meaning you cant just bomb shit.
Git R Dun!
"

I've been refuting incorrect opinions and experts since age 4.
Um you should read death of expertise by Tom Nicolles. tragedy of commons results when people think they know more than experts. Pick experts carefully with convincing facts though
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 25, 2018, 1:57:54 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
I don't see a political "center" at all.
Then you have a proper definition of neither "left" nor "right." You're publicly admitting that you have no understanding of where one ends and the other begins. I presume you believe that a nation without borders isn't a nation, so why wouldn't you care about where the border lies ideologically?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I actually pondered that myself yesterday and came to the conclusion that there is no center.

You have either the left or the right and their "base" position. Then you can be left or right of that position but there's never a position that directly in the middle. There's just positions that is closer to reaching the other side but can't cross it.

Essentially, the left emphasize society as the more important thing while the right emphasize the individual as the more important.

The deep end of each is: Only the elites/core counts and only I count (in the sense the rest is just ripe for exploiting/murdering/stealing from if it benefit). Both of which are very similar and as such, is essentially a reverse horseshoe in that concept. Hunger games is a good example of deep end left, thievery and murderous robbers/poachers/slavers are a good example of the deep end right.

As for the basic positions of the left and of the right, I'd say it's "the group is more important than the individual vs the individual is more important than the group". Now, before you try to correct me about how the right is about freedom while the left isn't, it's not true. Freedom isn't exclusive to one side nor is suppression of freedom. When one's could buy slaves (which is very far right), I think we can agree that it was a suppression of freedom. Just the same way that far left can suppress freedom with dictatorial behavior (north korea ie).

Now, take healthcare as an issue.

base left is: the government should take care of the sicks.
base right is: the individual should take care of himself.

Let's both go towards the so called middle with both

left: the government should take care of the sicks unless their sickness is caused by choice (ie: smoking, drug abuse).

right: the individual should take care of himself unless they can't and it's a life threatening situation.

Both of those are relatively minor steps toward the middle but both of them creates a situation in which the base position relent some ground to the opposite side.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info