ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

I'm I the only one thinking Rudy has diminished mental capabilities? Seems unfit to practice law at his age.

Watch this.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/27/giuliani-says-mueller-probe-rigged-focusing-on-things-that-didnt-happen.html
Git R Dun!
What I want to see happen, is for war to be so extremely costly for the USA, in casualties and material resources/money that it's just not really viable at all for non-self defense reasons.

The USA likes to ensure that their adversaries are ill-equipped militarily, antiquated equipment, etc, but if their adversaries are armed with weapons "almost as good", then the whole dynamic changes, and war suddenly becomes politically non-viable from a casualty/cost perspective. Especially against nuclear armed countries.

Nuclear weapons are a double edged sword, the more countries that have them increase the likelihood of them being used, but on the other hand, it makes war for aggressive countries like the USA politically non-viable.

You just can't keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of crazy people, unless you're willing to kill millions of civilians to remove their government. Then the lines become blurred as to which side is the craziest.
"
morbo wrote:
Insurgencies are winnable, when you have either most of the population on your side or you go full genocide. The second is not an option anymore, the first one is not available. In Afghanistan you'd need most Afghani to actually fight the Taliban. But they aren't, so the best thing to do is to cut losses and pack your bags.

A-stan is a total waste of resources. Eliminating a single sandal-wearing goat-herder with an AK, can cost millions of dollars - patrolling, surveillance, air support, artillery fire, base maintenance, logistics... US is a Goliath swatting unlimited amount of flies.

But since war and the military is a governmental program, it can and will eat unlimited amounts of cash with no regard to justification or efficiency.

E:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Also, Turkey might be moving away from the EU/NATO to form closer ties with the Russians:

The US (and French) are supporting their proxy force in Syria, called "SDF" (mostly comprised of Kurds) and Turkey doesn't like this. The US has no chance of winning anything in Syria, the most that US/Israel/Saudi can do is to prolong the war indefinitely. But Turks won't tolerate an increasing Kurd power (NATO armed & trained) on their border.

Last Islamic insurgency any western powers won was 100 years ago in Libya. Mussolini dispatched General Rodolfo Graziani with a mandate to exert Fascist control over Libya using all means necessary. Even in a desert - where everything sticks out like a sore thumb, killing about 1/3 of the population, interned the whole population in concentration camps, torture, whole nine yards took 13 years. You can get modern armies to do this, low population of Libya at the time and it's terrain limited. So yeah thats not happening for so many reasons. You have to win them over by other means. Thing is Afghans don't want to be "mom's and dad's just like us" they have thier own culture and traditions and want to keep them. So this messianic white mans burden ideals we try and just pushes them into talibans arms will never work. We just piss them off.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 27, 2018, 3:44:23 PM
"
morbo wrote:

The US (and French) are supporting their proxy force in Syria, called "SDF" (mostly comprised of Kurds) and Turkey doesn't like this. The US has no chance of winning anything in Syria, the most that US/Israel/Saudi can do is to prolong the war indefinitely. But Turks won't tolerate an increasing Kurd power (NATO armed & trained) on their border.

This is true. I forgot all about the bitter nature between Turks and Kurds, and the USA is backing Kurdish forces in Syria, who're approaching Turkey's borders, and Turkey really doesn't like it.

Assad would absolutely love it if Turkey got involved and cleaned out the Kurdish terrorists from the eastern part of Syria. And if the war drags on for much longer, Turkey might just do exactly that.
Politi""""""""""""""fact"""""""""""""" be like

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Politi""""""""""""""fact"""""""""""""" be like

I think what they're trying to say is Amazon doesn't have a monopoly on not being taxed.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
The era of US & Israeli hegemony in the middle east is coming to an end.

It looks like Turkey is now an opponent of Israel on the geopolitical stage:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/turkish-pm-israel-islamic-nations-unite-against-jewish-state/

Also, Turkey might be moving away from the EU/NATO to form closer ties with the Russians:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/turkey-deal-to-buy-russian-weapons-is-final

You got 2 main competing factions in the middle east. On one side you got:

USA/Israel/Saudis/Qataris

On the other side you have:

Russia/Iran/Syria.....and now possibly Turkey?

If Turkey joins team #2, then that's going to spell a complete disaster for team #1. And a complete disaster for NATO. Russia is basically knocking out 2 birds with one stone by pulling Turkey into their alliance, which is a geopolitical power play. Vladimir Putin showing his mettle once again.

There was an incident awhile back where Turkey shot down a Russian fighter jet, but ever since that incident, Russia has been busy in negotiations with Turkey. It's possible they worked out some kinda deal.

Russia/Iran/Syria plans on running an oil pipeline through the region, and given recent events, it appears like Syria and Assad is going to pull through this and come out on the winning side. Of course, Turkey doesn't want to be on the losing side, and has changed positions and decided to side with the eventual winner.

That's my analysis about this.

Qataris will probably go with the Turkey/Iran axis due to bases Turkey has there and they like Iran even though they are Shi'a. All I know is the people get screwed per usual by these mechanizations by zillionaires like Syria people are. What a mess.
Git R Dun!
I’m okay with Amazon “paying no taxes.” They spend their money better and offer better services than the govt ever could. Taxes are collected on their employees income and their customers’ transactions, and Amazon is one of Amazon’s biggest customers. Each of Amazon’s services buy service from one another wherever appropriate. Money isn’t simply moved around within the companies, they conduct business amongst themselves as independent entities (because they are).

I’m sticking with team Amazon should team Trump decide to go to war with them. There’s plenty of things Trump could do to lose my support, and this is at the front of that list. Amazon represents the future of business in America, and the more old dinosaurs they squash along the way the better.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on May 27, 2018, 5:48:09 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Qataris will probably go with the Turkey/Iran axis due to bases Turkey has there and they like Iran even though they are Shi'a. All I know is the people get screwed per usual by these mechanizations by zillionaires like Syria people are. What a mess.

The problem for Qatar, is they're right next to Saudi Arabia, and they're an extremely small country. The Saudis could annex Qatar any time they want. The Saudis aren't a serious military power, but they could roll over Qatar no problem.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
The era of US & Israeli hegemony in the middle east is coming to an end.

It looks like Turkey is now an opponent of Israel on the geopolitical stage

UMMMM... why do people keep pretending USA doesn't dominate every one of those countries, as allies or in sanctions?

Even israel isn't threatened... syria destroyed, Turkey whining but guess what, saudis are siding with israel now on many issues.

Like it or not USA is more powerful than ever in terms of might and money and influence.

And all turkey will do to israel, is yap about it from time to time.

Israel won't last forever, but it won't be an ever loud but do nothing turkey that stops them.

AND NO ONE... will stop USA.

It's not even funny how far and away beyond any and all competition USA is now.

Last edited by Templar_G on May 27, 2018, 6:46:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info