Ancestral Call + Melee Splash + Multistrike

"
torturo wrote:

While on jokes, got to mention spell cascade.
I'm quite afraid to comment on many of the rest in the announcement - gem description is so vague and confusing that I don't even dare.

I've read it a couple of time saw the video And it's still confusing lol
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
torturo wrote:
I'm quite afraid to comment on many of the rest in the announcement - gem description is so vague and confusing that I don't even dare.

It's Glacial Cascade, but for AoE Spells, the way I read it? Haven't seen it in action, but that's what the name plus description tell me.
OK...

Off topic but here is a build idea that might be able to utilise spell cascade and a rather stupid cheap unique.

Slithertonuge unique bow (arrows that pierce have a 50% chance to cause bleeding)

Gems setup: Unearth + GMP + phys damage scaling (for the bleed dot)

Unearth creates a corpse!

We can then use volatile dead + spell cascade or detonate dead + spell cascade to try for some AoE clearing and apply some more DoT damage from the burn.

Workable or just plain crazy?

Probably just crazy, but ill try it out anyways.

Cheers,
Matt.

PS. How about Unearth, GMP, LMP in that crazy fast bow with vaal detonate dead just for gits and shiggles?
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
molten strike with 2 threshold jewels + ancestral call + multistrike.. what you need else? You can take no offence nodes from skill tree and you will have nuclear explosions on your screen if it works as i think.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Are we sure that dominating blow can't be supported by AC, or is it just that the minions created by it don't carry it over to their attacks?

It says minions aren't supported, so I'm pretty sure you're right and it's possible to cull 3 mobs at the same time. Whether that's desirable when AC doesn't support the minions is another question.

"
torturo wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Frost Blades, Wild Strike, Molten Strike...
But why bother reading the thread you're commenting in eh. Not like that could ever offer insights that you've blatantly missed.

I took my time to read the whole thread, as I do with any single one I comment in.

This gem is a net damage loss to FB, as long this skill is played with MS, and there are ways to chain without penalty, nor having gem slot occupied.
Molten strike - there's no confirmation that AC will in practice generate additional projectiles by every of its extra hits. If so, it will support the skill pretty nice. If not, you get it. Damage loss to single targets in both cases.
Wild strike, yes.

AC actually appears to be a great new addition, eventually able to support two skills at best. I'm golf clapping in the background.

And tbh I doubt the initial design was ever considered to target these certain skills, it's obviously to support namelocking skills without MS support. Which is even funnier.

I'm pretty sure it works similarly to the multiple traps gem, except now you don't need trap support, multiple traps and sunblast + 2 jewels. Judging from the tooltip, the AoEs don't originate from your position like it is for glacial cascade, but are still oriented in a line. I wonder if you can overlap the AoEs with lowered or increased AoE modifiers.
Are the attacks individual ,or a copy of the main attack like multistrike?

to make it simple . can i get 3 charges if all 3 crit?
"
SorakPoE wrote:

Infernal Blow would probably still use Melee Splash, if not both Ancestral Call and splash.

=

Both, it murders. I *think* each AC instance is generating splashes which can lead to overlapping AoE fun!
Last edited by genequagmire on Jan 17, 2018, 10:41:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info